Poll: What game you buying

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Battleborn or Overwatch what one are you getting.

Like the title say what one of the two games are you going to buy.

I been looking at Battleborn videos and I am now kinda tore between getting that or overwatch. I like that BB has the PvE side but I love the charaters and non-loot side of Overwatch.

So what game are you getting and why? Me I am tore between the two and I haven't decided yet.

Also what platform are you getting the game you want on? I am going to be buying whatever one I get for ps4.

I may own both at some point, Just trying to decide what one to get first.

Battleborn Launch Trailer

Overwatch: Origins Edition Announce Trailer
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-02 at 02:11 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Neither, at least for a while. Neither seems terribly interesting to me and I've got my own issues with both developers. Maybe when they're super cheap or something.

Neither. Splatoon is the only gimmick shooter I have ever gave a damn about and I don't see that changing from what I have played of both of these.

I voted for Overwatch by accident lol. I'm getting Battleborn, for a few reasons. I have enjoyed Borderlands with my friends and the characters in Battleborn remind me of Borderlands. Also there is a Story campaign. I also enjoyed the game in the open beta.

I will probably get Overwatch at some point.
    Last edited by Ryzek; 2016-04-29 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch. Not too interested in Battleborn, just waiting for Gearbox to be done with it (The game + DLC) so they can go make Borderlands 3.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Neither, at least for a while. Neither seems terribly interesting to me and I've got my own issues with both developers. Maybe when they're super cheap or something.
    Ya I got issues with both myself (Even more so Gearbox)

But I have considered it and it seems they are not adding a huge season pass price and it seems the PvE story stuff is going to be free.

Hope you can play Battleborn Offline (Pve part) incase I have net issues or they shut it down. Tired of spending $60 for Online Only titles on console.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Got a key for the early access open beta on Overwatch thanks to a generous poster on this forum, so can in a short while judge that one for myself, gameplay and performance.
    Limited budget, and the preference for the collectors edition mean that such a purchase will not be for quite some time anyway.

So voted Overwatch in the meantime, as that is my current plan when circumstances allow.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I voted for Overwatch by accident lol. I'm getting Battleborn, for a few reasons. I have enjoyed Borderlands with my friends and the characters in Battleborn remind me of Borderlands. Also there is a Story campaign. I also enjoyed the game in the open beta.

I will probably get Overwatch at some point.
    The charaters in Battleborn seem awesome I admit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Got a key for the early access open beta on Overwatch thanks to a generous poster on this forum, so can in a short while judge that one for myself, gameplay and performance.
    Limited budget, and the preference for the collectors edition mean that such a purchase will not be for quite some time anyway.
    Ya new car has made my budget quite limited as well. So I am trying to decide what one will hold me over the longest. Ill be trading in a couple games I got to buy the one I want.

Neither. On one hand you have a Blizzard game, not a company whos been making things ive enjoyed in recent years, on the other the mere mention of blundermemes is enough to make me lose all interest.

I can just load up TF2 any time i want to experience a cash shop with shooter minigames.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting Battleborn, because they have Story and Split screen co-op. Multiplayer only shooters never manage to hold my attention for more than a dozen hours or so. PvE pads out the value on a game for me, alot (And yes, i know Overwatch is cheaper than Battleborn).

I'll get Overwatch eventually i guess, when i find it on a sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already bought Overwatch Origins Edition. Game is incredible. So much fun. From the moment it was announced I knew Blizzard had made something good but I seriously think they might have struck gold in the FPS genre. I think it's going to be extremely popular, especially if they keep adding stuff to it like characters, maps and modes. Battleborn is a totally different game (more of a MOBA) and I hear bad things but I'll still look into it once reviews are out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I can just load up TF2 any time i want to experience a cash shop with shooter minigames.
    Not sure if you're implying that Overwatch will be like this but it isn't. There's no cash shop at all. They've made it clear that it's buy once and everything's free, all heroes are unlocked, etc. I don't even think TF2 is like that, is it? I know they have cosmetics but that's it, no? Even if they opened a cosmetic shop at some point down the road, it doesn't take away from the fact that it's just an FPS with no stats or anything to improve and cosmetics really don't matter.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Not sure if you're implying that Overwatch will be like this but it isn't. There's no cash shop at all. They've made it clear that it's buy once and everything's free, all heroes are unlocked, etc. I don't even think TF2 is like that, is it? I know they have cosmetics but that's it, no? Even if they opened a cosmetic shop at some point down the road, it doesn't take away from the fact that it's just an FPS with no stats or anything to improve and cosmetics really don't matter.
    Calm down man, just a hats joke.

Neither most likely as I'm not really an fps player. I was interested in trying out Overwatch if it was free but I'm not spending that much on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Right now no but there will be one. They are only going to sell cosmetics and I am 100% fine with that.

They sell hats and I get maps/charaters.

Got both. Like the look of both games and know I'm going to play them both.

Overwatch; the premise of the story (thus far) makes it a spiritual successor to Star Trek, the gameplay is engaging (been in beta for the past two months) and reconstructs the old quake style shooters I enjoyed, the art style is clear and concise while yet being stylistic, and it's B2P with free updates!

Deleted
    Overwatch, obviously. Battleborn is crap with irritating Wildstar graphic style, and Paladins is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Overwatch, obviously. Battleborn is crap with irritating Wildstar graphic style, and Paladins is a joke.
    What about it do you think is crap?

Also its graphics are more closer to Borderlands (There other game) then wildstar.

Battleborn hurts my eyes. Plus I liked overwatch gameplay A LOT more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaning towards Battleborn, will decide after Overwatch beta. I'll at least get Battleborn when it goes on sale.

Overwatch looks like TF2: Blizzard Edition. Not sure how much I like Tf2 for $30.

Battleborn gives you more upfront tats for sure. In the event that both games have weak launches (D3 type backlash, not necessarily sales), Blizzard will support their game the longest where we know Gearbox will probably just fully support the development of BL3.

Resident Cosplay Progressive