Is it worth coming back to dota?

I've had a 2 year break from dota because i was busy with college and i'm wondering if it's worth coming back? I also have a few questions:
    -How's balance these days? Is Juggernaut still cancerous with his ult?
    -I saw a lot of new items, i wonder if it changed meta builds a lot? Will it take a lot of time to learn new builds?
    -Unless i'm mistaken they still didn't add Pit Lord hero, whats taking them so long?
    -And probably the most important question, compared to lol/hots, how often do you encounter trolls/afk-ers/russians/complete idiots in your team on EU servers? (I'm seriously not trying to insult anyone but some people in moba games are just....argggh....i'd rather not recall those memories).

TL/DR: I'm in a college and i don't need any stress in my life, would you recommend dota? I'd play maybe 1-2 games per day.

Thanks
    Last edited by Igi; 2016-05-12 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    I've had a 2 year break from dota because i was busy with college and i'm wondering if it's worth coming back? I also have a few questions:
    -How's balance these days? Is Juggernaut still cancerous with his ult?
    -I saw a lot of new items, i wonder if it changed meta builds a lot? Will it take a lot of time to learn new builds?
    -Unless i'm mistaken they still didn't add Pit Lord hero, whats taking them so long?
    -And probably the most important question, compared to lol/hots, how often do you encounter trolls/afk-ers/russians/complete idiots in your team on EU servers? (I'm seriously not trying to insult anyone but some people in moba games are just....argggh....i'd rather not recall those memories).

TL/DR: I'm in a college and i don't need any stress in my life, would you recommend dota? I'd play maybe 1-2 games per day.

Thanks
    As far as balance is concerned, it's completely different than it was even 6 months ago. The newest patch and items just came out recently and changed things A LOT. Basically everyone is still trying to figure out the current meta so a lot of heroes and strategies are viable.

Pit Lord is not in the game, the reason it is taking so long I would guess because they don't want to add heroes too fast and dilute the nature of the game (LoL, HoN).

As to EU servers, as I don't play on that server. For the most part if you follow a few simple rules (be polite, immediately mute ragers, pick heroes to help your team) you won't really run into that many trolls. Rarely you run into an afk, and if you do, once they disconnect you can leave the game and start a new queue. And really it's maybe 1 out of every 10 games that I run into any really bad trolls.

Lastly, the game is free. What have you got to lose by playing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by keese View Post
    Lastly, the game is free. What have you got to lose by playing the game?
    My sanity

After 6 games i have to say, things are better than i expected. Most of the people seem to be polite and if someone rages i just mute him.

A lot's changed. I just recently quit. Just don't get sucked too far in.