Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Mythinc Frost Trinkets Non EDH...

been messing with and enjoying Frost again and doing rather decent DPS. SimC never worked for Frost as we all know so I am looking for personal/expert opinions for a 2nd trinket

M UeH with a socket? Seen a few guys with it recently. Is it worth it over a Heroic EDH?
    With NP spec, what set up to use?
    Defile= same question

Main trinket is MWF DC of course.
    On M Tyrant, Fel Lord, Gore, and now Manny I been using Gronn Tooth with M DC

cannot get a good pug to test the M UeH with socket over a H EDH with Defile and with NP

thanks in advance
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    been messing with and enjoying Frost again and doing rather decent DPS. SimC never worked for Frost as we all know so I am looking for personal/expert opinions for a 2nd trinket

M UeH with a socket? Seen a few guys with it recently. Is it worth it over a Heroic EDH?
    With NP spec, what set up to use?
    Defile= same question

Main trinket is MWF DC of course.
    On M Tyrant, Fel Lord, Gore, and now Manny I been using Gronn Tooth with M DC

cannot get a good pug to test the M UeH with socket over a H EDH with Defile and with NP

thanks in advance
    Vial + Stone of Elements can produce some pretty big ring explosions if your fully geared since they scale abit better with gear than EDH + DC

I'll just note that your going to want to use EDH no matter what. It is by far the strongest trinket for frost. As your other trinket options it would be UeH for ST, DC for AoE, and Grontooth for demon fights.

If you where really anti edh (not sure why but w/e) I'd use:
    Reaver: UeH/Vial
    Korm: UeH/DC
    Council: UeH/DC
    Killrog: UeH/Vial
    Gorefiend: UeH/Grontooth
    Iskar: UeH/DC
    Socrathar: UeH/Vial
    Fel Lord: UeH/Grontooth
    Tyrant: UeH/Grontooth
    Xhul: DC/Grontooth
    Manno: DC/Grontooth
    Archie: UeH/Grontooth

Again, EDH will be your best bet for frost, even a heroic one, imo.

As for NP/Defile, both will pretty much use the same trinkets, with defile being better if you can get most of the ticks in. Should be able to do this on almost every fight unless your tanks hate you.

I'm sure Fried will post and correct any of this that is incorrect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    I'll just note that your going to want to use EDH no matter what. It is by far the strongest trinket for frost. As your other trinket options it would be UeH for ST, DC for AoE, and Grontooth for demon fights.

If you where really anti edh (not sure why but w/e) I'd use:
    Reaver: UeH/Vial
    Korm: UeH/DC
    Council: UeH/DC
    Killrog: UeH/Vial
    Gorefiend: UeH/Grontooth
    Iskar: UeH/DC
    Socrathar: UeH/Vial
    Fel Lord: UeH/Grontooth
    Tyrant: UeH/Grontooth
    Xhul: DC/Grontooth
    Manno: DC/Grontooth
    Archie: UeH/Grontooth

Again, EDH will be your best bet for frost, even a heroic one, imo.

As for NP/Defile, both will pretty much use the same trinkets, with defile being better if you can get most of the ticks in. Should be able to do this on almost every fight unless your tanks hate you.

Lol yeah some fights defile is good. Have not got it down yet for m manny and ad spawns yet. Been using NP for that last two raids.

I was under the assumption we use edh with defile only
    Filthy Casual

It's still a great trinket and it just gets better with defile. Really just have to practice a bit with defile and you will see nice gains in dps, watch timers and predict tank movement and you will get it in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    bb <3

I wouldn't use gronntooth over UeH on xhul. DC might be worthwhile on socrethar or kilrogg also, depends on how quickly shadowcallers die or if you're going inside visions, respectively. Otherwise I agree, gud list.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    bb <3

I wouldn't use gronntooth over UeH on xhul. DC might be worthwhile on socrethar or kilrogg also, depends on how quickly shadowcallers die or if you're going inside visions, respectively. Otherwise I agree, gud list.
    That's the UH trinket list... m vial is not used with frost

Xhul us not a demon so no gronn tooth
    Filthy Casual

That's the UH trinket list... m vial is not used with frost

Xhul us not a demon so no gronn tooth
    On the contrary, he was listing trinkets to use if one were to not have EDH as frost.

for some reason if your using Frost on a Single target NON-Demon fight

Mythic EDH + M Vial is the best single target Trinket combo for DW Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    for some reason if your using Frost on a Single target NON-Demon fight

Mythic EDH + M Vial is the best single target Trinket combo for DW Frost.
    UeH would definitely surpass vial for frost on single target. Regardless, OP was asking about trinkets do use if one were to not have an EDH.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    UeH would definitely surpass vial for frost on single target. Regardless, OP was asking about trinkets do use if one were to not have an EDH.
    no OP was asking about M UeH w/ socket as DW Frost. OP Has a H EDH. On demon fights- well M Manny progression, I been using BoA and swapping between a MWF DC and H EDH to see which is pulling ahead.. also going back and forth with Defile and NP then testing all trinket combinations again...

I will try M Vial this week for farm stuff and M UeH as well
    Filthy Casual

no OP was asking about M UeH w/ socket as DW Frost. OP Has a H EDH. On demon fights- well M Manny progression, I been using BoA and swapping between a MWF DC and H EDH to see which is pulling ahead.. also going back and forth with Defile and NP then testing all trinket combinations again...

