Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Your opinion on spending money in game?

Hearthstone is a huge cash grab. More so than any other game I have played. I enjoy playing the game, but I find that players who spend hundreds of dollars in game will have a massive advantage over those who choose to play for free.

Deleted
    You are completely right and now all the players that have spent hundreds of dollars in game will be along to tell you you're wrong.
    But they're wrong and you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    You are completely right and now all the players that have spent hundreds of dollars in game will be along to tell you you're wrong.
    But they're wrong and you're right.
    actually we're just here to brag for a month, have fun crushing everyone with all the new cards and then return to the shadows until a new expansion starts. We also have the very limited opportunity to use less powerful legendaries such as the boogeyman to good use.

Funny side note, people like use will also lose games purposely in ranked to go back up to higher ones. Only works in ranked q as whenever we go into casual we end up fighting people just like ourselves or try hards. Casual is like our own personal ranked que where you just see how big a of a streak you can get.

I wouldn't spend money, I've opened about 40 packs of wog, it's imo not worth what it would have cost me in cash. I'm totally f2p, eventually u can build a couple of tier 1 decks and u can get good at arena til then.

This is not a pay to win game, I didn't start buying packs until this most recent expansion. The adventures are a different story but you can also save gold for these. I started shortly after the game launched, did my daily quests and played arena in the hopes of going infinite. I didn't, but I got plenty of packs along the way.

If you simply play the game, you are rewarded with gold and packs on a consistent basis. There are plenty of decks that use only a few legendaries, eventually you will be able to craft whichever deck you most want to play.

It's a game, you have to pay for most games if you want to play them. But as far as most games go, especially card games specifically, this is a very cheap game and possible to play without spending much money.

Also Standard format is a godsend for casual free-to-play players. If you missed out on getting cards from earlier expansions you don't have to go back and get them, they aren't useable. If you got some cards from earlier expansions you can dust them to make the new ones.

EDIT: I mean, they literally give you 13 free packs and a free legendary this week.
    Last edited by Yemkela; 2016-04-29 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've bought every single adventure that has come out with cash but ALL the cards I've gotten have been exclusively via gold. The only reason why I bought the adventures is because I play them regularly and I LOVE the replay value they have, specially the class challenges.

Heroic modes can go diaf btw

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a TCG, I don't really see the point of the discussion. Obviously if you buy more cards and have a better chance at better cards you have an advantage because you can play more things and dodge counters. But there's really cheap decks that can hit Legend without too much trouble as well, so if you're using it as an excuse you just suck.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

It's a card game, every card game is like this, go try to play MTG without spending money.

At least in HS you have a chance to get cards for free. Physical card games don't offer that.

I like to spend a little money just to get a chunk of new cards to play with. It makes the game more fun for me. There have been people that have got to legend rank F2P so it is possible if you are dedicated enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonatine185 View Post
    Hearthstone is a huge cash grab. More so than any other game I have played. I enjoy playing the game, but I find that players who spend hundreds of dollars in game will have a massive advantage over those who choose to play for free.
    The cards don't win any game, it is your skill and persistence to survive variance and bad streaks.
    Getting legend is a question of time and hundreds of games with 2-3 consistent decks where you switch between an Aggro or Facerush Deck, Tempo, Zoo or Control.
    Of course the more cards you have, the more depth and options your decks have.
    Of course some cards just have more value in certian decks. But the "road from f2p to legend" has been done ALWAYS since the HS beta.

And *IF* this game was pay to win, I would win every match with my full golden fun decks that contain 10 legendary cards, wouldn't I? ;-)

Deleted
    It's pathetic.

Friend of mine put over 150 euros into the expac yet complains of being strapped for cash whenever we organize a get together or go out. gave him both barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    It's pathetic.

Friend of mine put over 150 euros into the expac yet complains of being strapped for cash whenever we organize a get together or go out. gave him both barrels.
    It's pathetic to spend YOUR OWN money on YOUR OWN hobby?

What do you spend money on? Because I'm sure it's pathetic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    It's pathetic.

So he must have bought about 150 packs if joined the pre purchase hype. This should allow him building 5 consistent, top and different class decks easily?
    What does he complain about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always found it funny that the F2P leeches keep hating on those of us who can afford to spend money on the game when we're the sole reason the game is able to be played for free in the first place.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh look. It's this thread again.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

It's less pay to win from a solo players point of view than any other card game to ever exist basically.

It's really nothing new when it comes to card games. You spend money to get more packs, except with physical card games, you can't rip up your own cards and tape them into a new one.

Deleted
    Is it this time of the month again?

Every TCG can be considered "pay to win" the more money you spend on acquiring cards the better your chances are at having the rarer and better cards. For example if you only bought 1 booster pack of the Pokemon TCG back in the day, you'd have no luck of standing up against players who had spent $65+ on a booster pack case with a guaranteed chance of 1 super rare card, 12 holographic cards, and 36 rares (i know the ratio since thats what i did :P )

At least with Hearthstone, it rewards players with in-game currency to buy packs simply by playing the game casually. Is it a cash grab? Yes, to the impatient, but to those who casually play, like myself, we get along just fine.

I'm glad you feel that way. Its good that you vocalized this, because I don't think anyone else has yet to do so.
    It may greatly impact people's opinion if they see this post.

JK. You are 2 years too late brother.
    The game is of course a cash grab, and you have an advantage ONLY because you are able to get the cards FASTER. You not spending a dollar just means you have to play way more in order to get same cards.
    The cards them self aren't the advantage though - its just the speed at which you can earn / craft them.

Regardless, you shouldn't expect a video game to be free.
    Hell, good luck playing a proper irl TCG for free. You are going to have to do some stealing, me thinks.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Hell, good luck playing a proper irl TCG for free. You are going to have to do some stealing, me thinks.
    Or have a friend who just happens to have so many good cards they don't care about giving them away for free (Which, chances are, if the cards are really that good, they'd rather hold onto them and sell them).

God forbid a card game that requires you to spend money to improve. Kinda like most of the real world card games right?