Front page topic: Would you play on a pristine realm? (poll)

When posting such things on the front page, please add some nuance to the voting.

It is a yes and no poll. Which is like: "Would like you like to play on the pristine as proposed in that blue post?"

Because fuck no I wouldn't if that would be it.
    But saying no isn't that I don't agree with Pristine Servers. I just want it different from what Blizzard is proposing.

If I said yes it would be as if I agree with the fact that what they propose would be exactly that. Which I am not ok with.

But if I said no, I would be saying that I "like" the current way of things. Which is also very much untrue.

Deleted
    It is not what I want (legacy server), but I will play on it because there will be the possibility of building up a decent community again.

But if I said no, I would be saying that I "like" the current way of things. Which is also very much untrue.
    This isn't even implied, I'm not sure how you got this.

Anyone can vote. You don't need an active sub or anything. If you wouldn't play the pristine server as proposed you vote no, and then since you've made it anyway use this thread (or ideally one of the other established ones) to mention what you'd want from a pristine realm to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless they removed catchup mechanics too.

It's pointless to make the leveling slower when the endgame is going to be almost exactly the same for Casuals/non-mythic players, basically skip skip skip, boost boost boost, free free free and zerg zerg zerg.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    no. this is 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I see no point in it in its current suggested form.

They'd need to do a hell of a lot more to it than that to please the crowd they're aiming for.

Sure all that stuff 'hardcore' players hate is gone. But you'd still oneshot the mobs, even without heirlooms, due to the way game mechanics have progressed.

It's a step in the right direction, but still a little watered down for my taste.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I'd play then but they would have to be vastly different from what they are suggesting. They also would NOT be a legacy server replacement in my eyes, just a new type of normal server.

Their suggestions would still leave the game with 3~ days of replayability (from level 1 to end boss) and would leave virtually no interaction or danger in the world.

We would need things changed such as:
    -World group content

-Roaming elites/elite zones

-reasons to group, not reasons to avoid people while leveling

-Challenging normal world content (Basically up damage of mobs, up hp, lower player survivability)

-One raid difficulty, which means restructuring all ilvls and tiers. This would be a mythic level difficulty. Two difficulties could be argued maybe, but they would both need to be challenging.

-Less power creep on gear, which again requires tons of restructuring. I don't want to multiply my dps 5x over in a tier. This also would be required with above point, or you'd jump massively between each piece because of the lack of in-between difficulties. In the end, the two realms would become vastly different gear levels if you wiped difficulties, which I can only imagine would be required if you wanted people who like challenges to play on this realm.

-DK/DH starting zones would probably have to be rescaled to level 1, otherwise their populations would be way too high compared to other classes.

-All the account wide tabs and inventories would have to be rethought, otherwise we'll still only have trouble on the first character. Although these could stay and I don't think it would be that big of an impact.

-Catch up mechanisms should probably be gone, arguable either way but they honestly don't help the longevity of the game. At least tone them way down. Like tanaan would've given BRF lfr/normal level with the single difficulty still being better gear, to give you a reason to keep running it.

Just copying live and removing certain features won't be a good or long lasting new type of server. They'll just be annoying to play on. Those who want something like their pristine server idea are going to want something truly hardcore, and that is going to take a lot more work than just disabling some features.

I just think they would have to put way more work into a pristine server than it's worth. Definitely more than a legacy server would take. They'd have to maintain it too, and every new feature for the main game would have to be compatible on these as well.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2016-04-26 at 10:19 AM.

The DK/DH starting zone could be left as is they would just have to make a requirement to already have a character of that classes starting level on the server

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only do we have a poll, but we already have 3 threads on this subject.