I think it was mostly me not being able to read and based on the title/some of the other stuff it was trinkets to use over EDH, thus the list showing stuff to use instead of EDH. Fried then commented on that fixing some of the trinket choices I made, so I think it was just a bunch of confusion because reading is hard.

Because why not, the trinket list I'd use for frost:
    Reaver: EDH/UeH
    Korm: EDH/UeH
    Council: EDH/UeH
    Killrog: EDH/UeH
    Gorefiend: EDH/UeH/Gron
    Iskar: EDH/DC
    Socrathar: EDH/UeH
    Fel Lord: EDH/UeH/Gron
    Tyrant: EDH/UeH/Gron
    Xhul: EDH/DC
    Manno: EDH/Gron
    Archie: EDH/UeH/Gron

I've gone back and forth between gron/ueh for ST (or mostly) ST demon fights like Fel Lord/Tyrant/Archie so it's somewhat up in the air for those in my mind. Leaning a bit towards UeH on Fel Lord/Tyrant than Gron on Archie. Fried may be able to speak more from experience on these fights(or any of the other ones), as I've killed them minimally as frost.

TL;DR I can't read.

Deleted
    Op when you say decent do you mean similar to unholy? I've gone back and tried DW for the lulz and can't get near it. I'm reasonably good at both specs. My weapons lack a little mastery but otherwise good gear.

Yeah I guess I'm just shit at reading...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Op when you say decent do you mean similar to unholy? I've gone back and tried DW for the lulz and can't get near it. I'm reasonably good at both specs. My weapons lack a little mastery but otherwise good gear.
    i mean I look at the charts and Im neck and neck with the UH DK or above him on all fights. We have similar mythic gear. my signature is my profile to see what I have on.

I apollogize to all if I did not write correctly what I was thinking and used too many abbreviations for gear.

what started this was I got a mace of Mythic Xhul on our first kill and already had everything else so I wanted to give Frost a try since I like it better and its more fun for me personally. Did a few Heroic Archiemonde pugs and saw other frost DKs using a Mythic Unending Hunger with another trinket- either it was Gronn tooth, cause it was Archie, or Empty Drinking Horn of some ilevel.

So I was wondering why the Unending Hunger. Procs strength yes, but all that crit and 75 Mastery IF its socketed..

Some of these frost DKs were running Necrotic Plague too... so i understand not using the EDH with that.

Now there is talk of using the Mythic Vial on shorter fights in upper HellFire... so throw that to the mix.. oy. But what to pair that with and when? Same for Mythic Unending hunger now? And what level 100 talent??

Like I been Unholy for so long, like most top DKs, that none of this ever came up before really... Frost was just a pipe dream and a fun spec to do Mythic 5 mans with or heroic pugs helping a friend. But watching Alpha video on the youTube, I am drawn more to Frost then the new Unholy play style... some say its "simple". I say "it looks fun".

TLDR?
    sorry for confusion. Pick a trinket pair then pick a talent to go with it for upper HFC and Mannoroth progression!

Mythic unending Hunger with a socket
    Mythic vial of convulsions
    Heroic Empty Drinking Horn
    Mythic War Forged Discordian Chorus
    Gronn Tooth for Tyrant, Fel Lord, and Mythic mannoroth

Defile or Necrotic plague?
    Filthy Casual

For upper hfc :

Defile for everything.

Iskar - edh+dc
    Soc - edh + vial or DC(if the caster adds are getting gripped and stay alive a decent amount of time)
    Tyrant - edh+gronntooth
    Xhul - edh+dc
    Fel lord - edh + gronntooth
    Manny - edh + gronntooth(maybe DC if imps are alive long enough)
    Archi - edh+gronntooth.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2016-04-19 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Is there any benefit to DW over unholy for archi progress? From my personal experience DW was well behind frost, but I've only tried it briefly recently.

Frost has better sustainable damage and is better at killing priority targets compared to UH, on the other hand if youre going for 1 doomfire UH has way more burst compared to frost. Note that UH references only to BoS playstyle. It depends alot on what your raid needs tbh, need more burst ?UH BoS. Need more infernal damage or adds damage? Frost or UH necroblight.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2016-04-19 at 11:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    For upper hfc :

Defile for everything.

Iskar - edh+dc
    Soc - edh + vial or DC(if the caster adds are getting gripped and stay alive a decent amount of time)
    Tyrant - edh+gronntooth
    Xhul - edh+dc
    Fel lord - edh + gronntooth
    Manny - edh + gronntooth(maybe DC if imps are alive long enough)
    Archi - edh+gronntooth.
    i tried M vial on Tyrant and I am still shocked how much burst I did. Insane as frost! Did not try Unending Hunger this week in Mythic upper HFC though
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Is there any benefit to DW over unholy for archi progress? From my personal experience DW was well behind frost, but I've only tried it briefly recently.
    The other DK in my raid did DW frost or BoS unholy, while I did necroblight. My burst was consistently higher during the first period where we burn to try to get only 1 doomfire (especially against DW frost), and by the end of the fight we're usually roughly equal if he does DW frost or I'll be ahead by a consistent amount for BoS. The best logs are mostly necroblight for Archie, and I like it for nice add damage, particularly against infernals. I play it so I have all death runes when adds spawn during the down phase so I can just scourge strike my targets down quickly and NP spreads to the adds near the boss on its own.