Legacy oof the Mage out this week!

Preach has done it again! In-depth retrospective of the mage through vanilla!!! Sooooo good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MYD49jdDIM

I loved it!

He was dead on.

Vanilla = Frost until Naxx, got my 250k combust ticks stolen.
    BC = worked hard, got benched to locks for SWP progression, still manages 2.5k dps
    Wrath = Arcane Power + Icy Veins was win... adding Spirit to crit was not
    Cata = LEGENDARY, 3 million combusts, combusts in BGs, combusts on ER'thang
    MoP = Arcane was good times, snapshotting sucked
    WoD = hate reliance on special trinket procs, legendary I have no control over

Glad this video came out actually - all the talk about "pristine" or vanilla servers - I would NEVER level as a mage again with vanilla talents, questing, etc. 5 points to make Arcane Explosion instant? Threat reduction? WAND SPEC!? *shudder*

Long Live the Mage!

Deleted
    It's funny but I doubt it's complete. e.g. Cata was definitely not just combusts. I'm pretty sure we went Arcane for most of Firelands apart from Alysrazor (which was hilarious).

I've no idea what was going on during Vanilla and TBC and that was educational. I hope it was accurate. I wouldn't be surprised if the TBC bit is a bit exaggerated.

I like the mention of the Rune of Power fiasco. I found it extremely bad when I first saw it designed. I almost feel guilty that when it happened that I stopped playing at that time I didn't give more feedback about it.

Best part is "the attitude of the mage" "Fuck you, I ain't doing that shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Best part is "the attitude of the mage" "Fuck you, I ain't doing that shit"
    I was pretty generous with my mage cookies and portals back in the day. I guess I was more of the ' silent ' type than the ' Fuck you ' type.

It was a decent video, but he glossed over so much and had a really narrow PvE outlook. For instance he made no mention of Cata Frost PvP (we were literal Gods of control then), or MoP Fire PvP (the highest skill cap our class has ever had in any type of game-play).

Liked the Warlock one, the DI part of that video hit me spot on as a Warlock during all of Cata. I hope he gets to doing a Hunter one, that one would be really nostalgic for me!