Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah from what I have seen and talked about with people about leveling in legion. Leveling as a tank spec ( or with a tank) will most likely be the fastest route for Dk's. Being over geared will help until about 105-106 but your damage to mob HP will start to wear out by then and speed leveling is all about never stopping for anything.

110 content will again be lackluster in quest gear but Deathstrike/ Dark Succor will get better as health increases and mob kill time decreases.

Still a HUGE QoL change with death strike going to RP vs old runes since the damage loss from 2 SS is much higher than the 1.2 (ish) death coils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixin View Post
    Yeah from what I have seen and talked about with people about leveling in legion. Leveling as a tank spec ( or with a tank) will most likely be the fastest route for Dk's. Being over geared will help until about 105-106 but your damage to mob HP will start to wear out by then and speed leveling is all about never stopping for anything.

110 content will again be lackluster in quest gear but Deathstrike/ Dark Succor will get better as health increases and mob kill time decreases.

Still a HUGE QoL change with death strike going to RP vs old runes since the damage loss from 2 SS is much higher than the 1.2 (ish) death coils.
    We haven't seen a balance pass yet much less officially hit beta...I'm sure things will change a bit...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    We haven't seen a balance pass yet much less officially hit beta...I'm sure things will change a bit...
    Since when does Blizz balance ?

death strike heals for nothing. As soon as you hit level 107-108 you will feel it when you have 3 mobs on you. Bad pulls lead to hairy situations. Also I very much doubt some classes will manage to solo easily some silver rares. DKs can with chain of ice and 30y SS, otherwise I just cannot see how some melee will manage to solo these with the bad sustain.

btw, the bad sustain/healing of dps classes is intended.

Deleted
    A lot of people complain that leveling/solo play is not challenging enough maybe lower self heal is Blizzards response to that.

I at this point sort of want Death strike..to be a Blood Only thing and give Frost/Unholy their own sustain skill that goes off AP like current Death Strike does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    I at this point sort of want Death strike..to be a Blood Only thing and give Frost/Unholy their own sustain skill that goes off AP like current Death Strike does.
    Dark Siphon for Unholy

that would be damn cool

DPS classes shouldn't have sustain or self healing.

First aid should be your best heal as a DPS class.

Nobody wants to eat or bandage after every mob pull. Thats not going to make for a popular questing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Nobody wants to eat or bandage after every mob pull. Thats not going to make for a popular questing experience.
    Where is that information? We are not eating every mob pull.
    The self-healing is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by l0nglive View Post
    Where is that information? We are not eating every mob pull.
    The self-healing is reasonable.
    Depends upon the mobs you face. Certain mobs arent gaining the proper hp/damage when you level up. Some are gaining too much. The self healing is definitely not reasonable. Dark Succor at 15% just isnt enough. Minimum it should be 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post

Yeah because I wanna sit and channel for 30 seconds after every fight as well as wasting crafting mats on Bandages. That sounds excellent gameplay wise.

10+ Year Old Account

I love Vanilla and BC just as much as anyone else, but the game has to evolve to stay interesting.
    Not having any self-heals is severely outdated by now unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I love Vanilla and BC just as much as anyone else, but the game has to evolve to stay interesting.
    Not having any self-heals is severely outdated by now unfortunately.
    It's really not. Self healing since CAT has made PVP a really awful experience.

The only self healing any class should have is something like a +healing bonus to your extremely weak self healing after killing an enemy, and first aid.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah because I wanna sit and channel for 30 seconds after every fight as well as wasting crafting mats on Bandages. That sounds excellent gameplay wise.
    "I don't want to put effort into playing a game"
    "I want everything handed to me and everything to be fast and easy with no struggles"
    Yep typical current player base.

30 seconds of eating isn't that great, but bandages being useful makes an entire profession useful and helps the economy by making cloth more valuable.

30 seconds of eating isn't that great, but bandages being useful makes an entire profession useful and helps the economy by making cloth more valuable.
    A secondary profession that eats Cloth that i would much rather use on a primary profession to make bags.

"I don't want to put effort into playing a game"
    "I want everything handed to me and everything to be fast and easy with no struggles"
    No, not really more like

"I don't want to spend as much time staring at my screen waiting for my HP to restore as i do actually fighting things"

I don't need anything handed to me, I will earn it. However I want to earn it by spending my time DOING THINGS and not sitting on my duff because the developers think "Shitty Quality of Gameplay" equates "Hard"

Edit : I want to expound on this a bit.

The reason I want levels 101-110 to be..well quick painless and not annoying is because. They are worthless, no Talents no Perks and gear I will replace with Heroic Dungeon Blues so the more time I spend on them especially on my main is just padding. I will enjoy the content for the interesting plots if there are any but the actual levels involved in the expansion are just 10 more dead levels come 8.0 when artifacts are replaced, and there are quite enough large level gaps in the game where every spec in the game gets nada for me to not feel bad about facerolling 10 more.
    Last edited by ryudaraku; 2016-05-05 at 11:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=ShiyoKozuki;40166294]

The only self healing any class should have is something like a +healing bonus to your extremely weak self healing after killing an enemy, and first aid.

- - - Updated - - -

That would put even more of an emphasis on healers in an already broken matchmaking where you can end up facing 4 healers and you personally have none.
    Without any selfhealing in that scenario, you're just going to get farmed endlessly as most random BG's are too uncoordinated to take down two healers let alone four of them.

Unless that's what you enjoy, in that case more power to you I guess.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Gungnir;40168617]

- - - Updated - - -

That would put even more of an emphasis on healers in an already broken matchmaking where you can end up facing 4 healers and you personally have none.
    Without any selfhealing in that scenario, you're just going to get farmed endlessly as most random BG's are too uncoordinated to take down two healers let alone four of them.

Unless that's what you enjoy, in that case more power to you I guess.
    a milion time this

this just makes Healers even BIGER factor of deciding who wins then now and it allready a Huge factor

Healers being completely and utterly broken beyond human comprehension in PVP is a completely different topic.

Also, not being able to kill DPS while CCing a healer for 15+ seconds because they have 5 different ways to self heal/invul/reduce damage is beyond retarded.

Thankfully, Blizzard agrees with me.

Also, not being able to kill DPS while CCing a healer for 15+ seconds because they have 5 different ways to self heal/invul/reduce damage is beyond retarded.
    Cause Death Knights on live have that right? We don't totally give up all of our Runes to self heal while tickling our target with an attack that somehow deals less damage than Death Coil, and in Legion we get to go back to the OH SO FUN system of Death Strike's self healing being based on damage taken, which worked out oh so well the first time. At least now it only competes with Death Coil instead of attacks that do actual damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause Death Knights on live have that right? We don't totally give up all of our Runes to self heal while tickling our target with an attack that somehow deals less damage than Death Coil, and in Legion we get to go back to the OH SO FUN system of Death Strike's self healing being based on damage taken, which worked out oh so well the first time. At least now it only competes with Death Coil instead of attacks that do actual damage.
    Yeah, this pretty much, we get DS off the rune system but now it's back to functioning like a band-aid for a hemorrhaging wound...