Deleted

Graphene condoms

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...aphene-condoms

Whatcha think? Not that i would ever get to use one but it still seems like a really cool gadget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like there are a lot better uses for our currently very limited supply of graphene.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

"It's almost like you're not wearing a condom at all"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaeRM7X_yS4

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat. I'd rather see research into electronics, vehicles and infrastructure with graphene, but this is pretty good too.

I'd be half tempted to buy them as emergency water filters. our water pump is electricity run, so whenever we lose electricity (which happens several times a year) - we lose all acess to water other then whatever we have previously stored up. the plus side - there are several natural water sources near our home. the drawback is that those water sources are not exactly... clean. sure, i can use other means to filter that water, but.. this seems faster, not to mention safer.

of course... given that graphene research for water filtration has been already ongoing, while condoms seems like a new thing - there is a chance that actual filters will show up before condoms. then again... given how much we are obsessed with sex vs water crisis... condoms may indeed show up on a market first... AND be more affordable, so...

Cool, I guess. But I hate condoms. No use for them personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome, can't wait to see how it turns out.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk about applications in condoms, doesn't seem very feasible but I'm all for more breakthroughs in that department. Condoms really blow
    Last edited by Dug; 2016-04-28 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Seems like there are a lot better uses for our currently very limited supply of graphene.
    Like superhydrophobic graphene aerogel coating for water skis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Like superhydrophobic graphene aerogel coating for water skis?
    ...sure.

I was thinking more about supercapacitors and other electronic equipment though. That one super strong lightweight structures for things like airplanes and cars.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    "A San Diego team that’s working on a condom that’s imbued with collagen fibrils, harvested from cow tendons, for a “more natural sensation.” Damn them cow tendons feel good.

Also, will they have bills head on them? That's the last thing I want to see when I pull out a condom.

Those polyurethane condoms that came out a few years ago seemed a lot better than latex from what I recall.

I never much liked condoms though and considered it one of the huge perks to partnering off that I didn't need to fuss about it anymore.

I've always wondered how much ass Bill Gates gets. I suppose that this indicates the answer is, "enough to warrant investing in his own state-of-the-art line of condoms".

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    "A San Diego team that’s working on a condom that’s imbued with collagen fibrils, harvested from cow tendons, for a “more natural sensation.” Damn them cow tendons feel good.

Also, will they have bills head on them? That's the last thing I want to see when I pull out a condom.
    Would be better it was bill gates doing the thumbs up!