Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wink favorite scary movie! D:

what would you say is the best scary movie out there ?

The Conjuring 2
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sinister is the only film that has genuinely made me scared to go to sleep

Worst part, where the dad is checking up on his daughter and she looks like she's asleep/safe from his angle, then the camera pans around and you can see she's not actually asleep just frozen in terror then it pans around further and you can see a zombie girl right in front of her face

Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2016-06-28 at 06:43 PM.

The ring. It was awful D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of horror movies because they have too many jump scares and they just piss me off more than they genuinely terrify me. All I remember was "It" was kind of scary and Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't too bad but it's the only other one that springs to mind.

The Thing. Not a fan of horror but mix them with sci-fi and you have my attention.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Aliens. There are so, so many other great ones, but my absolute favorite is Aliens. It came out in 1986 and I got to watch it pretty soon after it came out, so I was like 7 or 8 back then. I was allowed to watch pretty much whatever I wanted as a kid, including horror, so yeah, that was a pretty amazing movie to get to see. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw Alien only after I saw Aliens, since it (Alien) came out in May of 1979, before I was born in June of the same year.

I used to be really scared of xenomorphs, and still can't really play Alien games (the good ones anyway) for very long. I've gotten like...30 minutes of Alien Isolation done so far. However, I've since absolutely fallen in love with the xenomorphs, and even though Alien vs Predator was rather sucky, and even though the xenos in it were partially CGI, I loved them. I mean, just look at this beauty (from Alien vs Predator):

Damn... AvP is from 12 years ago and it does show. It hasn't aged too well.

Anyway, a lot of other scary movies out there that I don't like at all, because they're a bit too scary, or scary in the wrong way. Or gory. The Thing and Leviathan were two of those which I also watched at a pretty young age. Some ghost/possession movies that I've not been too fond of as well.

But yeah, Aliens definitely my favorite.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-28 at 06:55 PM.

I absolutely love Sinister and Insidious. I didn't care for their sequels though, they were kinda mediocre.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    A movie with jump scares just for the sake of jump scares is also definitely at the very bottom of my list of favorite scary movies. Jump scares like the cheapest, dumbest way to scare people, and pretty much anyone can do that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vulgar the Clown
    You cared enough to post.

I loved Insidious.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It Follows. That movie doesn't rely on jump scares and stupid shit to be scary. It builds an atmosphere of persistent unknowable terror pretty much from the first scene to the last and never really lets up. It's great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Idiocracy

I haven't seen a good scary movie forever. It's all jump scares. Deathgasm was awesome splatter horror

Deleted
    The Thing.

Ghost movies or things like that bore me to death, but creepy as fuck aliens? Yikes!

I love horror movies, but none of them have actually scared me. Some are better at building atmosphere than others(Halloween, Suspiria, Alien, The Changeling, Ringu) but none of them have ever scared me.

For me its gotta be The Thing and The Exorcist.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The Ring or Evil Dead

The Thing was just amazing as far as scary goes.

But one of my all time favorites was the original Fright night.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Strangers" and "It Follows" are a couple of the ones I can think of off hand. They don't abuse jump-scares or gore/violence, and they're genuinely fucking creepy and unnerving. GREAT cinematography for both of them too. Very good works of art.