Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Standard was a good idea on paper.

Except they didnt learn much from previous expansion and their new cards overbuffed a single class. Standard was supposed to be an upgrade, but its pretty much the opposite. We went from everyone playing Combo druid, Secret paladin, control warrior, freeze mage, reno lock, etc (wait lots of deck huh?). To 80% of everyone playing face shaman in ranked. Such a good expansion, the only thing its good for is doing funny stuff with yogg and zoth, which you can do even better in wild.

Standard was supposed to be competitive. Im tired of watching thrall face in every matches, wild is actually the competitive ranked it turns out.

Im starting to remember why I stopped playing Magic and Hearthstone. Do you have access to the internet? Check. Do you have money to blow on getting lots of cards? Check. Now Google 'best deck' and Congratulations on your victories.

There are like a couple dozen real geniuses out there who know how to think outside the box and create a truly devestating deck for play and then that deck gets on the intardnets and every half wit replicates it and giggles their way to victories. In Magic they sit at the table all smug like they are the smartest person in the world even though all they did was buy specific card and copy-pasta those cards into a deck then went through the process of moving things in the proper order. No ingenuity required what so ever.

When I started playing Magic the internet was not used by the majority of players and you had to actually have a brain to figure out a good tourney deck, now you just copy pasta a googled deck. GG.

I'm going to get my last 5 free decks and quit again, I don't intend to blow money on this game to get the cards to win.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Im starting to remember why I stopped playing Magic and Hearthstone. Do you have access to the internet? Check. Do you have money to blow on getting lots of cards? Check. Now Google 'best deck' and Congratulations on your victories.

There are like a couple dozen real geniuses out there who know how to think outside the box and create a truly devestating deck for play and then that deck gets on the intardnets and every half wit replicates it and giggles their way to victories. In Magic they sit at the table all smug like they are the smartest person in the world even though all they did was buy specific card and copy-pasta those cards into a deck then went through the process of moving things in the proper order. No ingenuity required what so ever.

When I started playing Magic the internet was not used by the majority of players and you had to actually have a brain to figure out a good tourney deck, now you just copy pasta a googled deck. GG.

I'm going to get my last 5 free decks and quit again, I don't intend to blow money on this game to get the cards to win.
    Everyone bought magazines that listed all the best decks. No different than net-decking now, so no, you did not have to figure out a good deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Everyone bought magazines that listed all the best decks. No different than net-decking now, so no, you did not have to figure out a good deck.
    Magic was around long before it got popular enough to warrant a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Except they didnt learn much from previous expansion and their new cards overbuffed a single class. Standard was supposed to be an upgrade, but its pretty much the opposite. We went from everyone playing Combo druid, Secret paladin, control warrior, freeze mage, reno lock, etc (wait lots of deck huh?). To 80% of everyone playing face shaman in ranked. Such a good expansion, the only thing its good for is doing funny stuff with yogg and zoth, which you can do even better in wild.
    Well, that's Blizzard for you.

Hey, let's nerf every single aggro/rush/combo deck in the game so it's a slower and funnier meta. Except that one deck that bursts people for 10 damage overkill on turn 5. Let's keep that. Especially now that healbots and sludge belchers are gone. What could go wrong?

It's been 1.5 days, decks have to be built things have to be tested.

The sky isn't falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's been 1.5 days, decks have to be built things have to be tested.

The sky isn't falling.
    This. Also 80% means nothing if you don't tell us what Ranks you're playing at. I couldnt care less if 80% of Rank 25-20 was face shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    This. Also 80% means nothing if you don't tell us what Ranks you're playing at. I couldnt care less if 80% of Rank 25-20 was face shaman
    Im legend.

If you dont understand why shaman is and will be a problem, might not wanna jump into the discussion. standard pretty much nerfed turn 3-4 of every class and buffed shaman for no reasons what so ever.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-04-28 at 12:49 PM.

Im legend.

If you dont understand why shaman is and will be a problem, might not wanna jump into the discussion. standard pretty much nerfed turn 3-4 of every class and buffed shaman for no reasons what so ever.
    Don't start a discussion thread if you are going to be rude to anyone trying to discuss things with you.

If you don't understand that face decks will always be a crapshoot then I really don't believe that you are actually legend.

Don't start a discussion thread if you are going to be rude to anyone trying to discuss things with you.

If you don't understand that face decks will always be a crapshoot then I really don't believe that you are actually legend.
    Except its not a crapshoot in standard for face shamans right now. Not even close lol. Every other face deck were destroyed by this patch. This was buffed and everyone else abilitity to trade turn 4 and survive turn 5 where destroyed as well. Theres a reason why 80% of the deck i face at legend ranks is face shaman, nothing even come close and its easier to play then secret paladin or combo druid. You think everyone above legend turning into shamans, when shamans werent even that popular in 1.5 day is a coincidence or someshit.

