Thread: battlefield 5

battlefield 5

so next week they are releasing info on it according to dice and ea so i dont know about you guys but im excited i mean rumors for bf5 is that its going back to the world wars which is awesome af i mean nazis vs the allies yeah buddy
    mr pickles

Wrong forum...

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to a more appropriate forum.

Hope it's ww2 again.

WWII or WWI is the only way I'm playing this one. BF3 was cool when it first released but it's been all down hill since then. The best time was when Dice Swe handed off BF3 to Dice LA and Dice LA fixed everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I would enjoy some WW2 again. I think the most recent WW2 FPS I played was like 1943 or World at War, both of which were like seven years ago at this point... A modern engine and modern hardware could really do justice to some set piece battles that looked pretty meh back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah I would enjoy some WW2 again. I think the most recent WW2 FPS I played was like 1943 or World at War, both of which were like seven years ago at this point... A modern engine and modern hardware could really do justice to some set piece battles that looked pretty meh back in the day.
    Town maps with WWII weapons, armor would be a ton of fun with frostbites destruction model. Knocking down bell towers, banging holes through walls to make different routes in the town. But not over done how BF3 and BF4 started to go. I thought they did it best in BFBC2.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are doing a live stream pre-show all day on the Twitch Battlefield channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/battlefield?sf45978028=1

The reveal is at 4pm EST.

- - - Updated - - -

People are teasing that it is an alternate history version of WW1.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-05-06 at 02:33 PM.

Nothing at all suggests this is alternate history. Everything on him is proper WW1 gear. Great job accidentally revealing this though Microsoft, you bunch of apes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Nothing at all suggests this is alternate history. Everything on him is proper WW1 gear. Great job accidentally revealing this though Microsoft, you bunch of apes.
    Dang someone is losing their job... And Microsoft is forever losing the inside scoop :P

EDIT: Oh and the alternate history tease was some former DICE dev who tweeted that people waiting for the Battlefield 5 reveal should go look up a game that DICE employees (under a different studio) made back in the late 90s called Codename Eagle.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-05-06 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Dang someone is losing their job... And Microsoft is forever losing the inside scoop :P
    Last week Sony accidentally revealed the new CoD name, this week Microsoft does this. How hard is it to just keep shit under wraps

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool if it turns out to be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Last week Sony accidentally revealed the new CoD name, this week Microsoft does this. How hard is it to just keep shit under wraps
    The fact that you guys think this is accidental...