Deleted

Use your pets as mounts ( with a twist )

Greetings fellow hunters!

I am reposting this from the blizzard forums since I want to get as much feedback as possible. I looked around the forums over there for a bit, just to see if there are any recent threads about this. Seems like there has been some discussion going on, but most of the threads are quite old and did not really go into the direction I was thinking about.

We can all pretty much agree that allowing hunters to use all pets as mounts wouldn't really be fair to other classes, since it would create a huge disparity between the amount of mounts hunters could potentially obtain, compared to the rest.

So, what if we had only one? To elaborate: make it an epic class quest, much like the green fire quest for warlocks in MoP ( which, from what I've seen, most people agree is awesome ). It would basically entail you going around the world, performing certain tasks to attune to your pet further.

Lorewise, I see this starting off at Highmountain. We know that in lore, tauren are great hunters and have a deep connection to the earth and nature ( being modeled after the native american peoples in North America ). The Highmountain tauren are mostly unexplored in lore so far so I really think the quest would the genaral theme this way.

One issue I see with this is model and size. Now size shouldn't really be that hard to handle. Again, tauren and how their mounts scale in size. Model however is an issue, that I really can't think of solutions to, other than, some pets will just not have that option.

Another thing I want to clarify. If this were to be implemented as just adding the mount to the collecton would cause the same problem with the disparity in mount quantities between classes, albeit with a bit more grinding and running around involved. So instead, I see this as an extra ability ( much like the way current minor glyphs are converted into tomes in legion ). This could either mean that if you want a different pet as a mount, you could do the quest again ( from a certain point near the end so as not to get too repetative and time consuming ) and the new pet would either replace your current one, or just add another 'minor' ability.

I thought this wouldn't turn out so long of a post, so I am sorry about that, but I really wanna hear your thoughts about it.

Shunty xxx

here for my daily dose of fantasy

Or how about, use your mounts as pets? Pretty crazy, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

the FANTASY of hunters is to form strong friendships with animals and nature and i am offended that you think we should be able to use them as mounts

Deleted
    Thank you for that, kissthebaby. As for your comment threadz, gonna give you a simple example to consider: you can ride a horse with a bit or without one. Riding bitless requires you to form a certain degree of trust with the horse, sort of a 'friendship', to a point where you can direct movement with just hip and body swaying. So the idea that that form of 'friendship' will somehow not be there in our case is simply not true.

Also, am I correct to assume that when you play with a pet, you send it into battle? You're not just leaving it there on side, out of dangers way. I would venture a guess that, that's okay with you, since the pet is your companion and friend and wants to you to be safe. In the same way, wouldn't your pet be understand you better than a random horse in your stable, when it comes to being in dire need and wanting to go somewhere fast?

Shunty xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Or how about, use your mounts as pets? Pretty crazy, amirite?
    Stampede with dragons would be sick

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the thread topic, I assumed that you'd be suggesting that we let our pets mount us in order to give them increased movement speed outside of combat.

I'm a little disappointed. But I still like your idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    the FANTASY of hunters is to form strong friendships with animals and nature and i am offended that you think we should be able to use them as mounts
    Well... i get dragons, that are supposed to be friends and not mere mounts, cause they, unlike the beast we tame, are not wild beasts