Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    There should be a way for them to spend $50 or so and be caught up, you know, like with most other games
    Here you go from today's hotfix notes, enjoy

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES

* For a limited time only! Grab a copy of the RIFT: Essentials Edition from the in game store!
    * Unlocks the Primalist Calling, plus all 14 souls from the Nightmare Tide, Storm Legion, and Planetouched Wilds DLC.
    * You'll also increase your number of character slots per server to 6.
    * Plus, you'll get 2 earring and bag slots across every character on your account.
    * Available for $49.99/€49.99/£38.49 until 12am May 11th server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I guess better late than never, and limited time only kinda sucks, but at least it's something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    So you are looking at 15k plat farm to unlock those.Come back whenever you get there.
    15k? I just took a look at this yesterday and that appears to be about twice the cost. Pretty sure 2-3 REX could get me those and when I checked REX were running about 2.4k. So even if it took 3, that's 7.2k, less than half the 15k. Of course, prices may be different on your server, but if REX costs that much more on your server than I am sure pretty much everything else does as well so you can make 15k easier than I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Suggestions to attract players (and keep them):
    Make a US$50 pack to buy all DLC's, earing slots, manugo, PW rep and get people up to speed. No tricks, no traps.
    Keep the mounts in store. Include 3 x additional bag slots.
    Not the current fee of over US$200 for all-purchase of items and bag slots.
    Hell, you can even leave that half-baked Primalist calling out of the US$50 entry deal.

Make up your mind if you're F2P, B2P or P2P and how much P2W? Being all four is confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES

* For a limited time only! Grab a copy of the RIFT: Essentials Edition from the in game store!
    * Unlocks the Primalist Calling, plus all 14 souls from the Nightmare Tide, Storm Legion, and Planetouched Wilds DLC.
    * You'll also increase your number of character slots per server to 6.
    * Plus, you'll get 2 earring and bag slots across every character on your account.
    * Available for $49.99/€49.99/£38.49 until 12am May 11th server time.

Oh my lack of god... they actually listened?

I am impressed. Going to tweet this if this is the case.

Well, played, Brasse - if this was you, well played and well done.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...listening.html
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-05-04 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    I guess better late than never, and limited time only kinda sucks, but at least it's something.

- - - Updated - - -

15k? I just took a look at this yesterday and that appears to be about twice the cost. Pretty sure 2-3 REX could get me those and when I checked REX were running about 2.4k. So even if it took 3, that's 7.2k, less than half the 15k. Of course, prices may be different on your server, but if REX costs that much more on your server than I am sure pretty much everything else does as well so you can make 15k easier than I can.
    i dont play anymore im one of those guys from the guild that shall not be name! but yeah rex in europe go for close to 4k plat.

also id like to point that offer is limited so is not a permanent catch up they just want to milk a bit more.

i dont play anymore im one of those guys from the guild that shall not be name! but yeah rex in europe go for close to 4k plat.

also id like to point that offer is limited so is not a permanent catch up they just want to milk a bit more.
    Well, even at 4k plat a piece, it's not like I am playing a huge amount and am only gathering what I pass as I level. So far, done with Goboro Reek and started in the next area. Not counting what I place on the AH before logging out last night, in that time I have already made about 600p. Not even really trying in a few days time I made 600p. Imagine once I am in the higher level zones with higher level mats. I really do not think this will be a problem at all. If I was on a server that had more inflated prices and they did run 4k, nearly double what they are on my server, I'd imagine I'd have made nearly double the amount of money as well. That's the way inflation works, the price of all things goes up.

Also, yeah, I said that limited time sucks. That should be a permanent thing. Guess maybe they are gonna see how it works out, but nearly every MMO I have ever played, when a new expansion comes out there is a way to get entirely caught up for around $50. It's awesome that they are offering this, but it really does need to be permanent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, yeah, I said that limited time sucks. That should be a permanent thing. Guess maybe they are gonna see how it works out, but nearly every MMO I have ever played, when a new expansion comes out there is a way to get entirely caught up for around $50. It's awesome that they are offering this, but it really does need to be permanent.
    Agree, it should be permanent, but the gesture is a step in the right direction.

