Thread: [Weakauras]

10+ Year Old Account

Question [Weakauras]

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a custom Weakaura that minimizes the quest objectives whenever I enter an arena or BG.

You can set custom triggers for it, but I wouldn't know how to get it to minimize the quest objectives part.

Any help?
    Warlock (SL main)

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello,

I created a very simple weak aura that doesn't display any visuals; however, it upon entering an arena or bg it will hide the objective frame like requested. Once you have zoned out of the arena / bg it will be displayed again. This weak aura only runs when you see a loading screen so it isn't something that will be constantly running. I tested it on both arenas and battlegrounds and it worked without any issues. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks

pastebin.com/zAxaWPWd

Edit: Unfortunately, I do not have permission to post links at this time so you will have to copy / paste the link above.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for posting the link. Makes it a bit easier

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't think I'd get a reply after all this time. Thank you!
    Warlock (SL main)

Not casting aspersions or anything, but Id be careful about clicking or importing a random WA string into your game, what with the weak aura gold scam coming around again, especially from a new member claiming to have the answer to your somewhat niche and unlikely question.

Like I said, Im sure its fine and it will work and I hope it does, but just thought I would raise the concern.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Didn't think I'd get a reply after all this time. Thank you!
    No problem at all! I am glad I was able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Not casting aspersions or anything, but Id be careful about clicking or importing a random WA string into your game, what with the weak aura gold scam coming around again, especially from a new member claiming to have the answer to your somewhat niche and unlikely question.

Like I said, Im sure its fine and it will work and I hope it does, but just thought I would raise the concern.

I agree you should be careful with importing other peoples WA's with custom code, but you can read the code prior to importing. If something confuses you don't import it and ask the creator of that WA questions about the WA code in question. I will post exactly what is in the WA below so you can see that it wasn't anything bad.

Custom function
    Events: PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD

Custom Trigger
    function()
    if not(GetBattlefieldInstanceRunTime() == 0) then
    ObjectiveTrackerFrame:Hide();
    end
    end

Custom Untrigger
    function()
    if (GetBattlefieldInstanceRunTime() == 0) then
    ObjectiveTrackerFrame:Show();
    end
    end
    Events: PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD - loads anytime you see a loading screen
    GetBattlefieldInstanceRunTime() - returns the length of the battleground / arena instance.

If you have any specific questions about the code feel free to let me know.
    Last edited by Salazaryi; 2016-05-17 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Changed formatting with the code

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aware of the fact that import WAs can be dangerous, and I've checked the code before I actually used it, and it's clean as a whistle. Thanks for the heads up tho!
    Warlock (SL main)