Poll: Best timeperiod for WoW?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    TBC/WoTLK. Arguably the golden era of WoW PvP (...minus dk season 5) as well as very crisp and memorable zones, raids.
    Gladiator Underbyte

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lmfao, no. Delusion at it's finest.

5.0 = dailies yes, and those dailies had people out in the world doing stuff, Tiller's was also added this patch. The OPPOSITE of Dailies = what we got in WoD, meaning fill-the-bar and grind mob objectives...
    5.1 = Krasarang Wilds, which again had people out in the world doing stuff and also sparked tons of WPVP on my then server.
    5.2 = Isle of Thunder, again having people out in the world doing stuff and to many the best patch in the history of the game.
    5.3 = Battlefield Barrens which, although weak in terms of rehashed settings, had tons of people out in the world doing stuff.
    5.4 = Siege of Orgrimmar, with Timeless Isle keeping people busy along with all the rest of the content added throughout the expansion. There's a reason for why 14 months of SoO had such staying power.

Add to that the other content added in Mists, with Challenge Modes, LFR that wasn't a joke, amazing raids, Scenarios, Proving Grounds, Brawler's Guild, Pet Battles...yeah, claiming that MoP had objectively less content than WoD, is fucking retarded. You may not have LIKED the content personally for whatever reason, but millions of people sure as fuck did.

By staying power you mean people vomiting SoO and complaining on forums that MoP is worst expansion ever ? Just google it:

https://www.google.pl/webhp?sourceid...pansion%20ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Underbyte View Post
    TBC/WoTLK. Arguably the golden era of WoW PvP (...minus dk season 5) as well as very crisp and memorable zones, raids.
    That is again nostalgia BS. SL-SL Lock that was fun yes ? TBC reto druid arena was fun yes ? Paladin holy damage divine storm in WOTLK was fun yes ? This list is endless it was shit and if your class was OP eg. Warrior Bladestorm with sweeping strikes bug or you were a DK you simply powered through Arena.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    From Vanilla till end of TBC, second would be Ulduar times and third 1st month of Cata.
    Ulduar was the best raid ever made in this game. It was worth every wipe and was fun until release of Cata, the only raid tier ever being relevant for so long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    MoP was the best time I ever had in this game. Plenty of everything to do for everyone from top-tier raiders down to the most casual of casuals.
    +1

I understand that we all have our favourite expansions but the amount of hype that wotlk gets in these threads is just breathtaking.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    So this entirely proves my points is mute... Where's your proof btw?

And what i was saying was that 'THE MAJORITY' of people started in Wrath, not Everyone... Derp
    Here you go. You don't have to believe it, but whatever.

As to your theory that the majority of people who have stuck around joined in Wrath, I find it not so likely, but also impossible to prove without actual metrics. Your claims that it must be the case doesn't really prove anything, except that it's your opinion on the matter.

Oh, and that you're mature enough to still use the term 'Wrath/Cata/MoP/whatever babies'.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2016-05-08 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    By staying power you mean people vomiting SoO and complaining on forums that MoP is worst expansion ever ? Just google it:

I don't need to google it, I KNOW that people bitch and whine no matter what...people said the same about TBC, WOTLK, Cata...hell I'm willing to bet a fair amount of people said "worst mmorpg ever!!" upon trying it in Classic...

Sub numbers still remained pretty damned stable through 14 months of SoO though, which can be credited to how strong the expansion had been. Just makes it so much worse how they not only dropped the ball with WoD, but also "accidentally" sat on it so that it would take ages to reinflate...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-08 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    That is again nostalgia BS. SL-SL Lock that was fun yes ? TBC reto druid arena was fun yes ? Paladin holy damage divine storm in WOTLK was fun yes ? This list is endless it was shit and if your class was OP eg. Warrior Bladestorm with sweeping strikes bug or you were a DK you simply powered through Arena.

- - - Updated - - -
    Most classes were viable during WoTLK, less so during BC. I will give you that; however, with the new advent of arenas, class tuning to the kind of degree we that we see today was just unrealistic. The arena representation numbers speak for themselves--this period far outdoes any other in WoW's history.
    Gladiator Underbyte

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    Panadas - uh... it was pandas... jokes aside fun story, fun raids but waaaay too easy
    just give me your armory link pls

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Here you go. You don't have to believe it, but whatever.

As to your theory that the majority of people who have stuck around joined in Wrath, I find it not so likely, but also impossible to prove without actual metrics. Your claims that it must be the case doesn't really prove anything, except that it's your opinion on the matter.

Oh, and that you're mature enough to still use the term 'Wrath/Cata/MoP/whatever babies'.
    Jebus fucking Raptor Christ and Muhammed Rex are you people farm animals...

Majority of... wait for it.... wait for it.... wait for it.... WAIT FOR IT..... MMO CHAMPION posters, are Wrath babies.

