Deleted

Graphics card driver question. Nvidia.

So i decided to try and see if Dark Souls 3 works on my rickety PC , i have an old graphics card Nvidia Geforce GT 220 . But i get a white screen at start up then error , fine by me it means by graphics card might be too old to handle it etc. However! And this is where i need your help , if i remove the driver from my graphics card the game starts , it moves like shit because no driver for the card is installed, but it starts. If i instal a driver for the card , old , new, latest etc , it doesn't start anymore and i get the white screen error.

So my question is : What does the driver add or turn on ( so that i can turn off) to make the game start while i have the driver installed and not just when i don't have it , which will then make it move like crap.

I would haveposted more info on my computer specs but it all boils down to the game not liking my nvidia graphics card drivers. I also have DX11 installed since i heard that might have been a problem also.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://techfaqs.net/games/how-to-fix...-dark-souls-3/

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/14...o-fix-them.htm

http://forums.bandainamcogames.com/s...artup-Crash%29

Try those, should help you out I think ... though there's a good chance your GT 220 will melt at trying to play this game.
    Be aware of that

Deleted
    Thanks, i tried all those nothing helped apart from uninstalling the graphics card driver( which i found out myself by accident). So whatever it is, it's related to something that the driver toggles on i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Thanks, i tried all those nothing helped apart from uninstalling the graphics card driver( which i found out myself by accident). So whatever it is, it's related to something that the driver toggles on i guess.
    It's possible that the next update might fix things in any case so if all that didn't help you just have to wait.

Though ... I don't recommend playing Dark Souls 3 with a GT 220.. especially if it's a crappily cooled (read: passive) edition of it.
    Because it may literally die if you get it working after a while... the GT 220 is already old .. VERY old which means the component stress is going to be great.
    Add to that 100% GPU use if you try Dark Souls 3 .. it may work fine for a while but at some point the toll it's taken WILL be the end of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some driver issues on the Nvidia side for Dark Souls 3. Though most I've read pertains to slide showing or crashing during game. Usually after death / homeward bone and resolution issues not 1920x1080.

That and GT220 is... ancient. Dinosaurs are probably populated in there in miniature form. No but really you can't do a lot about that. Probably roaming the cards, eating the VRMs like they're mushrooms.