Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Men's fitness is orders of magnitude more destructive.

We are literally killing ourselves with powerful androgenic anabolic steroids, growth hormones and Insuline coupled with a coctail of other powerful drugs in order to try and counteract the severe side effects.
    The so called "natural" fitness models are anything but natural and they have shown us that we need to be 95kg with 6% body fat. In other words the standard of male fitness now in 2016 is pretty much what the contestants of the 1972 Mr Olympia looked like in contest shape (See Arnold).

I guess i need to buy some more diruetics to shed some of that bloat. Gotta have that six pack yo!
    I have to agree. I'm honestly sick of listening to people complain about how "skinny" girls are unhealthy and have unobtainable bodies just because a girl doesn't eat shit, does some cardio and has a naturally high metabolism. On the other side, if you want to look like a male model you have to spend 2 hours a day at they gym and buy expensive supplements to your already huge food bills.

The thing I noticed though is most of this shitty SJW stuff is coming out of the US and UK where they have problems with mass consumerism and over indulgence. If you go to mainland Europe and walk about, you see a massive reduction in fat people and a high percentage of girls naturally have these "unobtainable bodies" simply because they eat much healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    So what you're saying is

Even though this is about censorship in advertising, you don't like this discussion, so you want this thread censored, here, now

Way to go proving SJWs are pro-censorship

Note that you will probably get your wish
    Given the recent wailing over that Old Navy advert you might want to revisit whether calls for censorship are the exclusive domain of people you call SJW.

ughghhgh

Censorship wont fix ugly.

I could agree with women being less sexualized, or rather less exposed, and perhaps mandatory marking on digitally altered pictures with mandatory URL links to the non-photoshopped image, but beauty shaming is just fucking stupid!

the cure to obesity isnt accepting obesity. I get that it generally stems from low self esteem which causes people to over-indulge in un-necessary appetites, so i am fine with stemming fat shaming but promoting it as a valid lifestyle is just moronic and incredibly irresponsible!

These SJWs just have no idea on how to logically fix anything do they? they invent issues to complain about and support every base desire imaginable.

Mandatory photoshopping labeling imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    ughghhgh

Censorship wont fix ugly.

I could agree with women being less sexualized, or rather less exposed, and perhaps mandatory marking on digitally altered pictures with mandatory URL links to the non-photoshopped image, but beauty shaming is just fucking stupid!

the cure to obesity isnt accepting obesity. I get that it generally stems from low self esteem which causes people to over-indulge in un-necessary appetites, so i am fine with stemming fat shaming but promoting it as a valid lifestyle is just moronic and incredibly irresponsible!

These SJWs just have no idea on how to logically fix anything do they? they invent issues to complain about and support every base desire imaginable.

Mandatory photoshopping labeling imo
    They are looking for reasons on the outside, while problems with a poor self image come from within.

No one can make you insecure or make you feel bad. We ourselves let that happen.
    I know that humans in general don't like to look at themselves when experiencing issues and it's easy to blame someone/something else but it won't ever fix the real problems.

if the feminists actually manage to keep fit women hidden, and for some odd reason that becomes the socially acceptable physique, then i think i wouldnt blame men for going gay

also, you know it is time to go to bed when you scroll down, see something fat, and decide thats enough internet for the night

/nn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    the cure to obesity isnt accepting obesity.
    They are not trying to cure obesity by accepting obesity, this is the mistake people are falling into. They are just trying to get obesity accepted, they do not want a cure, in fact they are actively campaigning against anyone offering a "cure".

People keep thinking there is some logic behind the campaign, people need to stop giving them the credit for having logic behind the campaign, there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They are not trying to cure obesity by accepting obesity, this is the mistake people are falling into. They are just trying to get obesity accepted, they do not want a cure, in fact they are actively campaigning against anyone offering a "cure".

