Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleptik View Post
    I miss those gigantic Stormbolt crits inside of CS windows... back in 5.4 when Stormbolt and Raging Blow were significant contributions to our overall damage. Now it's either Bladestorm, Execute or crappy spammy Wild Strike. All those Fury MOP haters probably didn't even play WoD fury, such a unintuitive playstyle bleh.

/SALT

Now Legion... while better just feels clunky. Wreckingball making me think I squeeze in another whirlwind D:
    Wait what the fuck? Somebody actually hated MOP fury?

7+ Year Old Account
    People that don't enjoy the bank and burst style I suppose.

And after all the work I put into my warrior alt....the dps specs are clunky/underwhelming? Bloody hell.

As for my Warlock, i'm glad to see Demo getting a playstyle I can get behind. It's always been about doing lots of things (like juggling multiple cups while also dancing a jig), even if i've heard the spec is underwhelming. Affliction might be an option (i'm currently speced Affliction....because frankly i'm not raiding and destro is a boring rotation. Effective, but still boring).

There's always....oh who am I kidding we are getting pigeonholed at the start of this expansion.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    People that don't enjoy the bank and burst style I suppose.
    There was a notable dislike among many players for the CS burst window play style from mainly flex/normal raiders. But damn I miss it.

I won't ever quit my Warrior, I simply have too much invested in that character at this point to stop cold turkey.

But after having leveled two warriors to 110 on the alpha, I can safely say it sure as hell wont be my main. I'll just swap between Demon Hunter, Warrior, Rogue, and Mage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Same boat, but apparently I'm the only 13/13M person in the world, or at least my guild, that isn't on the alpha

At this point I don't know what I'm going to do come legion.

since i started in cata, I've always played warrior (mainly arms), shaman (all specs equally) and mage (fire in cata, frost since). in WoD I mained the shaman because my guild needed a healer. warrior just mainly frustrated me since I got it to 100. after sitting in the legion arms forums for some time I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't focus on warrior anymore. Likely keep shaman as my main, but replace warrior with unholy DK for legion in my focused 3. I'll likely level a warrior to have it leveled, though, because it has always been my favorite class.

Which is saddening because my first impressions of the first arms build were, "Yes! a spiritual equivalent to cata arms. With overpower, opportunity strikes and heroic strike coming back as talents."

Same boat, but apparently I'm the only 13/13M person in the world, or at least my guild, that isn't on the alpha
    You are re not alone, my friend. You are not alone...
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I wonder sometimes how bad things would have to get before I would ever not main my warrior, because it hasn't happened yet and we've been through some pretty dire times in the past.

Those of you who loved the CS smash style of MoP gameplay, do you plan on playing the Judgement window playstyle that ret is getting? Not saying this because I'm maining paladin, just curious because it feels practically the same aside from HoPo instead of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Windehi View Post
    Wait what the fuck? Somebody actually hated MOP fury?
    I think I'm the closest you'll find to someone who disliked 5.4 Fury, and that had more to do with me loving Arms more than I liked Fury.

In all seriousness tho, there where a few back then who complained about Fury not feeling "furious" enough, and that the CS window didn't feel right for Fury. All people are free to have their own opinion about everything, but one could have wished that the people in charge would have listened to the majority, rather than the small minority who disliked it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Rolled Warrior in summer 2005. Done so much with my Warrior that I find to too hard to step away from it. I never had any real alts either. When WoD came it got into a love-hate relationship really. And I actually leveled every other class except DK's and Hunters, just to try it out. Played Rogue and Mage in Mythic HFC to stay away from my Warrior but eventually decided that I just love this class too much to not play it. Combined with all the stuff he's done and vanity stuff he has, cant refuse him.

I'm not happy with Legion's Fury so far, but I'll play it any way. As with every patch and expansion, we'll just manage again. We always have, and always will.

WARRIORS HOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I think I'm the closest you'll find to someone who disliked 5.4 Fury, and that had more to do with me loving Arms more than I liked Fury.

In all seriousness tho, there where a few back then who complained about Fury not feeling "furious" enough, and that the CS window didn't feel right for Fury. All people are free to have their own opinion about everything, but one could have wished that the people in charge would have listened to the majority, rather than the small minority who disliked it.
    5.4 was huge fun to play as both specs IMO. It sucked that arms wasn't more competitive on some of the fight as fury was just too good, but both specs were A LOT of fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll make it work. Played since vanilla, server firsted 50/50 TOTGC and Algalon in WOTLK, 13/13M HFC, by damned will make it work, tank or DPS.

