Page 1 of 2
LastLast

glyph of shadow in legion?

will we have this option? i know glyphs are becoming books...so far in the alpha i have not seen anyone using the glyph of shadow affect. i really prefer the lighter version of shadow form so i can see my transmog. if we're forced to be perma-dark purple it may deter me from maining my spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    if we're forced to be perma-dark purple it may deter me from maining my spriest.
    Little drastic no? I mean, I know everyone is entitled to play whatever and whatnot, but not maining your Spriest because of Mog? I mean...yeeeeeah.

Sig made by @winter blossoms

The glyph of shadow is on 24/7 while out of combat. As you gain insanity, you get darker until full void form + tentacles + particle effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the very least I'd like to see some explanation as to why they aren't maintaining some of these customizable options.

I mean I agree that if its your fav class, seems a little silly to drop it altogether. On the other hand, I personally find the look and feel of the character as a whole from type of weapon, to spells really does matter quite a bit.

For some people its being pigeon holed into a weapon type they NEVER use. For others its a spell/glyph. It sounds ridiculous but it is what we see 100% of the time. For some people it either keeps us immersed, or pulls us out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolbolas View Post
    Little drastic no? I mean, I know everyone is entitled to play whatever and whatnot, but not maining your Spriest because of Mog? I mean...yeeeeeah.
    I'm already on the fence about going Lock or Boomie..I'm pretty unhappy with being forced to use a dagger the entire expansion after I busted my butt to get all the CM's done so I could have the mogs ready to go for Legion...I'm also a bit upset about the loss of Devouring Plague..so that's certainly not the sole reason..Spriests changes are looking very nice but I'm very visual (aside from Voidform, we really haven't received any animation updates)..cosmetics are probably the most important thing to me outside of the class being fun

I'm also guessing we lost our wings since DP is going away..this also upsets me
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2016-04-27 at 10:46 PM.

I want the ability to turn my mounts shadowy to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I want the ability to turn my mounts shadowy to stay.
    I came here only to find out if there's any news on mounts aas well as pets remaining shadowy after glyphs are removed in Legion. I would be so sad and disappointed if they removed this option. They can take shadow ravens, or sha-looking shadowfiend, but this should remain available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    I came here only to find out if there's any news on mounts aas well as pets remaining shadowy after glyphs are removed in Legion. I would be so sad and disappointed if they removed this option. They can take shadow ravens, or sha-looking shadowfiend, but this should remain available.
    I really hope shadow mounts stay, I got a bunch of mounts just because of how they look in shadowform.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

Glyph of Shadow's text was updated on Wowhead to reflect Legion-- it says it makes your 'natural shadowy form' less translucent. It's also mutually exclusive with the shadowy mounts glyph.

Blizzard is making a lot more of the cosmetic Glyphs, so I highly suspect Glyph of Shadow will still be there. Perhaps it is not yet implemented in the Beta because it is a "new" system (removing the Glyph tab, adding more Glyphs, removing the restriction of three Major and three Minor Glyphs, and adding a new restriction of only one Glyph can affect a single spell at a time)? I am sure it will be there by launch date.

Not a fan of it my self

Deleted
    Anyone still wondering about this? If so: yes, Glyph of Shadow exists, it makes you less transparent. Glyph of Shadowy Friends makes your mounts and pets... well, shadowy. You can't have both active at the same time.
    I've only tested the mounts, and it's pretty neat. They're a bit darker at 0 insanity and almost completely black (well, some are invisible) at 100. Voidform only works for transforming mounts right now, seems bugged for normal mounts.
    I haven't played much priest in WoD, so I don't know whether this gradient exists on live or it's something new, but I could barely stop myself from going through all my mounts. Could make a few screenshots or maybe a video later if anyone's still interested.

I didn't know that it changed with the amount of Insanity you have. I'm curious have you mounted up while in high stacks of voidform?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I didn't know that it changed with the amount of Insanity you have. I'm curious have you mounted up while in high stacks of voidform?
    Yeah, you can actually activate voidform while mounted. I went ahead and made a little demonstration:

And another one for Glyph of Shadows:

Seems like the only thing that changes is the "darkening" while gaining insanity when out of voidform. Might not be final of course.

I little legacy behind-the-scenes lore, Shadowform in Warcraft 3 & World of Warcraft was inspired by a robe from Everquest that had no texturing, and instead would just be a total black void.

Deleted
    That's actually a really interesting fun fact!

Deleted
    So Rest In Peace - Shadow Form 2004-2016

There seems to be hardly any different between 0 insanity with and without the glyph.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    I'm already on the fence about going Lock or Boomie..I'm pretty unhappy with being forced to use a dagger the entire expansion after I busted my butt to get all the CM's done so I could have the mogs ready to go for Legion...I'm also a bit upset about the loss of Devouring Plague..so that's certainly not the sole reason..Spriests changes are looking very nice but I'm very visual (aside from Voidform, we really haven't received any animation updates)..cosmetics are probably the most important thing to me outside of the class being fun

I'm also guessing we lost our wings since DP is going away..this also upsets me
    Devouring Plague was baked into Vampiric Touch. The wings I loved but I got over it. Also you're not being forced to use a dagger the entire xpac. You can xmog it into a mace if I remember correctly. And we got visual upgrades too. Mind Sear and our artifact weapon both look pretty bad ass. But then again we didn't really have anything to update other than Mind Sear & Mind Flay. We did however get new animations for our class in the form of Void Form. That looks sooooooooo sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You can xmog it into a mace if I remember correctly.
    Daggers can only be mogged into daggers since they use different animations (same as fist weapons).

Can you get glyphs on the PTR? If yes, where?