Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Chinese Room, developers of games where you push 'w' and move forward and beat the game.

LOL at their hamfisted attempt at a virtue signalling.

Nobody is buying their horse shit.

They absolutely ruined Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, so fuck them.

Also lol at the CD Projekt Red response from the lead developer of Witch Hunt:

CDProjekt RED, company of 370 employees, a lot from around the world, many women (brilliant and talented) but also minorities: gay, transsexual (we might have been one of the few companies who had transsexual lead), all treated equally with only respect and support.

But we`re called sexist for showing a boob or panties. Really?

We always aimed to tell stories about people. And there are people with boobs and people with panties. Sometimes both.
    #Rekt
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-01 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    The fact that these socalled strong women do not add anything, literally, to the story
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I mean a female literally saves the world in Witcher 3. Added nothing to the story tho.

Let alone how Geralt would have failed how many times over the 3 games without the help from his female companions?

If you want people to take you serious, maybe know the subject matter you're talking about. Hell your shoddy attempt at disrespect with "quality fantasy" further proves you clearly have an agenda of some kind here. Witcher books and games all all well received for a reason.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-01 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I mean a female literally saves the world in Witcher 3. Added nothing to the story tho.

Let alone how Geralt would have failed how many times over the 3 games without the help from his female companions?
    1/XXX

The percentage of functional women is fuckall.

If you want people to take you serious, maybe know the subject matter you're talking about. Hell your shoddy attempt at disrespect with "quality fantasy" further proves you clearly have an agenda of some kind here. Witcher books and games all all well received for a reason.
    So is Harry Potter.....
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-05-01 at 07:54 AM.

1/XXX

The percentage of functional women is fuckall.
    Digging your grave even further I see. The vast majority of men in the Witcher universe are either worthless drunks, raiders, poachers, bums, racists or any combination of these. Go figure, it's a game where everyone doesn't shoot rainbows out of their ass. In fact women are generally portrayed far more intelligent on an average basis, hell go play the wedding in hearts of stone where all the men look like idiots compared to the women...

Just admit you haven't played and know jack shit about the game. It's painfully obvious.

Digging your grave even further I see. The vast majority of men in the Witcher universe are either worthless drunks, raiders, poachers, bums, racists or any combination of these. Go figure, it's a game where everyone doesn't shoot rainbows out of their ass. In fact women are generally portrayed far more intelligent on an average basis, hell go play the wedding in hearts of stone where all the men look like idiots compared to the women...

Just admit you haven't played and know jack shit about the game. It's painfully obvious.
    It was your argument that all women are lifesavers, not mine. Nice 180 on the matter, but there's no argument (not from me anyways) that 90% of the world population is dumb as fuck.

So let's summarize:
    We have one hero who is competent. Other males are pale in comparison. Most women are there for stress relieve. Our hero is neigh invincible. It's basically a Space Opera (Or Horse Opera/Western), including all the clichés.

That's a style, but it's clearly present in the Witcher.

Again, the /care is great in this one, but I like to call an apple, an apple.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-05-01 at 08:10 AM.

It was your argument that all women are lifesavers, not mine. Nice 180 on the matter, but there's no argument (not from me anyways) that 90% of the world population is dumb as fuck.
    It's your argument that the game is sexist. Your argument is false and based on the fact you can fuck women in the game. You are blind and ignorant to the actual story of the game, when females are treated as equals(or better) to the males in the entire damn story line of the game. Hell you can choose to help a daughter become the leader of skellige over her brother, and she is portrayed as the far more intelligent option. Game is sexist against females though

I see you're trying to retreat now, GG.

You literally have gave 0 reasons for the game being sexist, got owned multiple times. Seems now you're just going to attempt to get the last word in with more garbage.

Deleted
    Sexy =/= sexist.
    A whole lot of peple don' want to understand that.

Besides this is obviously an act of envy just look at the track record of TCR and CDPR. Could also be a PR stunt as none of the CDPR fans was buying the shit that TCR put out anyway and now maybe some militant feminists will buy their crappy games as a thank you.
    CDPR knows better than to bend over for them so I have no worries about this.

Deleted
    Studios like CDPR are what's keeping the game industry on the right track. They and some Japanese studios at least know not to give a fuck about what these dumbfucks spew on social media.

Deleted
    I'd like to qoute someone from another website, it might not be good english since I can't be bothered to translate it myself and instead I used google and corrected what I found.
    Quote Originally Posted by awakenmirror
    Geralt is a parody of masculinity. Yes. He is a muscular hero, outwardly he is the knight in shining armor who destroys the monster in the world, he is the womanizer who gets every woman into bed. He is looking for "his wife" because he thinks that he has to save them. He wants to help the little adopted daughter who can't take care of herself. etc. pp.