Worse comes to worse, can always DK or Bear tank cheese.

Deleted
    Hey, there is a better solution to do that! Let us suggest to the Blizzard CEO to force Celestalon in rerolling toilette janitor in the Blizzard HQ!

Come on, he is obviously happy with the class design mess he had created but the time has come for him to clean his poop pile!!! Holinka might join him soon^[TM]!

7+ Year Old Account
    One thing I have noticed, they seem to have really done a number on most specs, seems like every class forum is full of salt.

One thing I have noticed, they seem to have really done a number on most specs, seems like every class forum is full of salt.
    It's pretty damn bad for a lot IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    It's pretty damn bad for a lot IMO
    This brought up a question that's on my mind for quite some time, which is why is it that every expansion seems to have pretty drastic class design changes ? At least from Cata onwards

Quote Originally Posted by nativity View Post
    This brought up a question that's on my mind for quite some time, which is why is it that every expansion seems to have pretty drastic class design changes ? At least from Cata onwards
    Because the developers are bad at their jobs. Ok, that's rather flippant, but it's pretty much the point I've reached. They seem to think that players want massive, drastic class redesigns for some reason, even though historically that has not always been well received. This is purely anecdotal and not meant to imply causation, just correlation, but look at the expansions:

Vanilla > BC - Classes get new spells every 2 levels and 2 new tiers of talents. Some overhauls occur, but nothing earth shattering.
    BC > LK - Classes get some new spells and 2 new tiers of talents. Some overhauls occur, but nothing earth shattering.
    LK > Cata - Revamp of talent system; classes are not insanely changed but hybrid specs are eliminated.
    Cata > MoP - Total redesign of talent system; some classes greatly changed.
    MoP > WoD - Talent system remains; massive class changes across the board. Pruning of spells for all specs and classes.
    WoD > Legion - Talent system remains; massive class changes across the board. Addition of PvP talents and Artifact traits.

Seems to me that people were happiest (though complainers will always find things to complain about) in early expansions when changes were relatively limited. Some mechanics were altered and rotations were tightened, but few classes were stripped down and rebuilt from the ground up. In these last two expansions, however, just about every class and spec has been taken apart and redesigned in the name of ability pruning or "class fantasy." I sorta defended the great pruning of WoD because the devs argued that it would let them add to the game again, since we would no longer be overwhelmed by abilities. But that's not what's happening in Legion - they're just taking it all apart again, removing more shit, and redesigning rather than iterating and adding.

I don't get it. It feels like the devs think they need busy work rather than actually building upon and growing the classes and specs that we have. So, that's why I say they seem to be bad at their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Because the developers are bad at their jobs. Ok, that's rather flippant, but it's pretty much the point I've reached. They seem to think that players want massive, drastic class redesigns for some reason, even though historically that has not always been well received. This is purely anecdotal and not meant to imply causation, just correlation, but look at the expansions:

Vanilla > BC - Classes get new spells every 2 levels and 2 new tiers of talents. Some overhauls occur, but nothing earth shattering.
    BC > LK - Classes get some new spells and 2 new tiers of talents. Some overhauls occur, but nothing earth shattering.
    LK > Cata - Revamp of talent system; classes are not insanely changed but hybrid specs are eliminated.
    Cata > MoP - Total redesign of talent system; some classes greatly changed.
    MoP > WoD - Talent system remains; massive class changes across the board. Pruning of spells for all specs and classes.
    WoD > Legion - Talent system remains; massive class changes across the board. Addition of PvP talents and Artifact traits.

I don't get it. It feels like the devs think they need busy work rather than actually building upon and growing the classes and specs that we have. So, that's why I say they seem to be bad at their jobs.
    You'd find me in agreement. Class design has not been positive in WoD/Legion. I'd even argue that across the board it's at an all time low in Legion. Sure warriors are better than WoD (arms just barely), but WoD was god awful for warriors lol.

And if you go to the PvP side of things it's by far the worst for all classes because of the removal of non damaging abilities. All you do is PvE faceroll at each other for 90% of the match.