Deleted

Weakauras +Details!

In the Details!-Thread @Terico mentioned that you can pull Details! information with weakauras.

The link above has an example for doing this.
    I altered this piece of code to get information about "Unstable Voidfiend"s (add @Xhul) Voidstep
    Code:
    local VoidstepTargets = ""
    local UnstableVoidfiend_Actor = Details:GetActor ("current", DETAILS_ATTRIBUTE_DAMAGE, "Unstable Voidfiend")
    if (UnstableVoidfiend_Actor) then
            local Voidstep = UnstableVoidfiend_Actor:GetSpell (188939)
            if (Voidstep) then
                    for playerName, totalDamage in pairs (Voidstep.targets) do
                            VoidstepTargets = VoidstepTargets .. playerName .. ", "
                    end
            end
    end

I'm not a pro at custom lua and custom code weak auras so i have three requests:

First i would be glad if someone could review "my" code for obvious mistakes.

Second thing would be some hints how i wrap this in a weak aura.
    My guess would be a text region that has a trigger that is active on Xhul (something like status, specific unit=boss1, name=xhul'horac) and put the code into the display with %c
    Is this the right approach?

The last thing (and not that important atm) would be to print this information into chat.
    Can i use the actions tab for this somehow?

Thanks in advance!

What do you want with it? Display targets who caused voidstep or damage done to voidfiends?

Deleted
    Aim would be to show (and report in chat) who got hit by voidstep
    My goal is to create some weakauras that do the same thing that ensidia fails did back then
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2016-04-28 at 02:46 PM.

Why do you want to use details for that? I have weakauras that whispers to to raid leader who got hit by voidstep and also announces this to raid warning. Same for annihilation
    •TRIGGER > EVENT > COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED
    Code:
    function(event, timestamp, message, hideCaster, srcGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags, ...)  
        if event=="COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED" and (message == "SPELL_DAMAGE" or message=="SPELL_MISSED")  then
            local spellId, spellName, spellSchool = ...
            if spellId == 188939 then
                timeCur = date("%H:%M:%S")
                WA_NAME = destName
                return true
            end
        end
    end
    HIDE > timed(3)

•ACTION
    on show > custom code:
    Code:
    SendChatMessage("["..timeCur.."] "..WA_NAME.." got hit by voidstep", "WHISPER", nil, "name") --switch name to what you need or remove this line
    SendChatMessage("["..timeCur.."] "..WA_NAME.." got hit by voidstep", "RAID_WARNING")

Deleted
    As mentioned my skills writing lua are pretty much nonexistent.
    I approached terico in his thread asking if its possible to use details for automated reports of certain things and he mentioned this way.
    And now we are here

A solution purely based on weakauras would be fine for me.

edit: this looks great @Translit thank you very much for sharing
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2016-04-28 at 03:01 PM.

Used this one i showed with blackhole counter (raid warning), annihilation announcer(whispers) and encounter start/end time(whispers), so lanes before pulls were separated for better reading. I can give them too if needed

Deleted
    That looks like what i'm looking for, you are awesome.
    Will give more feedback after testing them.
    Annihilation announcer would be who triggered Shadowfel Annihilation? That would be nice too.

If i wanted to use this for another spell would i only change the spell id?

For a damaging spell - yes.
    Shadowfell annihilations - change spellid to 185656 and action message to something different

encounter start/end - change event from COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED to ENCOUNTER_END, ENCOUNTER_START
    trigger (note that you want to use different globals for other WA strings if u will make new ones, i.e. "WA_NAME / timeCur / timeStart..." otherwise they might cause problems owerwritting eachother if working at same time)
    Code:
    function(event, encounterID)  
        if event=="ENCOUNTER_START" and encounterID== 1800 then
            timeStart = date("%H:%M:%S")
            timeEnd = 0
            return true
        elseif event=="ENCOUNTER_END" and encounterID== 1800 then
            timeEnd = date("%H:%M:%S")
            timeStart = 0
            return true
        end
    end
    ACTION > on show > custom
    Code:
    if timeStart~= 0 then
        SendChatMessage("+++START: ["..timeStart.."]+++", "WHISPER", nil, "nickname")
    end
    if timeEnd~= 0 then
        SendChatMessage("+++END: ["..timeEnd.."]+++", "WHISPER", nil, "nickname)
    end

Deleted
    Yeah it's generally not a good idea to pull information from another addon if it's not required. The LUA needed to pull that information is equal for both addons so weakaura can do it on its own. In order to use this method of pulling info from another addon it should be because that other addon synthesizes or produces new information, not basic event information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Translit View Post
    (note that you want to use different globals for other WA strings if u will make new ones, i.e. "WA_NAME / timeCur / timeStart..." otherwise they might cause problems owerwritting eachother if working at same time)
    So if i want to run one wa for voidstep and one wa for annihilation i would have to rename only timeCur and WA_NAME to something else right? (and ofc replace both in the action tab too)

Yes if they work in same time and repeat the name of each other. If you dont use "local" it will work for all your weak auras strings. I think you can use aura_env so u dont need to rename it. Then it will work only inside one weak auras (aura_env.WA_NAME or smth)

Deleted
    I finally got to test the two weakauras for voidstep and annihilation in lfr.
    The one for voidstep works like a charm

What didn't really work was annihilation. I caused a couple of them because the other tank was not feeling like taunting at all (lfr )
    The weakaura did whisper names with my annihilation message but never with my name.

My guess is that it posted a players name who got damaged by my explosion because WA_NAME1 = destName
    For posting the name of the player who caused the explosion it should be WA_NAME1 = sourceName right?

Edit: Changed it and it seems to work, i guess annihilations caused by xhul are merging fires?
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2016-04-28 at 10:28 PM.