They still have many internal politics to resolve, sort out the gear treadmill issue, the p2w elements, but this will at least maybe breathe a bit of life into the game without shafting people who want to check it out.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-05-04 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Oh my lack of god... they actually listened?

I am impressed. Going to tweet this if this is the case.

Well, played, Brasse - if this was you, well played and well done.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...listening.html
    Somehow I feel like this wasn't something that they whipped up in a few days : P

It's a good move, and very welcome in the wake of a number of unpopular decisions/changes.

Also, hi Brasse. Nice to see a Trion CM here again, haven't seen one around since the days of Elrar. Granted things were a bit more active and much more optimistic/upbeat then, but still nice to see an official face : )

Deleted
    Well, even at 4k plat a piece, it's not like I am playing a huge amount and am only gathering what I pass as I level. So far, done with Goboro Reek and started in the next area. Not counting what I place on the AH before logging out last night, in that time I have already made about 600p. Not even really trying in a few days time I made 600p. Imagine once I am in the higher level zones with higher level mats. I really do not think this will be a problem at all. If I was on a server that had more inflated prices and they did run 4k, nearly double what they are on my server, I'd imagine I'd have made nearly double the amount of money as well. That's the way inflation works, the price of all things goes up.

Want to point that the mats you are picking now in goboro are the same in the other zones. Also most of those mats you are selling you will need them to craft vials,crit pots, runes, amenders etc etc etc

Want to point that the mats you are picking now in goboro are the same in the other zones. Also most of those mats you are selling you will need them to craft vials,crit pots, runes, amenders etc etc etc
    There are not multiple tiers of mats this expansion? Weird.

Also, I do not craft, I normally buy what I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Somehow I feel like this wasn't something that they whipped up in a few days : P
    Yeah, I know, but you know us YouTubers are narcissists with egos the size of the moon, so I'm gonna claim credit for it anyway. :P

As this is a only a 5-day deal, figured it would get lost in the Rift Video section - I'll unlist it after 5 days:

Just checked - my post of this video on REDDIT was hidden... puzzled... I guess the censorship / politics / cliquiness continue.

EDIT 2: Cupcakey, the REDDIT mod, aka Riane decided to remove it due to "reports" of "self-promotion" /facepalm

Last edited by theWocky; 2016-05-05 at 11:52 PM. Reason: REDDIT update

Deleted
    There are not multiple tiers of mats this expansion? Weird.

Also, I do not craft, I normally buy what I need.
    theres not multiple tiers of mats.

theres only 1 plant, 1 cloth 1 leather etc etc

so if you dont craft cause you buy, get ready to farm another shit ton of plat to buy all the stuff.

so if you dont craft cause you buy, get ready to farm another shit ton of plat to buy all the stuff.
    Or just do minion stuff, you get a ton of mats through that. When I was actively playing I made a ton of money off of selling it all (since I only have gathering professions).

theres not multiple tiers of mats.

theres only 1 plant, 1 cloth 1 leather etc etc

Well, I don't know about the current state of the economy, but I know during SL several guildies would complain that it was actually cheaper to just buy consumables anyway. It was often cheaper than buying the mats and crafting it yourself.

Well, the one thing Wocky currently leaves out of his side of the srgument is of course that all that stuff you can buy with "cash" is actually bought with credits which you can also purchase with in-game currency. So really all of it is available through in-game means, including your "sub" for patron status. Not entirely sure how much it will all cost me, but my current plan is to level my mage to 65, gathering stuff along the way to sell and see if when I am at max level I have enough plat to buy enough credits to get what I deem necessary to continue playing. If I do, then I'll consider going through the gear treadmill.
    you wont even have plat for the basic mount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I had enough plat for a basic mount by level 25. o_O
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I had enough plat for a basic mount by level 25. o_O
    shame on you if you bought the 40% mount with plat and not with honor :x

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Good thing I already have mounts then. I guess I was not clear in the one post that you quoted, though i have said it at other points in this thread.

