Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Okay, if people are willing to never generalize about the the right or Republicans, I'm willing to never generalize about the left.
    "If every non-conservative alive today will stop being immature then I promise to also stop being immature." That's very mature of you.

Deleted
    Wow - that whack job probably just needed a super-sized Big Mac meal and some jelly doughnuts. She was looking a bit malnourished.

Absolutely hilarious to watch the apoplectic folks that make up the "progressive" left meltdown like that.

I guess the reverse circlejerk continues, where both sides have this secret agreement to stir shit up so both sides get the attention they want. Good job! It amused me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

lol, god... eugenics is looking like a better and better option every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Wow - that whack job probably just needed a super-sized Big Mac meal and some jelly doughnuts. She was looking a bit malnourished.

Absolutely hilarious to watch the apoplectic folks that make up the "progressive" left meltdown like that.
    With a body like at what... 20, 21?... she'll be dead by 40.

Just another group that has no idea what free speech is. So many people have become convinced that the right to express is the right to force inject their opinion into anything. It's like nobody grows up anymore, they just get bigger and remain the needy, self-serving, inconsiderate, loud, and manipulative toddler they once were.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Well we have to use leftist and liberal to describe them now, because if we use SJW we get called out in the exact way that you are doing.

All i'm getting from you is that we can't call people leftists and liberals because that lumps in people who aren't aligned with the people that criticism is leveled at, so my question to you is, what word should we use? Because we keep getting told we can't use SJW anymore.
    Are you incapable on just using names of things? Just like you say "the right" you can say "the left". Why does it have to be a degrading term? Why not just address the problems you have with something instead of calling it a name and lump it all together?

Well we have to use leftist and liberal to describe them now, because if we use SJW we get called out in the exact way that you are doing.

All i'm getting from you is that we can't call people leftists and liberals because that lumps in people who aren't aligned with the people that criticism is leveled at, so my question to you is, what word should we use? Because we keep getting told we can't use SJW anymore.
    You're moving goal posts. This debate was not about what catch-all terms are ok to use when discussing the beliefs of an entire group of people. It was pointing out that using such a catch-all term to set up a strawman or a pejorative to completely dismiss the beliefs of an entire group of people is a cop out by lazy people who aren't emotionally and intellectually mature enough to have a reasonable debate about the actual issues.

You're now asking what catch-all terms are safe to use when you're setting up your strawmen and pejoratives so you won't be criticized for using the wrong ones.

Calling someone a name as a means to avoid discussion is pointless in the end. Just ignore them. I find both sides of these issues to be tirelessly annoying.

Like the whole Tracer Overwatch incident. 1 person made a complaint and then hundreds of people came out of the woodwork to complain about that 1 person's complaint. It's just ridiculous.

Both sides are the same. Both sides get triggered and bitch.

Deleted
    That was the best thing I seen today, fucking brilliant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    "If every non-conservative alive today will stop being immature then I promise to also stop being immature." That's very mature of you.
    If a conservative is being immature or has a bad idea, feel free to create a thread about it. I won't defend a bad person or bad ideas and I respect other peoples right to free expression without wanting to silence them.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-04-28 at 09:09 AM.

If a conservative is being immature or has a bad idea, feel free to create a thread about it. I won't defend a bad person or bad ideas.
    Promise to join #NeverTrump?

If a conservative is being immature or has a bad idea, feel free to create a thread about it. I won't defend a bad person or bad ideas.
    I'm not sure you caught the point of what I posted. Your post that I replied to basically said "I reserve the right to be immature because there are people I disagree with who are also immature."

10+ Year Old Account
    It was pointing out that using such a catch-all term to set up a strawman or a pejorative to completely dismiss the beliefs of an entire group of people is a cop out by lazy people who aren't emotionally and intellectually mature enough to have a reasonable debate about the actual issues.
    When one group uses emotions in place of facts there is no "reasonable debate." This "debate" pretty much proves that with the childish behavior of some of the people in the audience.

A fine example of platform privilege. I feel for the audience he was oppressing with humor propaganda. They're just being discriminated for their inadequate education and their nincompoop identity :/

Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Promise to join #NeverTrump?
    Neither Hillary nor Trump align perfectly with most peoples view, but ultimately I have to pick someone. When it comes to specific issues, one being absolute free speech I have never defended Trump, but just because we don't agree on some things, it doesn't make him a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You know, all I can think of when I watch these videos is the incredible amounts of free time these brats have.

'Back in my day", which was all of like, 7 or 8 years ago, me and people at my university were worked like dogs due to our course load and wanting to, you know, be awesome at what we were doing so we could start a career. Nobody had time for this kind of bullshit.

I see these morons, and I think "boy, their course load needs to be a lot heavier. They need a lot more work."
    Uhh, can't do that. You'd be triggering them. Also, I'm sure soon they'll be unable to get bad grades, or behold, fail, due to trigger danger. They have a right to feel comfortable in their ignorance. Just you wait, eventually, you'll have a president sitting at a table with Putin going "Yo, Vlad.. ok if I call you Vlad? Please, stop that posturing. Our F35 Pilots are literally wetting their pants. You can't do that shit no more, man. Please, I beg you, leave us alone. No more chalk bombing! Please?"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    When one group uses emotions in place of facts there is no "reasonable debate." This "debate" pretty much proves that with the childish behavior of some of the people in the audience.
    Literally just dismissing the opinions of an entire group of people.

You criticize the "childish behavior of some people" -- I agree with this. Some people, usually the loudest ones, tend to be VERY childish. This is true on both sides. There are some people on the other side who do this shit as well. But you aren't saying everyone on the other side "uses emotions," probably because that's the side you agree with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Calling someone a name as a means to avoid discussion is pointless in the end. Just ignore them. I find both sides of these issues to be tirelessly annoying.

Like the whole Tracer Overwatch incident. 1 person made a complaint and then hundreds of people came out of the woodwork to complain about that 1 person's complaint. It's just ridiculous.

Both sides are the same. Both sides get triggered and bitch.
    Yes but they weren't doing that. They weren't trying to avoid discussion, the entire point of this panel was to bring about discussion. The left/liberals/SJW/triggered/whatevers were there to shout and scream and to stop discussion.

Both sides are not the same. One side has open panels and discussions with Q&A at the end and the other side has safe spaces and actively campaigns to have the other side banned from events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Are you incapable on just using names of things? Just like you say "the right" you can say "the left". Why does it have to be a degrading term? Why not just address the problems you have with something instead of calling it a name and lump it all together?
    Alright then, what name can I call these people that won't eventually be turned into a slur?

Cos from where i'm standing, we pick a new name every month and then eventually all we get back is "I'm going to dismiss your opinion based on the moniker you have decided to use".

- - - Updated - - -

You're moving goal posts. This debate was not about what catch-all terms are ok to use when discussing the beliefs of an entire group of people. It was pointing out that using such a catch-all term to set up a strawman or a pejorative to completely dismiss the beliefs of an entire group of people is a cop out by lazy people who aren't emotionally and intellectually mature enough to have a reasonable debate about the actual issues.

You're now asking what catch-all terms are safe to use when you're setting up your strawmen and pejoratives so you won't be criticized for using the wrong ones.
    I'm asking what terms to use so that my criticisms won't get dismissed outright by a political group that doesn't want discussion.