Deleted

Mage (WF vs Socket)

Hello fellas!

Sorry if this have already been brought up and no I don't understand how to use spreadsheet, I'm a bit dumb for that. So here goes my question

Socket vs Warforged items, I got 1 Mythic WF Chest and 1 with just socket and same with Waist from Archi 1 with socket and 1 with warforged stats

Which would be better? Int vs Extra Gem, since I can reach the haste cap, but I can still reach it by gemming Haste instead of Mastery of those I got on my other gear

So please if anyone knows this, I would be happy to get some answers =)

May the force be with you fellas! <3

Deleted
    It's counter-intuitive to tell by just thinking about it but simulations give a clear view. In most cases, all else being equal socket is better than worforged, for regular pieces. For weapons and trinkets I expect that warforged often wins because spell power on weapons is the most important factor on them and trinkets often have powerful effects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It's counter-intuitive to tell by just thinking about it but simulations give a clear view. In most cases, all else being equal socket is better than worforged, for regular pieces. For weapons and trinkets I expect that warforged often wins because spell power on weapons is the most important factor on them and trinkets often have powerful effects.
    And here I thought Warforged would win I was so happy when I got both warforged and really hoped it would be better with the extra int but yeah I suppose I will just stick with my socket items

Deleted
    To be honest i think it is all about simple math.
    On the major slots - head, chest, and legs i bet WF will win, because there is the highest stat budged from gear. But on the medium(waist, hands and feets) and small (rings, neck and wrist) slots the socket will win due the lower stat budged. Math it yourself and you will see.
    And yeah WF weapon and trinks beats everything. No questions there :P

Deleted
    I think even heads and legs are often better on socket. I would not be surprised if it's not always true though. I doubt anyone could say for sure with napkin math without simulations anyway.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simple answer= WF on weapons and trinkets. In ALL other cases, socket is king
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

even chest and legs, socket is slightly better. Chest and legs are usually so nominal though that you could go with wf if you don't want to buy the gem

Item level > dps

cmon guys.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Item level > dps

cmon guys.
    Generally not true. Socket>WF

Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    Generally not true. Socket>WF
    It was a joke..

Hi Sephurik