Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Triggering" Event at UnivOfMass Causes Major Triggering

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/trigg...or-triggering/

‘Triggering’ Event at U. Mass Causes Major Triggering

An event at the University of Massachusetts headlined by Milo Yiannopoulos, Christina Sommers, and Steven Crowder entitled “The Triggering” seems to have had its intended effect.

An alt-right flamethrower, a woman calling feminism “madness,” and a politically incorrect conservative comedian proved an explosive combination in this college auditorium.

By watching the video below you can see a fine example of a triggered college feminist. Huffing and puffing, yelling unintelligibly, trying desperately to focus the attention back on herself.

“Stop treating us like children,” the red-faced young woman whined, amidst a tantrum that would look familiar to any parent of a toddler — setting up Sommers like an underhand pitch to Barry Bonds.

“Then stop acting like a child.” Sommers drops the mic.

If college liberals want any of their opinions taken seriously, they might want to work on their delivery.

And there was also this pretty epic rant by Steven Crowder to top it off.

“I’m not your gender studies professor that has to cater to your trigger warning, microagression, space bullshit,” Crowder yelled. “I didn’t want to do this, I just wanted to come out here and tell a few jokes.”

The jokes, it seems, were in the audience.

Deleted
    Meh.

Can we stop use the word triggering and also the people that use it?
    Last edited by mmoce9a47a3159; 2016-04-28 at 08:20 AM.

I'm pretty tired of both sides of this argumentation. Both sides are whiny assholes who need to get over themselves.

Arrogant douche with great hair sets out to piss people off and succeeds.

This is news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

That was glorious. Nailed it.

I love how the comedian turned it around on the SJWs.

7+ Year Old Account
    According to that screeching woman's own written self-summary she is "studying radical leftist, anti-capitalist politics" and is "continuing to learn and trying to stand in solidarity with people of color and trans people".

Deleted
    Typical landwhales

Anyway, was nice to see that comedian land a bit of humiliation against that SJW in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Typical landwhales

Anyway, was nice to see that comedian land a bit of humiliation against that SJW in the crowd.

But he was doing literally the same thing as them. He just replaced "Patriarchy/racism/sexism/etc" with "leftists."

Deleted
    The future American upper class and "scientists". At least it's fun to watch it all unfold.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But he was doing literally the same thing as them. He just replaced "Patriarchy/racism/sexism/etc" with "leftists."
    Criticism based on ideology is good, criticism based on demographics is bad.

Leftists have an ideology, it isn't a demographic you are born as.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-04-28 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Criticizism based on ideology is good, criticizing based on demographics and identity politics is bad.
    Seems like an arbitrary distinction. They're both whining about the views of other people, they're both whining about what people call them. It's 2 sides of the same coin.

Leftists have an ideology, it isn't a demographic.
    "You're a fucking white male!" Sums it up

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems like an arbitrary distinction. They're both whining about the views of other people, they're both whining about what people call them. It's 2 sides of the same coin.
    How is ideology vs demographic and identity politics an "arbitrary distinction"? What people think actually matters, how they were born does not.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-04-28 at 08:26 AM.

How is ideology vs demographic and identity politics an "arbitrary distinction"? What someone thinks actually matters, how they were born does not.
    Liberals are a demographic.

Aren't these "leftists" also criticizing an ideology?

Deleted
    This all seems weird to me, first off, where i live the liberals are anything but politically left. And then there is the "trigger" thing, i have only heard about this on MMOC, i'm sure its a thing across the pond, but i have never heard anything even like it down here. Sure, there are some "rad-fems" down here too, but they are not associated with the radical left like they are in America but are rather seen as a fringe group.

Deleted
    Liberalism is an ideology. White male is not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes in politics, if you go back up to my post you'll see I added a line time-stamped before your post, where I clarified it with "demographic you are born as".

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    "You're a fucking white male!" Sums it up
    To be fair, "You're an SJW!" or "You're a feminazi" are used just as much as pejoratives by the other side.