Deleted

Need help building a gaming PC

Hello there,

Currently I am looking to build my own pc for the first time. In the past I have always bought a PC ready with everything or a laptop ( for university ).

But, to be honest I have no clue on where to look right now and I do not know what the best options are for me as I don't understand much of it currently, so I was wondering if any of you can help me out. I have been reading mmo-champion for years ( ever since wotlk ) but I never bothered to make an account here, so excuse me for not having any posts.

I want to buy the parts 1 month before legion and they all have to come from Amazon pretty much. But I guess I can just check the prices and availability if I get any tips on builds myself.

Budget: €1250-€1500
    Resolution: 1080p ( not sure if this is what's being ment here? found some stuff on it, but to be honest whatever is best to play WoW - as it is my main game).
    Games / Settings Desired: I would like to play Legion on ultra settings with a decent fps, preferably 60+ ( and this would be in a 20 man mythic raid ). Also, I might give a bit of fun-streaming a go but I don't think it would be anything professional.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Only for streaming, might use a bit of photoshop as well. Hots, LoL, that's about it.
    Country: Netherlands ( I can buy from german amazon store ).
    Parts that can be reused/Do you need an OS? I don't have anythign that can be reused. My laptop has a windows key but I am not sure if I can reuse it on my computer-to-be (any1 know about this?)
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? I will need a Monitor and a keyboard.

The reason for me needing a new gaming-pc is that my current laptop most likely will not be able to run Legion properly ( or even at all ) because I do not meet some of the lowest requirements.

Thanks in advance guys,

Kind regards,
    kevashy
    Last edited by mmoc4f22f66285; 2016-04-29 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    Why amazon? It will be a lot cheaper to get the parts from Dutch stores.

Deleted
    Hmm, I could give that a try as well. Might go and look for part's prices at some stores. But Amazon isn't really expensive anyway and you get everything sent to your home most of the time ( I live close to the border) and many times on other things I got cheaper deals through Amazon, it's from my personal experience that I prefer Amazon.d

Also, I think some of those stores likely sell via Amazon as well.
    Last edited by mmoc4f22f66285; 2016-04-29 at 01:13 PM.

PC parts can be rly expensive on amazon 20-50€ per part price difference are normal, sometimes 1-2 parts are cheaper there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    PC parts can be rly expensive on amazon 20-50€ per part price difference are normal, sometimes 1-2 parts are cheaper there.
    Well, then it is a good thing I made this post or I would have spent too much money ! The only stores I know of close to me are Media markt ( Saturn ? ) I think and we had a few shops close in the last few years where I used to buy my WoW gamecard and a game every now and then ( Dynabyte I think it was called and another whose name I forgot ).

Deleted
    Have a look in the pricewatch from Tweakers.nl

And every shop in the Netherlands will send it to you I will have a look later for a build. But you can have a look at the BBGs from tweakers for some ideas

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    alternate/nl or azerty.nl are good stores in holland to order and get all the stuff send to you.

Don't go for amazon, like said before: stuff is overpriced there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    alternate/nl or azerty.nl are good stores in holland to order and get all the stuff send to you.

Don't go for amazon, like said before: stuff is overpriced there.
    Ok, so quick example ( maybe I was just lucky - this is the first product I picked which I probably might need ):

The Samsung 850 EVO series 500gb ssd on

azerty for : €149,

amazon for : €138,50

Link for azerty (dutch ) :
    h t t p s : // goo (DOT HERE) gl/rUwLQ9

Link for amazon ( german ) :
    h t t p : / /goo (DOT HERE ) gl/AEpYvk

There might be a few minor differences I did not notice, though but from the looks of it this particular product is cheaper when bought through Amazon. This may be an individual case, I just picked one randomly quickly. I read people talking that the samsung evo is a good ssd when i was skimming through the other threads here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    All nice and dandy, and you will find more differences between shops / amazon and what not.

I would recommend ordering at a dutch store, even tho it might be a tad more expensive.
    Customer support / RMA / warranty / contact with the store will be a lot easier.

Deleted
    The following costs around 1300-1400 euro if you order it al at Afuture.nl. The W10 license you can get somewhere else. Just look the prices up on Tweakers.nl

Intel Core i5-6500 Boxed € 199,-

Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P € 80,95

Gigabyte GV-R938XG1 GAMING-4GD € 215,-

WD Blue WD30EZRZ, 3TB € 82,99

Fractal Design Define R5 Zwart € 101,-

Dell Ultrasharp U2414H (860-BBCW) Zilver, Zwart € 237,-

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro NL 64bit OEM € 47,98

Kingston HyperX Fury HX421C14FBK2/16 € 67,88

Corsair RM550x € 90,95

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB € 144,99

This is about the minimum I would look at. You can easily ditch the HDD or get a lower capacity one. Same for the case, can also be cheaper.
    I picked an IPS 1080p screen. Others can probably help more here.
    I picked 16GB RAM, because it is cheap atm. You can easily drop down to 8 GB.

Seeing as Legion releases in August (I think), I would not buy it now. New GPUs are coming before then, I would advice to buy such a new card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    The following costs around 1300-1400 euro if you order it al at Afuture.nl. The W10 license you can get somewhere else. Just look the prices up on Tweakers.nl

Seeing as Legion releases in August (I think), I would not buy it now. New GPUs are coming before then, I would advice to buy such a new card.
    Thanks a lot for the list. Legion does indeed release in August ( 30th, to be exact ) and I too have read here that the GPUs are coming before then. Going to have a look at the list now looking good so far.
    Last edited by mmoc4f22f66285; 2016-04-29 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    That is just the basic list.

You still have money left in your budget. so you could also look into the 6600k + Z170 mobo. The 6600k allows for overclocking, if you would like to toy around with that. It doesn't matter much for most games, although WoW might show some increase in framerates. Depending on how serious you want to stream and stuff like that, you could also look for a 6700 or 6700K. Again, the K allows for OCing.

As for the GPU, wait it out. This is just a placeholder I put in there. We have a rough estimate how the new cards from AMD will perform. Someone from AMD said 980ti performance for 300-400 dollars/euros. So that would be the price of the 970/390 but with the 980ti/fury X performance. Which is way to much for wow. But this could mean that you could get 390/970 performance for 200 dollars/euros. How Nvidia will perform, no idea. Might be that Nvidia will be a lot faster but costs a lot more, whereas AMD will sit with a very good price/performance bracket. We will see, it will be interesting