Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ted Cruz scares me. He just feels empty of anything I would consider humanity, and will say and do anything that he thinks will get him power.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Increased border security could help (which is what Obama has already done, to great result). The wall does jack shit.

As for terrorists sneaking in, sneaking through the heavily patrolled Mexican border area is just about the most difficult way to sneak into the US. Far easier to get French Citizens to come in under a visa waiver or something.

The whole concept of terrorists sneaking in through Mexico is bizarro nonsense.
    http://www.infowars.com/former-cia-o...s-communicate/

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/04/...confirm-329027

I am sure that you will claim it is not happening and that these sites are just totally fabricating this. After all, the former CIA officer couldn't possibly know more about this than your or I.

FBI and CIA are actually monitoring ISIS cells in 49 states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Yeah, OK Infowars.

But even if there are ISIS cells in 49 states, that has nothing to do with sneaking in through Mexico.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    The establishment types would rather the nominee be Cruz, which should tell you just how bad they think Trump is.
    I would argue that in a GE were everyone can vote, I think Trump might have an advantage in that if its a lesser of two evils election, many might not bother to vote. Lower turnout votes often favor the one with a fanatically loyal base who will show up.

George W. Bush was reviled, but Kerry still lost. Even with Trump being so widely hated, is he hated enough for anyone to show up to vote not Trump?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wall for one. There was an article yesterday that there is actually a small terrorist training camp by the southern border. The same report alleged that mexican cartels are helping terrorists sneak by in exchange for money. Who is most likely to die in a terrorist attack? A politician or the "common folk" just going to work and trying to live their lives.
    The wall also protects American jobs. He wants to stop signing trade agreements in which American takes a loss. Look in the back of the economist (magazine), they list trading between nations in the back. We take a loss on so many trade deals it is ridiculous. Who ultimately bears the cost of that? The tax payer and the American worker (the "common folk").
    He wants NATO to start honoring their financial commitment to the alliance. This was so popular that even Obama stole the idea and started talking about it yesterday.
    How many terror attacks had the US to suffer from people illegally crossing the southern borders, in it's entire history?
    Good golly... that obtuse level of intelligence.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Yeah, OK Infowars.
    Believe whatever you will. The infowars is actually just a report with quotes from an interview with a former CIA official. I think I will take the CIA officials word over your wealth of knowledge on this subject.

Deleted
    The whole concept of terrorists sneaking in through Mexico is bizarro nonsense.
    LOL. /smh

Trump is going to be an awesome President.

Trump 2016! Making America Great Again! America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    How many terror attacks had the US to suffer from people illegally crossing the southern borders, in it's entire history?
    Good golly... that obtuse level of intelligence.
    You're right. It hasn't happened yet, so obviously it will never happen. Makes perfect sense. I have to wonder why we monitor ISIS at all really. After all, they have yet to execute a terrorist attack in the US, so it will obviously never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It appeals to people who like the idea of simplistic solutions and don't want to think too hard.

Have immigration problems? Build a wall!

Too expensive? Get Mexico to pay for it!

It's sort of kindergarten level thinking without any willingness to look at the actual complexity of the issues at hand.
    Probebly true, but I think his support hinges on his celebrity and little else. How many season of apprentice advertising his business acumen for rating did we have? While his actual business practice included starting a mortgage company in 2006...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL. /smh

Trump is going to be an awesome President.

Trump 2016! Making America Great Again! America First!
    Question: When is this allegedly "great" period that America was once that Trump wants America to be again?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Derecho View Post
    Plenty of people like Ted Cruz. At least, his favorability ratings aren't as low as Trump's or Clinton's.

This narrative that he is universally disliked is propaganda. The left dislikes Ted Cruz. The republican establishment dislikes Ted Cruz. For example, it was only recently that polling showed that Clinton would beat Ted Cruz in a general election, and even that polling is close and could go either way. Before all the smearing that has gone on, Ted Cruz actually polled to beat Hillary Clinton, which shows you how weak a candidate Hillary Clinton really is. So obviously he is not universally disliked. Trump has almost never polled to beat Clinton in a head to head face off, showing that he is disliked.

