10+ Year Old Account

Trying to install the game and get this error message and cant post on tech forums

I have been trying to install the game for about 4-5 hours now and it keeps giving me an error message saying unable to download. I've probably logged in 20-25 times now and still have another 100 minutes to go? Really about to give up....

It says "Unable to download patch files. [30413] [25008] [20495]"

Are there other ways to download this game other than thru the client?

I tried to go and post on the tech forums but receive this message (which is actually entertaining)

Since the valid character data is not present on your Square Enix Account, you are not allowed to log in to the forums.

Even if the monthly fee is paid and a valid content ID is available, a valid character data needs to be present. Once the character is created, you will be eligible to log in to the forums. However, it may take some time until the character data is reflected to the system.

Blocking out any new player by not letting someone having issues install post on the tech forums.

Quick edit - i've tried running as adminstrator, i've reset router and modem, i've tried flushing dns, i've restarted my cpu.

Any other suggestions?

googled "ffxiv download patches" and these 2 were top results....

i would start reading those and trying everything people have said

https://steamcommunity.com/app/39210...2511364396584/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...s_30413_20496/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah everything I read is about changing DNS and shit like that... I'm not doing all this technical stuff to install a computer game.

Last try logging in and trying it. Once it crashes won't try again.

Might as well delete this thread.

Well can say I tried. Day off work, been trying to install for 6 hours now. *Throws in towel*

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after my rage post it installed all the way after that last log in lol

This is still an issue in 2017, probably the same patch files.

It was the problem with me until I tunnelbear'd around it.
    Now about 6 months later my son's trying it...same issue.

Seriously, what sort of company doesn't give a crap that its 'try & see if you enjoy our game!' demo fails on install?

EDIT: Oh, I and tried to copy over my install to his, it doesn't accept it - says it needs a license key. FU Square-Enix.
    -Styopa

I had to change my DNS to get it to work, and it did. I was also REALLY annoyed that I had to do that, and it's pretty terrible that they haven't fixed it or at the least developed a support article on their site detailing a workaround in laymans terms for others who may not be as technically inclined.

Well, this is the reason why I'm not playing this game.

Having this issue with the PS4, have tried many things and done with it. They won't be getting my sub.
    As hubby puts it: they're fucktards for not being able to make this work for everyone.

I completely agree. There are many other games to play.