Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

are you into wpvp ?

I know that alot of players claims world pvp is dead, and the only wpvp that exists is high level players killing low level players.
    However, that is not always true, but I am aware that it sometimes can be a problem.
    I am in a big scale wpvp guild where we do cool events every week. All from attacking main cities, defending any town, hunt down players from the opposite faction that are in other wpvp guilds, to premade battlegrounds etc.
    We are very active, and so are a few other wpvp guilds of both factions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3hEd6JOLDeM just an example from our guild.

So, my question is, are there anyone on these forums who loves wpvp, or wish there was more of it ?

Btw. We are also recruiting (outland EU)

Deleted
    Awesome, its always the best when you go to help a guildie from being ganked and solo a few of them or get a little team fight going.. My guild is looking to get in touch with a horde guild (eu Burningsteppes/Bloodfeather/Executus/Kor'gall/Shatteredhand) for some regular world pvp

Deleted
    I used to like it to go help low level friends that had problems with gankers. Was fun and it felt really good to help people. Haven't done it for years now. Here and there sometimes people have some issues and then I pick up my PvP gear from bank and go help them but ...yea not really any more.

I'm sorry to say, but as much as WPvP is fun, Honor Capped EU are renowned for being nothing more than a bunch of trolls who won't fight alone, if you kill one of them, you can guarantee they'll have a group forming just to try and get revenge... On one person. The guild's vendetta against that other guild, I think they moved away, Vengeful Midnight or Dawn or something? Is just silly. I mean, just check Outland's forums and you'll understand how silly it is.

Point being, Honor capped is not WPvP, is just a raid of people ganking the vast minority on a 90% Alliance Server. With all that said, I definitely don't mind trolling Destinite.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-03-28 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    I like big raids of PvP as much as I hate pointless gankings. Though I don't like it when PvE NPCs get into play because those are often overpowered and disrupt the gameplay if someone cheeses the encounter with a mechanic (e.g. healing their leader from a secret position).

The best WPvP I remember was the entire realm repelling an attack outside the gates of a city, no NPCs involved.

- - - Updated - - -

It soon became clear most Battlegrounds were created to re-create that feeling but in a more secure setting.

Nopes, I hate PvP in MMOs generally... too much dependency on gear.

World PvP, for the most part... is people killing under geared/leveled players... more frequently a group of them against said under geared / leveled players. Pathetic, if anything.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-03-28 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I know that alot of players claims world pvp is dead, and the only wpvp that exists is high level players killing low level players.
    However, that is not always true, but I am aware that it sometimes can be a problem.
    I am in a big scale wpvp guild where we do cool events every week. All from attacking main cities, defending any town, hunt down players from the opposite faction that are in other wpvp guilds, to premade battlegrounds etc.

So, my question is, are there anyone on these forums who loves wpvp, or wish there was more of it ?

Wpvp is fun yeah but you are in fucking honor capped lol... The most shitty toxic Wpvp guild in EU. Ganging 40 man raids vs 20 isn't wpvp. The dislikes on every HC vid kind of says it all. I got some friends there and got nothing against the members. Destinite is just a baddie and a pile of shit lol.
    Last edited by mmoc9f2c949fa4; 2016-03-28 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post

That thing you are doing can not even be called PVP.

I did what you did, too (and your guild was once wiped out by mine - end of MoP, if I remember correctly, I think it was Isle of Conquest, that was the only match we managed to arrange, your guild somehow didn't want to arrange more matches), and I know you will likely ignore what I am saying, but this thing you are doing (and I was doing) is pretty dumb. It isn't PVP, it is an idiocy with its own "skill" that consists of several very specific things like overdosing on specs with superior AOE damage and heals which help you fight lag. It is mindless, stupid and boring.

If you haven't outgrown it yet, too bad.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-03-28 at 04:53 PM.

to me world PvP is anywhere from 1 to maximum on 5 players jumping/killing players your level at equal or greater number. My main is Ret, so i simply fly in taanan jungle to Horde camp (Val'mar) and gang players there usually it is 1v2 or even 1v4, sometimes i bring my friend with me and 2 of us make hordies rage so much, we actually get full guilds trying to kill us, but they never can bubble /hearth ftw. Any player who is my lvl and at least 80% hp + i jump and kill, unless they are trying to kill/tame rare npc for pet or achieve, then i let them be.
    Raiding cities, or killing lowbies is not WPvP in my book, but thats my own opinion, it has 2 much of PVE rotation in it, if you have 40 ppl trying to kill NPC in the city + killing every1 even lowbies with aoe or 40v1.

Ahh, the wPvP memories of old.

I remember that day pretty well.

It was an ordinary day, mid week I'd say. The sun was high up, a beautiful day. I was sitting at a blacksmith, exchanging advices and tips on everything related to smithing, when I heard a guard yell "Orgrimmar is under attack!".

