Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Sweden : Leftist party invited bin Laden's mentor to immigrant city Malmö

Source: http://www.thelocal.se/20160428/gree...mentor-to-malm

A Green Party politician in Malmö has taken a break from politics after it emerged that he had invited a notorious Islamist to speak in Malmö.

The junior coalition partners recent woes continued when newspaper Sydsvenskan revealed that Kamal al-Rifai had asked a well-known Saudi Salafist, Salman al-Ouda, to give a speech in Sweden’s third largest city.

Al-Rifai, an active party member in Burlöv and a Syrian Association board member, previously told Sydsvenskan he admired the 60-year-old al-Ouda, who has renounced his earlier support for violent jihadism. "Everyone loves him," said al-Rifai, who has invited al-Ouda to speak in Malmö's central Folkets Park this Saturday.

But al-Ouda remains faithful to views that are deeply patriarchal and conservative, and has expressed an array of anti-Semitic view, the newspaper reports.

“It’s not possible to be linked to these kinds of extreme values while also being active in the Green Party,” the party’s chairman in Skåne, Fredrik Hanell, told the TT newswire.

Al-Rifai released a statement announcing his move away form politics:

"I realize now that my comments about Salman al-Ouda represent me alone and nobody else. I have not been particularly active in the party of late but will in any case take a time-out to consider my future in the party."

Phillip Halldén, an expert on the Salafist branch of Islam, describes al-Ouda as an early source of inspiration for Osama bin-Laden, the al-Qaeda terrorist believed to have been the mastermind of the September 11th 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States.

Al-Ouda condemned those attacks and now calls for a peaceful global transition to Islamic sharia law but he was greatly admired by bin-Laden before turning his back on jihad. He remains hugely influential and has 8.6 million followers on Twitter.

The Green Party finds itself in the midst of an existential crisis, with its leaders coming under increasing pressure to get the ship in order or step down.

Their recent troubles began when it emerged in mid-April that the then housing minister, Mehmet Kaplan, had kept company with Turkish extremists.

The party leaders, Gustav Fridolin and Åsa Romson, deflected the criticism, even when a clip showed up of Kaplan comparing Israel to Nazi Germany, and they continued to back the minister after he announced his resignation at a joint press conference with the prime minster, Stefan Löfven.

They were not helped by a party veteran, Per Gahrton, who was widely derided for claiming Kaplan was the victim of an Israeli smear campaign.

Romson then found herself in the eye of the storm when she referred to the 9/11 terrorist attacks at “accidents”. She later clarified to The Local what she had meant but for many, the damage was done.

More trouble loomed around the corner when a rising star in the overtly feminist party, Yasri Khan, refused to shake a female journalist’s hand. He resigned but commentators were left wondering what had happened to the sweet little junior partner in Sweden’s government.

When pictures showed up of Green Party members including Mehmet Kaplan making Muslim Brotherhood signs, with four fingers held aloft, the head of Sweden's National Defence College said he feared the Greens had been infiltrated by Islamists.

The Green Party is the junior coalition partner in a government led by the Social Democrats.

Deleted
    Correction it's not the green party that invited the islamist speaker but a MEMBER of said party. The clown party says they don't have a Islamist problem but clearly numbers speak out against them seeing as atleast 5 islamists have had to go in the last month.

Some European leftists literally want to convert the continent to Islam.

The party did not invite him though. It's one person... That no doubt has no future in politics.
    Good try though.

Deleted
    They're not a leftist party... They're more like, centrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Correction it's not the green party that invited the islamist speaker but a MEMBER of said party. The clown party says they don't have a Islamist problem but clearly numbers speak out against them seeing as atleast 5 islamists have had to go in the last month.
    Well, that party says that they are going to investigate if they are being infiltrated by islamist extremists:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/...iltration.html

So is the guy they tried to invite actually "evil" or like the rest of bin laden clan, that after all has strong relationships with the US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So is the guy they tried to invite actually "evil" or like the rest of bin laden clan, that after all has strong relationships with the US?
    He doesn't support jihadist views and such, and specifically condemned Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda for the 9/11 attack and other such actions. Calling him Bin Laden's "mentor" is pretty baseless, save in that he's a well-respected Muslim religious leader.

