Deleted

My stampede pet does ALWAYS less damage than others

So there's something that is bothering me. When i compare my stampede damage vs other hunters, mine is ALWAYS lower. It's not bad rng because it's ALWAYS like that. I'm not talking about using it under different circumstances... we all use it at the same time, yet others always do 1.3/1.5 mil mine does 700/900k tops.
    You can check these logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=86
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=43
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=89

That is from zakuun but if you check logs from other bosses you see it's always like that... zakuun or xhul or archi or manno mythic, doesnt change anything at all, they do more. All 3 hunters are about in the same level range (me 741 others 742.5 738) and even the lower level hunter does more dmg with stampede.
    I tried any kind of rotation on pull (aim aim chimera rf stampede / stampede rf aim aim chimera / antying else) and the result is always the same.

Why? I use lonewolf and have glyph of stamped (but even other hunter has it) and only have 3 pets tamed (i even tried remoing the dragonhawk thinking it might just suck, and used cat, same result with cat tho).

Anyone have any idea why this happens? No one I've asked to seems to know.

Deleted
    Well, I kinda figured it out, but I still dont understand it.
    When I wrote the earlier post I only had 3 pets tamed (dragonhawk+2 cats). Someone suggested me to get 5 pets, and it worked.
    I did SEVERAL tests with another friend hunter with same gear on garrison dummies (always without glyph on stampede).
    When I had only a cat tamed, stampede would summon 5 cats, but do only abouy 360-380k dmg vs my friend doing 550-580k.
    When I had 5 pets tamed (like cat+bird+3 raptor), both me and my friend did exactly a total of 550-580k dmg.
    I abandoned 4 pets and then took them back few times and every time I've had the same results so it's not just bad luck, it's a pattern.
    I really dont understand why it happens tho.

If you don't have many pets, why would you expect it to do as much damage? I always assumed I should have a full stable of pets for using Stampede. The only time I drop one off at the stable is when I'm planning to tame a new one.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-04-25 at 07:39 AM. Reason: correcting mistake

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    If you don't have many pets, why would you expect it to do as much damage? I always assumed I should have a full stable of pets for using Stampede. The only time I drop one off at the stable is when I'm planning to tame a new one.
    Because even if you have only one tamed pet, stampede does spawn 5 pets. If it only spawned one I would agree with you. It doesnt make sense tho that if you have 5 tamed pets it spawns 5 pets and do full damage while if you only have 1 tamed pet it spawns still 5 but they do less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Because even if you have only one tamed pet, stampede does spawn 5 pets. If it only spawned one I would agree with you. It doesnt make sense tho that if you have 5 tamed pets it spawns 5 pets and do full damage while if you only have 1 tamed pet it spawns still 5 but they do less damage.
    Ah ok, fair enough. Idk then; I've always made sure to have 5 pets.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You can use the minor glyph that "copies" your current pet (or last summoned pet if you are using Lone Wolf), so you will always summon 5 pets.

Deleted
    Are some of your pets not tenacity specced ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya having a full stable should be irrelevant. I'd bubble that one up to blizzard... tweet them though... you're more likely to get an actual response.

I have no idea if this is the case, but I'd reckon that although it visually appears to be copying your pets as the glyph would, it's strictly intended to "make up" for your lack of pets with a mere visual effect. Without the glyph, you need a full set of pets. With the glyph, you only need one. This is, I believe, the same reason you shouldn't have an exotic pet in one of your slots as MM (without glyph) or the first slot (with glyph).