Except its not a crapshoot in standard for face shamans right now. Not even close lol. Every other face deck were destroyed by this patch. This was buffed and everyone else abilitity to trade turn 4 and survive turn 5 where destroyed as well. Theres a reason why 80% of the deck i face at legend ranks is face shaman, nothing even come close and its easier to play then secret paladin or combo druid. You think everyone above legend turning into shamans, when shamans werent even that popular in 1.5 day is a coincidence or someshit.
    Baseless claims.

Also you seem to think everyone that is legend plays face decks exclusively. There are other archetypes.

Firstly regarding net decking, copy pasting a deck is one thing, actually knowing how to play it is completely different.

In regards to Shamans, yes they are strong right now but it's nothing that can't be changed easily. The problem before was a lot of the OP cards came from Naxx and it's difficult to change a card that somebody paid money for (although they did eventually do it with undertaker) as opposed to cards that come in packs that can be dusted for full value when changed.

Baseless claims.

Also you seem to think everyone that is legend plays face decks exclusively. There are other archetypes.
    Im only gona tell you once, so listen carefully. If you play legend ranks, most people right now are playing shaman. Heres why shaman is so strong and face shaman is not a crapshot. Its infact the most reliable deck.

What are the face decks weakness in general.

- needs to win early
    - cant trade minions
    - Need to have strong turn 4 and 5

Now whats face shaman weakness itself.
    -Unlocking mana crystal slows your board control.

Now lets look at what happened in standard.

- Early game of all classes but shaman nerfed.
    - Face shaman given the ability to trade when needs be(evolve mechanics).
    - shaman given the best 4 drop in the game. Everybody else lost the best 4 drops in the game. Everybody lost the best 5 drop minion to survive. Doomhammer still exist.
    -Shaman given the ability to unlock mana crystal with a minion, a good minion at that, losing no board.

Now lets look at face hunter, wait they got destroyed lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys listen to me. Guys. Listen. I'm legend okay. Guys. I swear.

You know Shaman lost Crackle, right? Their second best face nuke? And Whirly, their second best 2-drop?

And that the removal of Sludge Belcher is a moot point because Face Shaman did not give ONE SINGLE FLYING FUCK about Belcher due to Earth Shock?

And if they don't draw Trogg and/or Totem Golem they still just, y'know, fall over?

But trust me guys

I'm legend.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    If 80% of the top end is face-shaman, then why are you not hardcountering and going rank 1?

Im only gona tell you once, so listen carefully. If you play legend ranks, most people right now are playing shaman. Heres why shaman is so strong and face shaman is not a crapshot. Its infact the most reliable deck.

What are the face decks weakness in general.

- needs to win early
    - cant trade minions
    - Need to have strong turn 4 and 5

Now whats face shaman weakness itself.
    -Unlocking mana crystal slows your board control.

Now lets look at what happened in standard.

- Early game of all classes but shaman nerfed.
    - Face shaman given the ability to trade when needs be(evolve mechanics).
    - shaman given the best 4 drop in the game. Everybody else lost the best 4 drops in the game. Everybody lost the best 5 drop minion to survive. Doomhammer still exist.
    -Shaman given the ability to unlock mana crystal with a minion, a good minion at that, losing no board.

Now lets look at face hunter, wait they got destroyed lol.
    I'm glad you are only going to tell us once because you got us shaking in our boots and I don't want all of us collectively crapping our pants at the thunder in your voice. Seriously, drop the internet little big man attitude, have a coke and a smile and join the conversion in a non-confrontational way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Guys listen to me. Guys. Listen. I'm legend okay. Guys. I swear.

You know Shaman lost Crackle, right? Their second best face nuke? And Whirly, their second best 2-drop?

And that the removal of Sludge Belcher is a moot point because Face Shaman did not give ONE SINGLE FLYING FUCK about Belcher due to Earth Shock?

And if they don't draw Trogg and/or Totem Golem they still just, y'know, fall over?

But trust me guys

I'm legend.
    Spoken like a true person that know much about card games. If they dont draw anything and you do, you can still win! NO SHIT SHERLOCK. You found out about the sky color too? A deck in a card game does not become popular because it wins every time, thats impossible. Its popular because its easy and reliable. Face shaman is by far both these things, nothing is even close. Its not just me, ask anybody that plays legend ranks, they either play shaman since the launch/are tired of playing shaman themselves/ tired of facing shamans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    If 80% of the top end is face-shaman, then why are you not hardcountering and going rank 1?
    Not much to counter it right now actually, most of the reliable healing was also removed in standards for most classes. Zoo lock the best i could play outside of shaman, its pretty much just a game of who draws early.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-04-28 at 02:30 PM.

oh dear shaman went from trash tier to good, lets all whine, hope the same happens in legion shaman is OP like fucking mages for once, guess i can dream.

I would give it more than 2 days before going off the deep end

Standard is necessary. Especially if people want them to continue publishing new content. Its not realistic to expect any company to have re-tune hundreds of cards everytime they release an expansion. I'd also argue that if people want things like new classes, standard is the only way this is going to be achieved.

My only critic is that so far Standard Mode has been very stale as far as deck diversity. I hoping this is just because its extremely new and not an indication of what rank play will look like.