While I don't support all his views, I also don't support all of, say, Pope Francis' views.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He doesn't support jihadist views and such, and specifically condemned Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda for the 9/11 attack and other such actions. Calling him Bin Laden's "mentor" is pretty baseless, save in that he's a well-respected Muslim religious leader.

While I don't support all his views, I also don't support all of, say, Pope Francis' views.
    He's a salafist though and propagates for sharia.

And him being called his mentor seems to be a case of people not knowing what word to choose in translation, other papers, Swedish papers, says he was a source of inspiration for bin laden and not a mentor.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-04-28 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    You wanna know what the worst part is?

When our public service news were going to ask specific questions that could be harmful to the image of this guy, Kaplan, the leftist party tried to silence them, they didn't want the public service news channel to ask questions that would reveal too much of the truth.

When a party... IN THE GOVERNMENT... goes as far as to try to silence the media in SWEDEN... something is horribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post

When our public service news were going to ask specific questions that could be harmful to the image of this guy, Kaplan, the leftistGreen party tried to silence them, they didn't want the public service news channel to ask questions that would reveal too much of the truth.
    It's the Green party, they are center-left at best.

When a party... IN THE GOVERNMENT... goes as far as to try to silence the media in SWEDEN... something is horribly wrong.
    There's a reason why Romson's popularity has taken a nose dive, this is one of them. Though I prefer less sensationalist terms than "tried to silence".
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    It's the Green party, they are center-left at best.
    More like, centrist, with what they're actually pushing for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Pretty much.

It's very confusing to say the least.

Is this for the sake of Diversity™?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    He's a salafist though and propagates for sharia.
    As I said; I don't agree with his views, but he's not a supporter of terrorism, which was the implication. I also disagree with a lot of positions the Catholic Church has, for similar reasons.

And him being called his mentor seems to be a case of people not knowing what word to choose in translation, other papers, Swedish papers, says he was a source of inspiration for bin laden and not a mentor.
    Even then, they need to specify that his early writings were the source of inspiration, and that Al-Ouda's a staunch antagonist of jihadist views, and one who has directly and personally condemned both Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden specifically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Even then, they need to specify that his early writings were the source of inspiration, and that Al-Ouda's a staunch antagonist of jihadist views, and one who has directly and personally condemned both Al-Qaeda and Bin Laden specifically.
    Well, here's from an actual Swedish newspage about it: http://www.dn.se/nyheter/politik/usa...rstol-i-malmo/

It does say that he used to be, which means it's in the past.

In sweden it is forbidden, by law, to be a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    They are succeeding. Europe has welcomes in millions of them with open arms despite the fact that they bring rape and murder with them. Europe killed itself all in the name of "feel good feelings" and political correctness and they have people on these forums demanding that the US follow the same path. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post

When our public service news were going to ask specific questions that could be harmful to the image of this guy, Kaplan, the leftist party tried to silence them, they didn't want the public service news channel to ask questions that would reveal too much of the truth.

That's how leftists operate. Silence the opposition by screaming racist, bigot...yadda yadda yadda. Then you get your way despite the fact that it means cultural death. Europe will of been the first culture in history to voluntarily breed itself out. Good job boys...how about that cup of tea now?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Al-Ouda condemned those attacks and now calls for a peaceful global transition to Islamic sharia law but he was greatly admired by bin-Laden before turning his back on jihad. He remains hugely influential and has 8.6 million followers on Twitter.
    That quote alone is worth noting. Regardless of whether or not someone supports the Jihad movement, anyone who supports and openly demands Sharia Law be enacted on a global scale, might as well be a fucking terrorist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising, the left is infatuated with Islam and anti-West radicalization.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Not surprising, the left is infatuated with Islam and anti-West radicalization.
    And whatever you are is apparently infatuated with being illiterate.

1) The party is a centre party.

2) The party didn't invite whoever he is.

3) He isn't even Bin Ladens mentor.