• bad

13 56.52%
  • good

2 8.70%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brazil was made by immigrants.

...It isn't exactly a hot success right now, but I can't say that they are bad/good/whatever. This is much more complex than a simple poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on their origin. We're quite far down in the scale of desirable destination for immigrants, compared to some central Europe countries, yet we seem to attract lots of people from Romania and Ukraine. I'm ok with people from former African colonies (even though some of them got dumped in ghettos at our capital and now those place are quite the cutthroat neighbourhoods), even the most part of muslims from Turkey that end up here generaly fit right in with our society and don't force their culture/credo down our throat (maybe we've been lucky and get the "good ones"). Ukranians end up working in civil construction but also are quite happy for the oportunities given by our state. The problem surges when we look at spanish/romanian gypsies, or as we tend to call them around here, "professional beggars".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I'll just have to take your word for that, but I bet it isn't.
    Yeah I guess you have to, but then again, I dont really care what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    So all immigrants should fuck off? Germans Swedish Polish Egyptians Americans Japanese.... Everyone back home?
    The difference there is Germans, Americans etc. are easily integrated into our society and doesnt create alot of problems, unlike the muslim hordes invading us from the middle east at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    Brazil was made by immigrants.

...It isn't exactly a hot success right now, but I can't say that they are bad/good/whatever. This is much more complex than a simple poll.
    Damn be that ungrateful prince Pedro.

Just kidding, we lost a vassal but gained a brother state.

I live in the United States.

I am not a Native American.

I damn well better think that immigrants in this country are a good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaranh View Post

The difference there is Germans, Americans etc. are easily integrated into our society and doesnt create alot of problems, unlike the muslim hordes invading us from the middle east at the moment.
    Sure that's not the topic of the thread though or is it?

Deleted

So you dislike Muslims, not immigrants? How do you feel about Jews?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    No idea what that has to do with my comment. You just gave an example of your ancestors who I take are the Aztecs or Mayans, who did not immigrate anywhere.

Yes, it would very hypocritical for me no to welcome people in the U.S. for the only reason my people were here first. Oh I could mention the whole Native American thing about everyone else but them taking their (Native Americans) land.
    Well, YOU yourself are not an immigrant, even if youre from the US. Just because your great great great grandfather or grandmother was, doesnt mean you have to be ok with it or like it and it would not be hypocrisy to be against it. Besides Im only 1/8 Aztec so I consider myself white, just for clarity. Especially considering you cant go back to your roots even if you wanted to as an American citizen.

So in any case, OT, Im only against illegal immigrants and lowering the bar to allow those in who would not be a benefit, but have negative effect on the country.

Couldn't care less where you're from as long as you follow the law and pay for yourself (work).

When people complain about immigration while they sit at home, too lazy to actually get a job, that makes me wonder if we should call Mr Trump and ask him for that guy thats going to handle his water boarding. We could use him to teach people not to bitch as much.

Same goes for people that come over here hoping they can live of the goverment of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well, YOU yourself are not an immigrant, even if youre from the US. Just because your great great great grandfather or grandmother was, doesnt mean you have to be ok with it or like it and it would not be hypocrisy to be against it. Besides Im only 1/8 Aztec so I consider myself white, just for clarity. Especially considering you cant go back to your roots even if you wanted to as an American citizen.

So in any case, OT, Im only against illegal immigrants and lowering the bar to allow those in who would not be a benefit, but have negative effect on the country.
    True, but he probably wouldn't exist if it wasn't for immigrants. Not in this dimension at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on the migrant.

Those who integrate and contribute society I have no issues with.
    But those who come here and do not integrate or contribute, they can fuck off.

Deleted
    So you dislike Muslims, not immigrants? How do you feel about Jews?
    Im quite fine with Jews actually, they dont really bother anyone around here, and just incase you have trouble reading, I also quite specifically stated muslim immigrants, you know, the guys that create all the problems.

Most recent immigrants are muslims, nice try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Sure that's not the topic of the thread though or is it?
    You asked, there's my answer, take it or leave it.
    Last edited by mmoc562c9bc7b0; 2016-04-29 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Couldn't care less where you're from as long as you follow the law and pay for yourself (work).

When people complain about immigration while they sit at home, too lazy to actually get a job, that makes me wonder if we should call Mr Trump and ask him for that guy thats going to handle his water boarding. We could use him to teach people not to bitch as much.

Same goes for people that come over here hoping they can live of the goverment of course.
    So much this. Far too many steeple these days that assume Muslim=bad or Muslim=terrorist because they believe everything they see in the media instead of going out there and thinking for themselves.

Deleted
    True, but he probably wouldn't exist if it wasn't for immigrants. Not in this dimension at least.
    Yea but people arent responsible for things outside their control. Besides, youd be hard pressed to find a single nation whos ancestors didnt murder, rape and pillage.

You cannot really ask "what do you think about immigrants in your country?", because that's nonsense.

It's like asking, "what do you think about americans?", some are smart(Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye), some are stupid(Kim Kardashian), some are fit(Miky Tyson), while others are not(no need examples I think).

I know immigrants who are working for themselves, actually adapting to our culture, trying to tie with the neighborhood and even trying to help everyone other... But I also know some fucking idiots who wants to have Sharia Law, cut other people heads because they don't believe the same God, stealing things from other people or trying to live on a social(welfare) all the time.

You cannot get the clear answer for that.

Deleted
    Im quite fine with Jews actually, they dont really bother anyone around here, and just incase you have trouble reading, I also quite specifically stated muslim immigrants, you know, the guys that create all the problems.

Most recent immigrants are muslims, nice try anyway.

You asked, there's my answer, take it or leave it.
    Those are assholes that just happen to be Muslim. I suggest you learn the difference.

Deleted
    So much this. Far too many steeple these days that assume Muslim=bad or Muslim=terrorist because they believe everything they see in the media instead of going out there and thinking for themselves.
    I noticed your location says Scotland, which is still part of the UK. They recently polled the muslims there and the results were quite horrible. 25% supported establishing sharia law, 51 or was it 56 making gays illegal and other horrible things like taking away womens rights. Most of the "nice" Muslims are the westernized ones but can you actually name a single country with Muslim majority that respects human rights and basic freedoms?

Deleted
    Controlled immigration in smaller numbers? Perfectly fine from anywhere.
    Uncontrolled masses with a completely different (and subjectively worse) way of life coming in? Extremely destructive to the country.

I'm in the US and live in the tri state area were we have a large diversity of immigrants. Most are very hard working and come for better opportunities for their families and loved one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, there's already far too much racism and such in this thread, so I can see it isn't going to lead anywhere productive. Locking this here.