Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Realm Bounty Hunter Addon

Realm Bounty Hunter is a WPvP addon that allows players to place gold bounties on other player characters. Bounty lists are shared with other RBH users on the realm via public, private, or guild channels.

I am developing this addon and I'm looking for beta testers. You can get the addon from Curse: Realm Bounty Hunter. Feel free to discuss the addon on this forum or contact me in game at Azmadi#1240. If you would like to report a bug or suggest a new feature, please create a ticket using the Curse bug tracker.

The image above shows the bounty list panel of the addon. Each row is a bounty placed by a player. The columns list the bounty's faction, target name, status and amount. The status is indicated by one of three icons: gold coins, skull and crossbones or bags.

The gold coins means the bounty is open and can be claimed by the the first person to kill the bounty target. The skull means the bounty has been claimed. To see who claimed it, hover the mouse over the bounty and it will tell you in the tooltip. The tooltip also tells you who issued the bounty. The bags icon indicates the bounty has been paid. Once the bounty claimer has been paid by the issuer, only the claimer can set the bounty to paid by pressing the Bounty Paid button.

The gold on the bottom of the panel is your Realm Bounty Hunter balance. This represents the amount of gold available to you for placing bounties. It is equal to your current gold minus the value of all unpaid bounties you have issued.

Happy Hunting!
    Last edited by Azinath; 2016-06-09 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added screenshot image

Deleted
    This actually looks really cool, could have great fun with this and guild events.. Some questions:
    Can you put a bounty on yourself?
    Could you see if there's a bounty on you? If so who by/ can you pay it off?
    Once the target is killed is the gold paid straight away and then delisted?

I can imagine great bounty sums from two people trying to bounty eachother
    Only concer is there would be out cry at this from pve-ers, so only ones with the addon probably should be allowed to be listed. (wouldn't be as fun but more fair for the noobs)

Defo trying this out tomorrow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Update ~~~~~~~~~~~

Tried it out for a few hours (started some Guild v Guild because of it ) Feed back:

-Payment wise I know it would be a bit beyond reach to set up some means of auto payment so I suggest once a target has been marked as claimed the player who listed it can't delete it until payment has been confirmed. Else the bounty is de-listed after some time. This way other bounty hunters can see who pays and who doesn't

-Notifications in chat or on the map icon for new listed bounties and when one of yours has been claimed (options to turn each of these off of-course)

-Exposure to get this fully working outside of guilds (or even implemented in game) would need to get many people using it. So we need youtubers and streamers like Bajheera, Asmongold, Heels v Babyface, Bellular, Ragtagg etc to make videos one it!

-Disable the ability to claim your own bounties, and to place them on NPCs other cause that doesn't pick up other player's kills

Anyway I added you on btag (not sure if you're US/EU) hoping this takes off. It could start serious trouble and bring a reason for World PvP
    Last edited by mmoc5eb8fe6f4e; 2016-04-30 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Update

This sounds awesome, but couldn't it get shut down by Blizzard due to the possibility of abuse for griefing? Since someone could put bounties on the same person over and over and get the entire server or entire userbase of the addon going after them over and over, to try and push them off the server or out of the game?

Deleted
    So I made a guide for RBH, since it took a while to figure out and there's none yet. This is my first one like this so apologies for the shoddiness of it but all credit to Azinath for making the addon

I uploaded v0.1.5 last night. This rev prevents players from deleting claimed bounties. It also adds a new slash command: /rbh bounty bg <amount in copper>. This will place a bounty on every enemy player in a battleground for <amount in copper>. You have to open the battleground score board window first for this to work properly. I thought this might be useful in testing, maybe even fun for some guild BG events or something.

Deleted
    Yeah saw it on the updates, cool. Does it take much time for you to modify?

Dude this idea is amazing! Try advertising it as much as possible, the more people download it the more fun it'll be.

This idea is so good that it should be implemented as baseline in the game, at least for pvp servers.

Yeh, this def should be as a core part of the game, this will make wPvP much more fun. Great idea mate, gj.

I think this could make almost entirely its own endgame content for me. I mean I could just about literally spend the entirety of all my time playing WoW doing this. They should make this a core feature - maybe mix it with their new world quest thing since there are PVP quests in it anyway.

Pretty amazing addon. Didn't know I needed it until you made it but now its an essential if you can get it more widespread

This sounds awesome! Gonna try it out tonight!

Great idea man, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    Anyway I added you on btag (not sure if you're US/EU) hoping this takes off. It could start serious trouble and bring a reason for World PvP
    I'm on the US servers. Thanks for all the feedback! Be sure to update to v0.1.7. This fixes the annoying spam you get when players go offline while RBH is sending them addon messages.
    Last edited by Azinath; 2016-05-18 at 02:46 PM.

So while this looks very cool in concept, I can see some tremendous potential for abuse and harrassment/griefing.

Is it possible that you could only place bounties on other people with the addon, so it's acknowledged that they 'want to play'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    So while this looks very cool in concept, I can see some tremendous potential for abuse and harrassment/griefing.

Is it possible that you could only place bounties on other people with the addon, so it's acknowledged that they 'want to play'?
    Blizzard has policies and methods for handling harassment and griefing. If someone feels they are being harassed they can speak with a GM. It's technically possible to only allow placing bounties on other players that are using the addon, but I would never implement that. IMHO logging into a PvP server is acknowledgement enough that they 'want to play'.

Deleted
    I'm betting 100 people will have bounties on them and only 3 will be online.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    I'm betting 100 people will have bounties on them and only 3 will be online.
    That's what the intel feature is for. Coming soon!

Download version 0.1.9 and test out the new Bounty Reject settings. These can be found on the Config panel. They allow you to reject incoming bounties based on faction, min amount and max age. When you reload the UI any bounties that would be rejected are removed from your list. Let me know if you find any bugs. Thanks for testing!

I added a screenshot and a brief description to the OP.
    Author of the Realm Bounty Hunter addon.

Deleted
    Wow, I love the idea of it! Definitely gonna try it out soon!