Too much taunt makes for boring game.

Title really says it all.

When 80% of your deck has taunts you're basically just spamming cards without strategy.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

"I play a face deck, taunt is cheat."

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Title really says it all.

When 80% of your deck has taunts you're basically just spamming cards without strategy.
    I'm almost to the point of insta conceding against priests. They get down their stupid taunts and if I don't have removal that turn, they just buff the health and keep healing them. Very, very annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Losing to taunt walls = losing as a face deck

"Taunt is no strategy"

The irony is amazing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't know, too much of any mechanic can influence the Blizzard pendulum down the road to swing too much of another mechanic in order to hard counter it. For example, say a strong taunt oriented meta lasts for months on end to the point where you know heroes A, B, & C will most likely lose to heroes D & E simply because the prior heroes will not have enough answers to take down the former's taunts. So as a result in a later expac Blzzard releases more damaging spells to give the weaker classes answers to win the game despite the overabundance of taunts (ie more spells to smorc face). In this vaccuum of an example taunts that dominate too long could create a counter shaman like smorc that creates future cancer. Granted, this is all just a big "What if?", but considering how Blizzard works with nerfs/counters in their games I don't consider it far fetched tbh. All mechanics/decks should have a stopping point, whether aggro, taunts, deathrattles, spells, etc.

I also don't think it is just pure face decks, but a key face play for a tempo or control deck that can get squashed if you simply cannot draw an answer for a versatile taunt.

If taunt ever becomes over abundant there is a card called Black Knight, it removes a taunt and puts a Yeti into play that normally results in a back breaking tempo swing that wins you the game.

When the only playable taunts were Deathlords and Sludge Blechers this wasn't so much the case, but now that all the playable taunts are very high value minions that cost your opponent a turn to play Black Knight is absolutely devastating.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2016-04-30 at 01:32 AM.