Not talking about wow, not talking about wow forums, not talking about Dora the Explorer, you adhd muda fukers, i am talking about this forum. Learn to read bruv

Deleted
    I love how people say wrath was the pinnacle, even though naxx was shit, dungeons were simple, pvp was alright. Ulduar was a good raid without anything in the open world related, toc was crap the dailies are hated even nowadays. And toc is considered one of the worst raids ever made. Reps were nothing more than ''wear this tabard and run some dungeons''. ICC up until 25man hc and even then only the lich king was an actual challenge most other bosses were pretty simple. I see no reason why wrath was praised.

I started in early wrath so no it's not cus i didn't start there, i actually know what it was like, i was a pvper and i literally had nothing to do apart from standing on the fence near the inn. The nostalgia is so fucking real in this thread. Also ''top class mechanics'' ret paladin could literally put their ''rotation'' in a macro.

Let's talk about the content outside of raiding in wrath, there was basically none, it had some dailies that were boring as hell and nobody liked doing them. Like i already said you could do reps through doing simple dungeons that required no brain, and professions were alright. That's it, you had boring reps and dailies that nobody liked, and some professions that required not much time. PvE wise, most of the raids were boring and 1 was an entire rehash from vanilla.

But let's also remember the amazing threads saying how terrible the expansion was an it was the end of wow. There were loads of threads about how all you did was sit in orgrimmar or in goldshire. The orgrimmar bank was remembered so fondly because of that, all you did was run around on the roof cus there was 0 content outside of raiding. You people are so triggering, you guys hate on cata, even though it had better questing, progressive daily hubs, and an extra profession + more difficult raids/dungeons. What the hell. Stop being so ridiculously nostalgic it triggers me on so many levels by now.

WotLK and questing in grizzly hills with that awesome music and dungeons; like halls of reflection, that could be frustrating but so rewarding and immersive. blizzard made something amazing and walked away thinking they were done. they let the junior varsity take over and it has been on the decline ever since. RIP WoW

TBC for me. My server was lively and competitive.

Late BC / early WOTLK.

Everything started to go downhill with patch 3.2

wrath & mop.

lol at the 12 trolls voting WoD, opinions are opinions, but sometimes you need to know your opinion is stupid and wrong, and wod is wrong for so many reasons, or maybe you've been playing wow all along hoping it would be like a facebook game........

Highest potential of fun: TBC
    Putting together or finding a group for stuff wasn't fun, but once you got to where you were going, it was super fun. Lived and breathed in AV premades and Kara pugs

Highest Average fun: WoLK
    About 80% as fun as TBC, but you could do more stuff. Killing Arthas was an immensely satisfying experience

The difference between TBC and WoLK is like waiting 2 hrs to ride the biggest roller coaster at the park, vs using those 2 hrs to ride 3 smaller, but still pretty fun, roller coasters.

Highest Single moment of fun: Throne of Thunder
    I believe that lei shen is the single greatest boss fight in the history of the game. Monk healing was absurdly fun.

From a top-tier raiding perspective strictly (as in, raiding and AH goblin is all I do), I honestly can't pick Vanilla, TBC, WotLK or Cata (only up til HRag kill, pre-nerf) as they all were top-notch imo. I unsubbed the day after DS came out and while I bought MoP and WoD I never was able to get the hooks set back in me again. I just recently came back and Legion is SOUNDING like it could set the hooks in me again, but we'll have to see how that rolls.

As for the whole casual discussion (in general, not in this thread) I'm torn on it. I see the business side of why LFG was needed and while the intent (allow people on low pop realms to be able to actually "play") was there I believe, the execution (allow you to literally stand in everything on the ground, have half the group do 2k DPS) was terrible. The fact of the matter is, top-tier raiding does bring in money/attention for Blizzard, but again I see the need to have 98% of your subscribers having "things to do" (as in the difficulty being dumbed down) too though. There's nothing "wrong" with players who can only complete Normal. That's the largest demo that's bringing money in. Now, the players who (again back when I raided last) join groups and have nothing enchanted, nothing gemmed and when you (politely) try giving them tips on how to do more than 3k DPS told you "stfu r u paying my sub?"... yea, those people can go die in a fire.
    Last edited by alturic; 2016-05-09 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    MoP being too easy? How? Did you clear all the raids on heroic (mythic for SoO)? Did you clear the entire Brawler's Guild? Did you clear all the Challenge Modes? Did you hit Gladiator?
    I dont have to we cleared it in LFR so why bother to do same content on just higher difficulty?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very subjective really.

The time with the thrill of discovery that most of us were most willing to throw vast amounts of grindy effort at something and work with other people towards common goals without any hand-holding? Definitely Vanilla.

Best time for the game's overall health? Without question TBC/WotLK.

The best time in the last 6-7 years? Definitely MoP from launch until the SoO rot set in. That's the only time I've felt that the current crop of clowns actually gave enough of a shit to make the game world a rich and lived-in place with stuff to do.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    I dont have to we cleared it in LFR so why bother to do same content on just higher difficulty?
    Because difficulty increase turns "content" that you thought you'd seen into entirely new content