Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
It's kind of crazy those few changes to Kael a few patches ago made his WR jump back up that high and that they already have to nerf some things. It's also crazy they didn't realize (just napkin math) how much extra damage Fel Infusion added. At level 20 it's 42 damage to living bomb and 35 damage to flame strike, then it adds 107 damage to Pyro and if Phoenix gets off at least 7 attacks that's at least an extra 60 damage. It just overshadows Convection by far too much. Just the extra damage on living bomb makes it better, especially since he can cast them mana free (unlike Flame Strike) and get healed while doing it.

And to the point: I hope this shifts Convection to a better place, but I probably won't ever use it just because you can lose the stacks.
Only before the 20 hits stack point then it's permanent.
Also you've got to look at what you're facing before you instantly write off Convection. If the enemy team is melee heavy you can completely ruin them by easily finishing the mini quest.
I've literally finished that quest before first curse in a match where I faced a triple lane of Mura, Illi and Kara who really didn't appreciate how easy they made it for me most of the time just tanking the damage.
They were probably thinking the whole time 'yea that really isn't worrying us', while I'm sat there thinking 'you'll regret that later'...