"Under attack? How? Who would dare!?" - I thought. And how did they get in. More guards were yelling and by the time I got to our Warchief, I was greeted by a bloody scene. There he was, lying in the pool of blood, among numerous alliance soldiers.
    "A good way to go" - I though as I looked around. Dozens of angry faces, fuming with rage, stood around me, watching the same thing as I was.

A runner came in to break the silence. And no good news, as well. Reports were that the other leaders were assassinated too. Thunderbluff, Undercity and Orgrimmar. All attacked, leaving all leaders dead.

Everyone was silent. Everyone was thinking. The tension in the air was so ripe that there was but a one outcome.
    "FOR THE WARCHIEF!" - someone yelled. "FOR THE HORDE!" - another voice joined in. Moments laters, dozens were chanting the name.

It didn't took long for us to organize 2 raiding parties. I would say few dozen per each. The party I was in took the zeppelin to the Stranglethorn Vale. We rode through the jungle, using all known paths as we avoided the main road. We stopped infront of a big, iron gate. Our leader assured us there's nothing to worry about, that we should have patience.
    Good thing we didn't have to wait for long, I feel as if we would tear the whole mountain down to pass. Yet, secrecy was vital. Luckily, our leader's contact soon arrived. I swear he appeared out of nowhere. "Damn rogues".

CLICK! - just like that, we were running through the tunnel, vengeance on our minds. First there was light. Then it got colder and colder. Finally, we burst through the tunnel, riding wolves, raptors, kodos and beasts alike. We stormed Ironforge with such fury, we were at the dwarf king's doorstep. *spits*. "Dwarf King....BAH!"

(Yeah, I'm bored at work xD)

But, yeah, alliance stormed our cities (warlock and 2 people sneaked into Valley of Wisdom, summoned a lot of people and killed Thrall. Killed Cairne...and then a LOT of us went on a rampaging run, killing all Alliance leaders in few hours.
    Running for our lives in Stormwind after we slaughtered Varian (Was it him? Was so long ago -.-) was awesome xD

I'd say I'm into wPvP

I loved it back before CRZ and instant queues. When there was server rep you'd see the same people on the other faction and recognize names so you wouldn't be a total dick about body camping. Some you knew could bring friends asap to get something started, some you deliberately killed on sight and some you'd avoid at all costs, but now you never know who anyone is or they could just zone out via arena skirmish queues or have a mob of 10 appear out of nowhere from CRZ bullshit

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. What you are doing is what gives a bad name to WPvP. People who don't even know what their abilities do group in massive raids of 80+ people lagging the server out causing phase bubbles which is utterly unplayable whilst spamming aoe, all whilst being shouted at by a literal psycho called Destinite.

On Defias Brotherhood, we actually had guilds that wPVPed properly, no more than 20 each side normally. The fights actually required a lot of co-ordination from the guilds in order to win, most of the guilds had decent players who knew what they were doing. They almost worked out like an RBG teamfight, plus a bit extra could be involved strategy wise by using the zone cleverly. Meanwhile in Honor Capped, it's a bunch of people missing brain cells spamming AOE buttons whilst lagging the server out. That is what people think WPvP is, and why no one takes it seriously. I can't think of a single player in Honor Capped that actually knows what they're doing.

THIS is what good WPvP should be:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94emDV05vQc
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-03-30 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    No. What you are doing is what gives a bad name to WPvP. People who don't even know what their abilities do group in massive raids of 80+ people lagging the server out causing phase bubbles which is utterly unplayable whilst spamming aoe, all whilst being shouted at by a literal psycho called Destinite.

On Defias Brotherhood, we actually had guilds that wPVPed properly, no more than 20 each side normally. The fights actually required a lot of co-ordination from the guilds in order to win, most of the guilds had decent players who knew what they were doing. They almost worked out like an RBG teamfight, plus a bit extra could be involved strategy wise by using the zone cleverly. Meanwhile in Honor Capped, it's a bunch of people missing brain cells spamming AOE buttons whilst lagging the server out. That is what people think WPvP is, and why no one takes it seriously. I can't think of a single player in Honor Capped that actually knows what they're doing.

THIS is what good WPvP should be:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94emDV05vQc
    This youtube account is full of gold and win.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    This youtube account is full of gold and win.
    Shame that it doesn't really happen anymore. Hoping that legion brings people back and it gets revived.

Personally, not really. Not unless there's some bigger goal involved. When I was involved in world PVP for the timeless isle coins, sure. No problem. But I'm not one to just start a fight for no reason unless someone is being a jackass.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Too bad World PvP will be dead by legion, PvE gear will dominate again...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Too bad World PvP will be dead by legion, PvE gear will dominate again...
    Even though PVE gear will dominate, a skilled PvPer will always outplay a more geared dragonslayer =)

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Even though PVE gear will dominate, a skilled PvPer will always outplay a more geared dragonslayer =)
    Not this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Not this time.
    I guess we will have to wait and see, but something tells me i still will be ganging pve heroes 1v3 and killing them all . As Spartacus said "KILL EM AL!!"