But now, what it really is:

He doubts with himself, the world hates him and his "profession" - just think about how many times Geralt decides to finally abandon witchering in the novels to become a farmer, etc., he is one of a dying breed, the world no longer needs (here the parody of the "classic hero") and the most important point: he lacks the masculine aspect, which can be mounted in men, he is impotent. The whole gender debate rests him their deepest abysses that a man can theoretically impregnate and cut off a woman and then alone remains on the child. Geralt can be lying in bed with as many women as he wants. He does always do it by mutual agreement, to escape the filthy world, like almost all his partners. And please people, don't bring me the first Witcher. The "TCG" was dirt and has nothing to do with the world Sapkowski.

And the last point: Yennefer is a prime example of a strong, independent woman who is always de-sexualized in the novels. Riding pants and rags instead sexy dress, anyone? And what about Ciri? At the end of the story she saves Geralt, not the other way around.

Well the Chinese rooms needs some publicity it seems. Someone's gotta pay for the next walking sim after all..

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Rofl They are not sexist by any means. Being bold and showing sex scenes, showing boobs blah blah blah. That's not sexist by any means. If anything Witcher 3 shows Women do a lot in the Witcher universe. Honestly you don't know shit.
    I always considered the Witcher to have strong female characters, the books as well. I would actually say the women drive the story in the Witcher. There are quite a few games you could claim sexism on, think these people are barking up the wrong tree with witcher though,

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I'd like to qoute someone from another website, it might not be good english since I can't be bothered to translate it myself and instead I used google and corrected what I found.
    He is not impotent, he is sterile. Big difference.

Damn, TCR are getting rekt on their own twatter, lel

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

So let's summarize:
    We have one hero who is competent. Other males are pale in comparison. Most women are there for stress relieve. Our hero is neigh invincible. It's basically a Space Opera (Or Horse Opera/Western), including all the clichés.

That's a style, but it's clearly present in the Witcher.

Again, the /care is great in this one, but I like to call an apple, an apple.
    Wow you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You sure you actually played witcher games ? As in played the games that were witcher games ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maybe do a doublecheck on me, before you start a rant about me being a SJW. The fact that these socalled strong women do not add anything, literally, to the story, but are purely there for the young teen fantasy, make them objectively and factually objects in the eye of the beholder.

That does not just stop with the women, as is said in this thread. Every character in The Witcher is sexist, that includes the males.

What ircks me, is the fact that you're all denying that it's a sexist RPG-lite. That it is, I don't give a fuck about. Because people shouldn't be so easily offended. But it still IS a pathetically bad sexist game (and probably book, but I can't say, because I read quality fantasy

This is certainly true, since there's a difference between being whores and having a life.

So for the rabid fanbois; TLDR. No I don't give a fuck that it is sexist. There's a difference between recognizing what it is and how I feel about that.
    Don't add anything to the story? You really need to stop commenting on something you know nothing about. The females in witcher DRIVE the story, Triss, Yenn, Ciri, Keira, Cerys ALL of these women are important to the story, they're not just background characters that do nothing. Sure Geralt has sex with some of them, but if he doesn't treat them right (Like wanting to romance both Triss and Yenn at the same time) they won't put up with it.

Maybe you should play the game instead of typing about stuff you clearly know nothing about. Seems like you could use some real quality fantasy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    He is not impotent, he is sterile. Big difference.
    Google translator translated "zeugungsunfähig" with "impotent".

"zeugungsunfähig" quite literally means "incapable of siring".

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Don't add anything to the story? You really need to stop commenting on something you know nothing about. The females in witcher DRIVE the story, Triss, Yenn, Ciri, Keira, Cerys ALL of these women are important to the story, they're not just background characters that do nothing. Sure Geralt has sex with some of them, but if he doesn't treat them right (Like wanting to romance both Triss and Yenn at the same time) they won't put up with it.

Maybe you should play the game instead of typing about stuff you clearly know nothing about. Seems like you could use some real quality fantasy.
    You want to know what's funny? I am perfectly willing to believe that Vespian has played the games.

I know far too many people who have watched movies with me and then failed to explain what was happening and why, missed glaringly obvious and important details, and completely misunderstood major characters all because they have some social justice chip on their shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

I will take a source material over google translation from german

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/impotent

Also Zeugungsunfähig means, as you rightly said, that he can't sire children. Impotent means you can't get it up in the usual context. That is the same btw for German and English.