Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Besides the AQ event, silithus was one of the worst zones in vanilla tbh.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I love the atmosphere. It's uncomfortable. I really think there should be a Black Market there and an arena. A new crazy city. Something creepy.
    Another titan facility buzzing with Silithid? Yes please.

One of my first fraps experiments

(Yes I was in ICC gear, I had to (mostly) solo farm my TF Q_Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I liked it back when it was a endgame zone. Lots of people there, so you could group up if needed. And from time to time someone did the thunderfury q, and it was fun to watch.
    The zone was dangerous and had raids in it- now it is "just" a zone with a design that is somewhat unique, but still just a zone. I still like how it is connected design with tanaris etc.

But now- if i level a char - I always go to hellfire at level 58, so never get to do a lot of quests in silithus :/ would be cool if blizzard made old zones relevant again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    its the worst zone in game imo.
    Badly designed, only half done zone, put in hastily in order to have a place for AQ. I get a bit of a WoD feeling from that zone. They had plans for it, but cut all the content and did bad QA.

Prior to Cata it is where I would wrap up leveling to move onto BC content. Now I skip it and pretty much all questing really after 30 or 40. Its too bad too, they went and redid a bunch of zones, but now you just skip them completely. Between boa xp boosts and guild boost you can level through dungeons entirely if you wanted to and rarely repeat the same one. Do the quests in the dungeon get a lvl or 2 from the run and queue up and get new dungeons.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I tend to get the last few levels before Outland in Silithus on most characters, I kinda like it too. I think it's to do with that the zone wasn't changed much at all with Cataclysm, it's still very similar to its vanilla state and a bit of nostalgia.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

it was fun farming rep, twilight texts, also doing the 3 summonable bosses with the council gear was pretty fun.

Since it launched I've never liked it. It's just... two colours, two really unappealing colours. Questing wasn't fun either so I've never revisited it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Another titan facility buzzing with Silithid? Yes please.
    I think it'd be cool if the Silithid in the new market/arena area started out hostile and you could complete objectives to gain rep with them and gain access to the city. It'd be some faction that's allied with the silithid,now. Wouldn't mind a world boss there either.

Deleted
    I prefer Lion's Landing by 10000%

Much cuter, beautiful and caring zone. Fuck...i think i am addicted. I'm doomed -__-

I loved when the zone was totally empty. Nothing there. No quests. Remember those days? Meant I never had to step foot in that ugly zone. And I like ancient ruins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Thorium/arcane crystal farming is the only purpose of that zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of pre-Cataclysm Desolace and Hellfire Peninsula, it's probably the most bland looking zone the game has ever had. The questing hasn't aged well either. Even for its time it was a bad zone questing-wise.

If it wasn't such a good zone for farming Thorium and Arcane Crystals (as noted by Arrashi), and didn't contain two raid zones and two reputation factions, I doubt it'd see much love post Gates event.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2016-04-30 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Played in Silithus when it was new, saw the AQ Server Opening Event live and all I would still say about Silithus is:

SAND LOL!

Most players hated the SAND LOL 1.12 Prepatch notes.
    Most players hated the SAND LOL Patch after went live.
    Most players hated the SAND LOL Content for the time beeing.

Worst Area/Content/PvP Idea in the history of WoW.
    -

I remember the excitement of seeing a class ability upgrade drop in AQ20. And the neat model for Kurrinaxx.

Anyway, cool zone, and one I still visit from time-to-time for the ambience. It seems appropriate that it's been intentionally forgotten once more.

Deleted
    The shifting sands questchain was great. It also had 1-2 nice questchains... but outside that it was mostly a Cenarion Circle farming reputation ground if I remember right. With summoning of some bosses here and there by collecting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    its the worst zone in game imo.
    Yeah I wish they'd remade it in Cata personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I agree it has a certain kind of charm - I liked the desert theme of Silithus even more than Tanaris.

I really loved Silithus. It hasn't been relevant since Classic WoW (since most people started heading on to Outland at 58 once BC came out), but it was definitely one of the best endgame zones. I love the overall theme with the music and atmosphere. Tanaris (pre Cataclysm) is also one of my favorite zones in the game, and Silithus is very much like it. Also kind of cool that it's one of the few Classic WoW zones that barely (if at all) got touched by Cataclysm.

Also loved how it was one of the first zones that encouraged world PvP. I'm not sure if those objectives are still there, but iirc, you could do a lot to get zone-wide buffs for your faction.

It is kind of a shame that a lot of end zones get skipped during the leveling process in favor of the next expansion's content, because a lot of those zones were really awesome (Silithus, Netherstorm, Icecrown, etc). Although now that I think about it, I usually continue playing through those zones even after I'm "supposed" to move on, and it's kind of nice on a PvP server when you can quest in them zones without being bothered.

edit: also, those Cenarion Hold guards were mean. They would fuck your world up if you tried to start any kind of shit. It was always fun when some assclown tried to attack me and got rekt by them.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-30 at 02:44 PM.