10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Atelier Developer Gust Is Currently Working On A New IP

Hope its Land of no Night
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/28...orking-new-ip/

Gust is known for making the Atelier games, but we’ve recently seen them trying out new things, with Nights of Azure being the latest. Koei Tecmo says they’re working on a new IP in their latest financial results report. [Thanks, Hachima.]

Here’s what was stated about Gust under Koei Tecmo’s latest financial results:

“In addition to the ‘Gust’ brand further strengthening existing IP such as the ‘Atelier’ series, they will create a new IP that brings out the originality that is distinctive of ‘Gust’.”

Atelier series director Yoshito Okamura said in an interview back in January about plans he has for 2016 that he’d “like to vigorously take on a challenge with a new title like Nights of Azure.” That said, this could very well be the title that he was talking about in the interview.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Nights of Azure the international name given to Land of No Night?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Wasn't Nights of Azure the international name given to Land of No Night?
    Yep but i still like to refer it as land of no night
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I misinterpreted what you originally posted then I think. Are you referring to them when they were still working on Land of No Light, a sequel to it, or is it a completely new game they are working on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I misinterpreted what you originally posted then I think. Are you referring to them when they were still working on Land of No Light, a sequel to it, or is it a completely new game they are working on?
    Nobody knows atm, its a guess that they're working on land of no night sequel, or they could be doing something entirely new

Typically if someone says they're working on a new IP, that would preclude the possibility of it being a sequel, because then it would be an existing IP, no?

More Gust is always good.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Typically if someone says they're working on a new IP, that would preclude the possibility of it being a sequel, because then it would be an existing IP, no?

More Gust is always good.
    Still a new ip if its only 1 game, now if it was a series of games then it'd be an existing ip