Needed Expert opinion on Bitdefender total security for my windows 7

Hello guys what are your thoughts on bitdefender total security application. I want to install this software on my windows 7

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good, I use it for a couple of years now and no complaints, it's light and it is also very friendly, basically you just install it and forget about it.

I think I had only once some false positive issue with it when it blocked some legitimate service, but other than that it's great.

I used Norton before that and it was hell on earth, I was literally wondering whether the main purpose of my PC was to run Norton Antivirus as it seemed to have no qualms about unceremoniously disrupting whatever I was doing with its shit, like tabbing out games to show some irrelevant crap message.

Fun part is that I sometimes wonder whether Bitdefender even works, I just dont hear anything from it and in my book that is really really good compared to some other obnoxious anti-virus programs that keep spamming you with random crap like example above.

It gives you one security report pop up once a month or so and the only annoying thing is it's wallet service suggestion which is probably great, but I turned it's invitation notification off.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot one BAD thing about it, like really bad. By default they set your subscription to auto-renew and this is not apparent at all, it's some setting hidden in your online subscription manager thing they use. Make sure to turn that shit off otherwise they will charge you automatically once your sub expires.

I caught that shit in email notification and went ahead to spam their customer service, which in the end cut some deal with me by offering a discount on charge and a free extra year, but it was far from effortless thing.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-04-28 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's good, I use it for a couple of years now and no complaints, it's light and it is also very friendly, basically you just install it and forget about it.

I think I had only once some false positive issue with it when it blocked some legitimate service here, but other than that it's great see this.

I used Norton before that and it was hell on earth, I was literally wondering whether the main purpose of my PC was to run Norton Antivirus as it seemed to have no qualms about unceremoniously disrupting whatever I was doing with its shit, like tabbing out games to show some irrelevant crap message here.

Fun part is that I sometimes wonder whether Bitdefender even works, I just dont hear anything from it and in my book that is really really good compared to some other obnoxious anti-virus programs that keep spamming you with random crap like example above.

It gives you one security report pop up once a month or so and the only annoying thing is it's wallet service suggestion which is probably great, but I turned it's invitation notification off windows professional product key.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot one BAD thing about it, like really bad. By default they set your subscription to auto-renew and this is not apparent at all, it's some setting hidden in your online subscription manager thing they use. Make sure to turn that shit off otherwise they will charge you automatically once your sub expires.

I caught that shit in email notification and went ahead to spam their customer service, which in the end cut some deal with me by offering a discount on charge and a free extra year, but it was far from effortless thing.
    Good to read your experience regarding bit defender anti virus. Antivirus should be light on resources and powerful enough to give security against threats.
    Last edited by jugni; 2016-05-14 at 06:17 PM.