If the GOPs goal had been to win the election from the start, they would have backed Ted Cruz from the start. However, that hasn't happened, so it is very likely that the democrats will win the white house, despite putting forth two very easily beatable candidates.

That being said, they disagree with the idea of Trump even more. The real test of hatred from the GOP will be to see if they change the convention rules to select a candidate that did not even run in the primaries, should it come to a contested convention.

The GOP is perfectly willing to lose another election, as long as it means the GOP stays around.
    Ted Cruz had no chance and never was going to win. You are deluding yourself. His positions are too extreme and too outside the mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How did they make it abundantly clear? There has never been an Islamic terrorist attack incoming from Mexico. Not in U.S., not in Mexico, not anywhere is South America. What his Mexican policy does, is take our second largest exporter in the world and give it to China. If he follows through with his threats to Mexico, not only do we lose the second largest exporter, we let China establish a foothold in South America, which they have not been able to do, largely due to our trade agreements and location.
    So, you have never seen any of the ISIS speeches about attacking us? You spend too much time on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe whatever you will. The infowars is actually just a report with quotes from an interview with a former CIA official. I think I will take the CIA officials word over your wealth of knowledge on this subject.
    The same CIA official that info wars used to claim Obama is starting fema camps to imprison Americans? You will trust that official?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.infowars.com/former-cia-o...s-communicate/

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/04/...confirm-329027

I am sure that you will claim it is not happening and that these sites are just totally fabricating this. After all, the former CIA officer couldn't possibly know more about this than your or I.

FBI and CIA are actually monitoring ISIS cells in 49 states.
    INFOWARS and BizPac Review?
    Any other credible news sources? Micky Mouse? Marvel Comics? That imaginary dude up above you?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are from 2014 and have been debunked.

a senior spokeswoman for the Department of Homeland Security responded to Hunter's claim about ISIS fighters captured by Border Patrol: "The suggestion that individuals who have ties to ISIL have been apprehended at the Southwest border is categorically false, and not supported by any credible intelligence or the facts on the ground. DHS continues to have no credible intelligence to suggest terrorist organizations are actively plotting to cross the southwest border."

El Paso Congressman Beto O'Rourke debunked this rumor on Facebook: "Today I reached out to the Mexican government, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Northern Command. None of them have found any evidence, credible or otherwise, that Isis is in Juárez."

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you have never seen any of the ISIS speeches about attacking us? You spend too much time on the forums.
    No, I have never seen ISIS video of them coming from Mexico. Perhaps it's not me spending too much on forums, but you trusting a well established tin foil site for your news.

I think the policies he proposes favor the "common folk" more than any of the other politicians running. Do I think he is great or anything, no. The USA election typically comes down to who you think is the lesser evil. Obama and Hillary's policies have, in large, favored big business.
    No his policies favor authoritarian right-wingers. If his policies favored common folk in general he would not have the highest unfavorable rating of all presidential candidates since such measurements began.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. It hasn't happened yet, so obviously it will never happen. Makes perfect sense. I have to wonder why we monitor ISIS at all really. After all, they have yet to execute a terrorist attack in the US, so it will obviously never happen.
    I expected that response....
    Did it ever come to your attention that the danger of terrorism in the US is the exact same as it is elsewhere? Domestic Terrorists.
    Those ISIS members that make you shit your pants, they're already here. They're born in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cruz is a nut.

The wall for one. There was an article yesterday that there is actually a small terrorist training camp by the southern border. The same report alleged that mexican cartels are helping terrorists sneak by in exchange for money. Who is most likely to die in a terrorist attack? A politician or the "common folk" just going to work and trying to live their lives.
    The wall also protects American jobs. He wants to stop signing trade agreements in which American takes a loss. Look in the back of the economist (magazine), they list trading between nations in the back. We take a loss on so many trade deals it is ridiculous. Who ultimately bears the cost of that? The tax payer and the American worker (the "common folk").
    He wants NATO to start honoring their financial commitment to the alliance. This was so popular that even Obama stole the idea and started talking about it yesterday.
    Lol. Exactly how many american citizens die from terrorist attacks each year? How many americans die from wall mounted TV's falling on them? Which number is greater?