10+ Year Old Account

New Patch: WvW questions

Anyone try out WvW with the new patch?
    Are there actually people playing it now?
    Did they make meaningful changes to the Map?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Are there actually people playing it now?
    I ported onto the three maps yesterday, didn't see any map activity or commander packs at all over the course of a quick 10 minute scan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I ported onto the three maps yesterday, didn't see any map activity or commander packs at all over the course of a quick 10 minute scan.
    Awwwwww.

=o[

I want WvW to be good. I read the recent patch notes, but they didn't seem to me like they were be "the changes we're looking for". But I had hoped it breathed new life into the zone. Guess not.

Idk, they seemed a lot busier to me but I suppose it depends on what servers you are on and what times you hop in at. People are certainly more engaged now that they have actual things to talk about and give feedback on.

Deleted
    On desolation, EB constantly has a queue. Even some of the borderlands at some times. It really depends on which server you play on, but since the update, also which server you get teamed up with

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    On desolation, EB constantly has a queue. Even some of the borderlands at some times. It really depends on which server you play on, but since the update, also which server you get teamed up with
    6 min wait on EB for me. I am on Sea of Sorrows which never used to have any queues. I had to move there because my wife wanted to play and my previous server was full (TC).

Yes, I've done something over 80 hours since the patch.

Yes, people are playing. While it will depend on your server, my server (TC) has had EB permanently queued. Even during off hours.

Yes they made pretty big changes to the Desert Borderlands. They are mostly to help roamers, you will still need to familiarize yourself with the map to get the most out of it, but they're good changes.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.