New build for legion and more

hi guys,

I've been reading and checking around what could be my possible best build with my 1200-1300$can budget and i'm still having some problem getting everything under that price
    I only need the tower, so no monitor, keyboard etc

As of right now the only part i think i realy want are those:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card

Maybe the 6600k but im still not sure
    and i can't decide myself with which case i want. I want to be as small as possible and without windows, light, etc
    One of my favorite case right now is the Carbide 540

Thanks

Budget : around 1200 but if i have enough patience i might to 1500

Games / Settings Desired: Playing WoW, BF4, overwatch, dark souls
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) Nothing special, only need a gaming rig
    Parts that can be reused: None
    Do you need an OS? No
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No
    Last edited by Thunderpawz; 2016-04-26 at 04:25 PM.

Went with a nice white/black aesthetic. Also a 970 is not the best choice for a graphics card atm due to A-sync support and limited V-Ram. You're better off with a 390 or waiting for the new cards Pascal or Polaris to be released around June.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.98 @ DirectCanada)
    CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ NCIX)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($186.18 @ Amazon Canada)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($89.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.98 @ DirectCanada)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.35 @ Vuugo)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card ($416.25 @ Vuugo)
    Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case ($159.98 @ NCIX)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Total: $1476.69
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-27 08:38 EDT-0400

Thanks for your reply, i will check this out and see what i will do, i think the best would be to be a little more patient

i always had an nvidia but i read some review about radeon getting back in the game, i guess i will have to put my personal opinion away :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpawz View Post
    Thanks for your reply, i will check this out and see what i will do, i think the best would be to be a little more patient

i always had an nvidia but i read some review about radeon getting back in the game, i guess i will have to put my personal opinion away :P
    I am a big fan of nVidia normally as well. However, current nVidia cards do not even have the hardware to support ASync Compute. They are very well optimized for DX11 which is serial, but have no way to handle parallel workloads. The current AMD cards have enough brute force to simply handle DX11 as well as nVidia who got there through optimization -and- will function much better with DX12. It's a no brainer if you need something right now to go with AMD. However, if you wait for the new cards, nVidia will likely be a good choice again.

Hi again guys

I have checked a lot of things lately and i still can't decide about my motherboard. Anyone can tell me the difference between all the z170 motherboard out there, im pretty close to order my stuff and i just want to double check everything

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpawz View Post
    Hi again guys

I have checked a lot of things lately and i still can't decide about my motherboard. Anyone can tell me the difference between all the z170 motherboard out there, im pretty close to order my stuff and i just want to double check everything
    Really, the more expensive motherboard just offer features you'll likely never even use. Just make sure you get a good brand like Gigabyte, ASUS or ASRock and you'll be fine as long as it's Z170. Unless you need SLI or Crossfire support, which I normally recommend against anyway, the more expensive boards don't offer much.