Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral mains. How are you in Legion?

I know Legion is still in alpha, but I reached level 100 on my Druid and was contemplating on playing Feral over my Hunter. Are they doing well in Legion?

If they dont change some talents, artifact powers, scalling with haste and give us a better toolkit, we will be the worst meele.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandeleon View Post
    If they dont change some talents, artifact powers, scalling with haste and give us a better toolkit, we will be the worst meele.
    You too? I see everyone saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    You too? I see everyone saying this.
    No you don't lol

There is a lot of stuff that many people would like to see. And the same sentiment can be felt for every DPS spec in the game. Go look at the class feedback forums and you aren't going to find anyone who is 100% pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandeleon View Post
    If they don't change some talents, artifact powers, scalling with haste and give us a better toolkit, we will be the worst meele.
    1. Talents aren't going to be redesigned at this point
    2. Artifacts aren't going to be redesigned at this point (balancing these hasn't even started yet)
    3. Haste scaling is a large problem to fix, and haste affecting bleeds is basically never going to happen unless they change their stance on all melee DoTs
    4. Not really sure what you mean by toolkit, if you mean utility, we stand a chance to see the return of the increased range on Stampeding roar, but we aren't going to get anything new and flashy.

Feral is getting some good changes in the right direction with Legion, we will undoubtedly be in a better spot overall than we ended up in HFC. If you don't like what you see now, don't expect anything to change.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    No you don't lol

There is a lot of stuff that many people would like to see. And the same sentiment can be felt for every DPS spec in the game. Go look at the class feedback forums and you aren't going to find anyone who is 100% pleased.
    Tbh, there is way to little feedback for the Ferals so it's the once in the alpha owns fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Tbh, there is way to little feedback for the Ferals so it's the once in the alpha owns fault.
    Completely untrue

When changes were still being made we had multiple pages for every build. We got Celestalon in Discord to discuss some stuff and got some good changes. Major changes are done, and most of the discussion is over. Threads now boil down to bug reports and re-iteration on the feedback that has already been given.

There are plenty of classes/specs who will throw a tantrum kicking and screaming to get their way. This has never been the case for the majority of Feral players.

If anything, the short threads for the last couple of builds reinforce that most ferals like myself who have done the testing and provided feedback are generally on the same page about what we don't like and what we did like.

My Character

Completely untrue

When changes were still being made we had multiple pages for every build. We got Celestalon in Discord to discuss some stuff and got some good changes. Major changes are done, and most of the discussion is over. Threads now boil down to bug reports and re-iteration on the feedback that has already been given.

There are plenty of classes/specs who will throw a tantrum kicking and screaming to get their way. This has never been the case for the majority of Feral players.

If anything, the short threads for the last couple of builds reinforce that most ferals like myself who have done the testing and provided feedback are generally on the same page about what we don't like and what we did like.
    I don't feel this is true at all. From reading the Feral Alpha feedback it seems like Feral is completely unusable in any competitive way. Read all of Pawkets feedback, how many of those issues have been corrected? There are huge outstanding issues for Feral which I don't see in other class feedback threads. You can't even begin to give useful feedback on the smaller stuff yet, which is what the other classes are doing now.

The stated reason why some Ferals have stopped giving feedback is because nothing has been done with the feedback they have given for the past several months.

Was seriously considering switching to Feral in Legion but the negative feedback here is making me likely to stay Enhance.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I don't feel this is true at all. From reading the Feral Alpha feedback it seems like Feral is completely unusable in any competitive way. Read all of Pawkets feedback, how many of those issues have been corrected? There are huge outstanding issues for Feral which I don't see in other class feedback threads. You can't even begin to give useful feedback on the smaller stuff yet, which is what the other classes are doing now.

The stated reason why some Ferals have stopped giving feedback is because nothing has been done with the feedback they have given for the past several months.
    I should clarify - Kojiyama, Pawkets and several other Ferals made an almost heroic effort to help Blizzard fix Feral.

Unfortunately Blizzard made practically no effort at all and failed miserably.

Ferals arnt looking to bad atm

I'm enjoying my feral on Beta, only problems with it i have are Shreds sound effects is loud and gets annoying fast. I also miss being able to cast Rejuv in cat form, will definitely say that lvl'ing wise you will want to take the Resto affinity talent

Feral on Main, feral on Beta, and I'm not having this horrid doom and gloom mindset that others are. With Moment of Clarity being a good competitor to Bloodtalons, giving the play a bit smoother feel, I actually prefer feral in Beta.

Most of the complaints are about quality of life things. Like SR being unable to be applied pre-pull. Some people think SR is a bit short, I don't really agree but that isn't a huge issue.

And then there is the feral artifact. Nothing is particularly bad aside from Ashamane's Bite, which is a 7.5% chance to proc from FB. The trait itself is fairly weak when it does proc, and with how little we hit FB, procs will be exceedingly rare, and I doubt people will take the trait until they are filling out everything, because many of the minor artifact traits provide more of a gain per point than Ashamane's Bite does.

And then of course, our AoE is still looking pretty weak with all of the crazy new stuff other classes are getting.

With good tuning we'll be just fine. People are just frustrated with how little effort we received from the developers after how crappy 6.2 has been for us.

My Character

There is nothing they can do to fix feral AoE, given current mechanics. I would be happy if Ferals got overhaul instead of Surv hunters. If they'd step away from Combo Point I would be a happy kitten. "Pooling" kinda gameplay is not fitting in Wild Cat fantasy for me. Have you ever saw how cats are fighting? They are landing hits like 5 times a second. I would prefer more spammy gameplay, more like Enhance Shamans right now, with good spammable AoE. Bleeds must be result of a BIG damage ability and not just DoT button. It makes sense right? You "shred" your enemy's body and then it bleeds, the bigger the hit the bigger the bleed.