I bought the base game, pre-SL and bought SL when it came out. My mage and rogue are already 60, well, mage is almost 63 now, because I was a very active player prior to F2P. I even came back after the F2P transition for a bit and both my chars raided. I also have all but the newest set of Souls, the SL ones and the Dream Souls or whatever they were called that have the mage tank and rogue healer. So yeah, I already have plenty of Mounts.

Deleted
    Good thing I already have mounts then. I guess I was not clear in the one post that you quoted, though i have said it at other points in this thread.

I bought the base game, pre-SL and bought SL when it came out. My mage and rogue are already 60, well, mage is almost 63 now, because I was a very active player prior to F2P. I even came back after the F2P transition for a bit and both my chars raided. I also have all but the newest set of Souls, the SL ones and the Dream Souls or whatever they were called that have the mage tank and rogue healer. So yeah, I already have plenty of Mounts.
    Well, if you feel like plat won't be that much of an effort for you to get what you want for plats then it's good for you
    I farmed plats back when lvl 60 was max, and it was quite a struggle back then and also the REX cost was probably half of what I hear it currently is on EU, and also there were not always REX on AH, and from what it seems it has not become easier to get the plat... rather the opposite.
    When I logged in last time, in january this year, there were no REX at all available on AH.
    But I'm glad you are positive, keep posting on how things are going

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, if you feel like plat won't be that much of an effort for you to get what you want for plats then it's good for you
    I farmed plats back when lvl 60 was max, and it was quite a struggle back then and also the REX cost was probably half of what I hear it currently is on EU, and also there were not always REX on AH, and from what it seems it has not become easier to get the plat... rather the opposite.
    When I logged in last time, in january this year, there were no REX at all available on AH.
    But I'm glad you are positive, keep posting on how things are going
    So far it's looking really good actually. In just a few days I have amassed over 1000p, and that's without even really trying. I am working up some seed money to be able to start playing the AH again, which should be able to make me quite a bit, it did in the past anyway. I am kinda wishing I had not given away all my plat before I stopped playing as I easily would have had enough to buy all the stuff I wanted.

In addition, so far i am actually enjoying the game again, so I will likely spend a bit on it. Not on Patron status, as that still seems like a total waste to me, and not on the limited time pack as I already have over half what it offers. It's great for new players, but not returning players. There does not appear to be a good package deal that does have just the stuff I want, so I may end up just buying some credits and getting just what I want. I'll have to look at it closer this weekend and see what will actually be the cheapest way to get just what I want.

I think that's the part that bothers me the most about the cash shop. The bundle deals have a lot of overlap, so it gets weird trying to figure out what the best way to buy stuff is. Since I bought the Dream Soul pack before NT released, the NT packages seem kind of like a waste to me, so I am left with the option of purchasing the stuff separately, which makes me feel a little like I got ripped off. I'd really kind of like the Ultimate Edition, but only if there were a way to get a discount based on all the things I already have that it offers. Again, these packs seem great for new players, but what about returning players like me that already have a lot of it? I don't think more packages are the way to go about it either, because that's just more confusion.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea though, if I could buy the Ultimate Edition with a discount based on the portions of it I already have, that would be great. Hopefully Trion reads this and agrees.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasse View Post
    The game is doing well, and we want to make sure it continues.
    So far, so good.
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    By what absurd measure do you make this claim? The number of low-level players purchasing lockboxes?

I was at the bleeding edge of raiding progression in Rift, and I can attest the recruitment pool has been on a decline since Hammerknell Fortress (in 2011). Things stabilized at the launch of Storm Legion in 2012, but then sharply declined yet again. Since then it hasn't recovered. In fact, it never will recover if you delude yourself into believing "the game is doing well."

Myself and other leading raiders have recommended countless improvements to your raid designers, whomever they happened to be at any given time. The basic response was always "yeah, that would be fantastic, but I don't think our boss will be on board."

You have an agenda, and one which certainly does not favor a healthy raiding community.