People keep thinking there is some logic behind the campaign, people need to stop giving them the credit for having logic behind the campaign, there is none.
    The issue here is that we've been shaming fat people into getting in better shape for a long time, and not only has it not worked, but the obesity problem has actually been getting worse and doesn't look to be turning around any time soon. This means that we need to somehow change our approach if we actually want the problem to go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The issue here is that we've been shaming fat people into getting in better shape for a long time, and not only has it not worked, but the obesity problem has actually been getting worse and doesn't look to be turning around any time soon. This means that we need to somehow change our approach if we actually want the problem to go away.
    Increase taxes on unhealthy products, though we already have VAT on them whereas there is no tax on other food. It worked for smoking, but that required far greater tax hikes than just VAT. Not ideal, but it has been proven to be effective.

Increased physical education in schools, however I want that regardless of the obesity issue in the UK.

I think the environment does play a role in shaping peoples self image

But as for ethical concerns, anything that is photoshopped should by default be labeled as such! anything else is false advertising imo, so acknowledgement of which images are fake would dramatically improve peoples ability to distinguish reality from fantasy.
    Even better if they are forced to keep the actual images available online so consumers can compare fantasy to reality.

- - - Updated - - -

ugh this really is bad

Deleted
    lol Breitbart

Nothing to see here, move along.

Deleted

I agree, this has nothing to do with health/anorexia (which is a tiny problem compared to obesity): this is about the feelings of fat feminists/SJWs who prefer to normalise their bad health than fix it

Think of smokers pushing back against anti-smoking initiatives on the grounds of "your anti-smoking ads hurt people's feelings and self-esteem" - it would be absurd

There are 2 main problems I have with SJWs as evidenced in this example

- they are authoritarian, anti-freedom of speech and pro-censorship

- they are irrational: it's about feelings and ideology rather than science or rationality

SJWs are not about "saving the children" or "fairness" or "health": they are, like the religious right wing before them, about an extreme ideology based on censorship, conformism and victim-paranoia
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-05-03 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I agree, this has nothing to do with health/anorexia (which is a tiny problem compared to obesity): this is about the feelings of fat feminists/SJWs who prefer to normalise their bad health than fix it

Think of smokers pushing back against anti-smoking initiatives on the grounds of "your anti-smoking ads hurt people's feelings and self-esteem" - it would be absurd

There are 2 main problems I have with SJWs as evidenced in this example

- they are authoritarian, anti-freedom of speech and pro-censorship

- they are irrational: it's about feelings and ideology rather than science or rationality

SJWs are not about "saving the children" or "fairness" or "health": they are, like the religious right wing before them, about an extreme ideology based on censorship, conformism and victim-paranoia
    I usually do not give a shit about the SJW crowd, their nonsense is typically confined to being twats on campus and coming out with horseshit like that Turkish girl at Goldsmiths - students are going to be students - but this actually affects people at large and that is not acceptable.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that woman have it bad in some ways in our society and I don't want to be -that- guy...but no one bats an eyelash at the physical standards imposed on guys. If you're a fat guy you lose weight and get skinny -or- you accept your lot as a big guy but you don't really fool yourself about it being sexy lol. After you get skinny that's not usually good enough either and you need to at least attempt to get some degree of muscle too I guess. Girls have it easier here because while its NOT healthy to be anorexic its pretty damn easy to eat healthy and reasonable and be skinny. Sorry, its true. No one ever says "man look at that girl, she's so skinny, she needs to do some dead lifts"..well most people don't lol

I never found the whole anorexic model look to be sexy myself but that's just my shitty opinion but we should all strive to be healthy, I say this as someone who was overweight growing up as a kid and teen and lost the weight when I learned how to eat/live healthy..its not hard. I'd be fine with the body acceptance thing if it was really about not imposing impossible standards on people but it really isn't, its about really overweight people who's feelings are hurt because 95% of them know they could change their lifestyle and improve.

Every-time I see pictures of that one "plus size" model lady from the OP I wince inside just thinking of how she must feel physically, all the body pain and stuff and future health problems she's going to have as she gets older. I don't see it as being worth all the fame and money she must get..and I don't get the respect she gets from other woman either. She is a straight up indulgent glutton but hey she feels good about herself and her body so I guess that's what matters right?
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2016-05-03 at 03:03 PM.