Of course non of this will happen, which is suck, cuz I love my cat, but there is no way I will be maining him instead of mage/hunter/moonkin. I am in hardcore guild and we need best we can get in terms of setup. So even if pick from others melee, ferals are falling behind. You can say "but, tuning haven't even...", I know, I know. But. As I said - it's all in the mechanics. If they buff direct damage = bad cleave damage, if they buff Swipe for AoE = bad ST damage cuz they'd have to nerf Shred, if they buff bleeds = bad target switching. On top of that 3 min CD on Berserk is too big

Anyway, fingers crossed, who know what can happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Cat fights irl are more like very short moments of frantic action interspersed by long periods of posturing and yowling and occasional grappling. If you were gonna model a spec on that for wow you'd end up channeling Staring Competition or Look Big until the mob blinks, then Pounce and dump all your energy in as few gcds as possible and if you're lucky get a Grapple -> Throat Bite or Tear At Their Belly With Your Hind Claws before going back to channeling Staring Competition at mid range.

Well, what I am saying is that this short periods of time when they go ham, must be taken as a model and prolonged for 5 min fights. If you take a 15th century warrior - he too fight in short comibination of slashes and retreat to plan another thrust, but in WoW world warrior is a non-stop slasher. I just wish ferals were this insanely fast slahers, only with his paws and teeths

I did a very. quick test on feral on beta last night was not long was just seeing if i like the new druid playstyles, Resto.. is the same, guardian is a vanilla moonkin spamming moonfire lol and balance feels.. ok. but anyway back to feral.

Was doing some testing with talents and things as iv.. always liked savage roar dont ask why i just did. and if you take that with jagged Wounds it makes the playstyle very... methodical. As your buff / debuffs dont last very long you need to plan ahead and not just mash the fuck out of your keyboard like now. Taking omen of clarity REALLY helps with that kinda build. Gonna log in and do more testing in abit but i feel feral in legion is in a really nice place, damage aswell as playstyle and animation wise. the new animations are very nice for feral druids.

Most of the complaints are about quality of life things. Like SR being unable to be applied pre-pull. Some people think SR is a bit short, I don't really agree but that isn't a huge issue.

And then there is the feral artifact. Nothing is particularly bad aside from Ashamane's Bite, which is a 7.5% chance to proc from FB. The trait itself is fairly weak when it does proc, and with how little we hit FB, procs will be exceedingly rare, and I doubt people will take the trait until they are filling out everything, because many of the minor artifact traits provide more of a gain per point than Ashamane's Bite does.

And then of course, our AoE is still looking pretty weak with all of the crazy new stuff other classes are getting.

With good tuning we'll be just fine. People are just frustrated with how little effort we received from the developers after how crappy 6.2 has been for us.
    Ashmanes bite works well with the talent Sabertooth. Apply TF Rip in beginning and then its pretty much Shred and FB spam, also works great with Open Wounds artifact trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Ashmanes bite works well with the talent Sabertooth. Apply TF Rip in beginning and then its pretty much Shred and FB spam, also works great with Open Wounds artifact trait.
    "works well" is a pretty vague thing to say. The only reason it "works well" is because the talent makes the rotation completely brainless. And even with sabertooth, you will not see procs very often. 7.5% chance to proc is a joke.

But hey, maybe you know more about what I like than me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    There is nothing they can do to fix feral AoE, given current mechanics. I would be happy if Ferals got overhaul instead of Surv hunters. If they'd step away from Combo Point I would be a happy kitten. "Pooling" kinda gameplay is not fitting in Wild Cat fantasy for me.
    1. Survival Hunter AoE is in a much worse position than feral

2. Energy Pooling and empty GCDs are the essence of the feral spec. That won't change unless they want to alienate long time players.

My Character

"works well" is a pretty vague thing to say. The only reason it "works well" is because the talent makes the rotation completely brainless. And even with sabertooth, you will not see procs very often. 7.5% chance to proc is a joke.

But hey, maybe you know more about what I like than me
    Seems that you like to put words in people mouths and roll your eyes at them, because i said nothing about what you like.

Works well is not a vague thing to say if you can grasp the big picture, they work well because of the way Sabertooth works. You wont be missing out on procs like you would with Jagged Wounds and when it does proc it will ALWAYS be on a TF+BT boosted Rip thus making the proc DoT even stronger if you take BT or just a TF boosted rip if you go omen. Then you factor in the open wounds trait which also has great synergy with Sabertooth and its play style (rake, shred and 50 energy bites FTW) which leaves Jagged Wounds as a lack luster talent that doesn't take advantage of all the artifact traits as much as much Sabertooth does.

In beta i can keep a TF+BT boosted rip going non-stop that gets topped back to 30 seconds with 50 energy bites which is great in raids! Avoiding bad, swapping targets, council fights no problem. Jagged Wounds Rip ticks at 16 seconds duration iirc, after those 16 seconds your SoL if you can't get back in range to re-apply. Sabertooth gives you an extra 14 seconds of Rip ticking to get back in and bite to refresh Rip and its 15% armor penetration that it gives via Artifact Trait.

In the end Sabertooth works GREAT with and takes full advantage our artifact, Jagged Wounds not so much. Now if Jagged Wounds didn't reduce the duration of Rip thus removing Bites from our rotation thus hindering Ashmanes Bite trait it would be a better and more competitive talent. If it was for example: Jagged Wounds-Gives your Rip and Rake bleed effects a chance equal to your crit chance to tick twice.