Of planets and stars...

We now know that the titans are born as world souls - a living planet.
    Now there are also our light buddies- the Naaru... shining like thousand suns, referenced as star ("the dark star"),
    collapse into a black hole (void god), release enormous amount of energy in death (supernova, revival of the sunwell),
    and their whole atmosphere is about space and stars and scapegoats... and I'm sure there is more.

are they "sun soul"?

anyway, if true, more sources of holy magic can be directly connected to the Naaru (like An'she (being a sun), the sunwell for blood-elves, the light of the draenei, and... Elune- as the moon in a mere reflection of the sun).

One theory (not particularly strong but still) is Elune being the soul of Azeroth's moon, taking care of baby azeroth himself.

"World soul" is just the term for a Titan's soul, as they were born as literally souls of the worlds that took form later. Naaru, on the other hand, aren't literal-sun related. So, no, they aren't sun soul. Whether they were directly connected to what you listed originally is another matter. For example, the Sunwell had nothing to do with the Naaru originally.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    The dark naaru I killed in Oshu'Gun wasn't any supernova, in fact its death wasn't impressive at all.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow....icle_Magic.jpg

The Naaru are the embodiment of pure Light, which is the opposite of Shadow in the image I linked. The Titans come from the "order" side of magic, which also has arcane. Chronicle mentions a few times how arcane power is heavily connected to Titans (after all, their life blood IS arcane energy - such as the Well). The Sunwell has nothing to do with any sort of solar energy originally - it came from a vial of the original Well of Eternity, and was only named the "Sunwell" as a way for the exiled Highborne to kind of insult Elune, in a way. While it is made from the "blood" of a sleeping Titan, it only had Light-based powers after it was restored in BC.

As far as solar and lunar powers, we don't have a whole lot to go on. In most in-game sources, lunar powers are usually connected to the arcane, but we know they are also Light-like in lore from Elune's powers. Solar powers (like Sunfire) are accompanied by "nature" magic - which is associated with the magic school of "Life" in Chronicle. However, there's no denying that the powers from An'she are solar AND light based.

What we can take from this is that perhaps suns and moons are combinations of the Light with nature or arcane (thus, Life and Order), which creates them. However, the Naaru themselves don't seem to have any sort of specific planetary alignment or powers that deviate from Light (or Void, when they die). They're just pure Light.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2016-05-01 at 01:37 PM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NaNaaru View Post
    We now know that the titans are born as world souls - a living planet.
    Now there are also our light buddies- the Naaru... shining like thousand suns
    Suns >> planets.
    As per Chronicle:
    • Titans are world-soul living planets.
    • Titans >> naaru.
    Therefore, naaru can't be sun-soul living suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    One theory (not particularly strong but still) is Elune being the soul of Azeroth's moon, taking care of baby azeroth himself.
    IMO that's (close) to the best Elune theory.

If Elune turned out to be a Titan Watcher stationed at some kind of observatory outpost on the moon, then that explains why she could communicate with the Night Elves at night, through the Well of Eternity. Elune was literally communicating with the Night Elves via the reflection of the moon at night on the surface of the well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Naaru could best be described as Light elementals, IMO

Chronicles already details the origin of the Naaru. They were formed from fractured Light in the aftermath of the collision between the Light and the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Honestly, I think elune is one of azeroths children. Think about it, the blue child is azeroths youngest, and elune is the oldest, and the people that live on him are his back-ups incase he does get "Corrupted". Maybe, if he gets corrupted, the parts that remain good in him are transfered into the mortal beings that thrive on him. If there are threats bringing out full invasions, he gives us part of his energy, showing that he's alive, and we're pretty much the pantheon raising this soon to be out titan.

Deleted
    I liked WoW much more when it was more about fighting the Scourge and scheming Black Dragons and stuff.

One of my theories is that Elune is merely a cousin of the titans. While Elune isn't a world-soul/spirit, the Moon is a celestial body that seems to possess some amount of volatile arcane energies--the lifeblood of a nascent titan. Moon Wells are stated to be a gift from the Mother Moon that allows Azeroth's defenders to refresh their mana, which is a measure of arcane, which to me means that she has the lifeblood of a nascent titan to give as a gift?

The other one is that Norgannon, when he was "alive", made Elune with a naaru.

Elune is the titan within Azeroth.

Deleted
    On topic of Elune, in Chronicles is stated that when Titans came to Azeroth there were 4 elemental lords ( rag al thera nep) and that the planet had drained most of the Spirit-element into himself. If this spirit element would have elemental lord wouldn't that be Elune most likely? I'm not sure if the Chronicles stated anything about Spirit-lord tho. This would explain how Elune was able to know about titans so much, because she was becoming a huge part of the Azeroth itself.

That maybe doesn't mean anything, but just a thought :
    An'She -> An / She -> Single / Feminity
    Elune -> El / Une -> In french "Elle / Une" -> Feminity / Single

I don't know if "Elune" refers to Azeroth's moon, the name itself sounds like Lune" (moon) in french but it seems so obivous that it's tricky.

Azeroth (the planet) is an egg containing a nascent Titan immersed in Arcanic fluid. The Titan has a soul (called "world's soul") but the question that comes up is "Is the soul already in the Titan or is it in the Arcanic fluid?"
    Because we learn in Chronicles that Titans can disembody their soul from their body (that's how most of the Pantheon save themselves from Sargeras assault), is there a process between Arcane Magic, Soul and the envelope? Maybe while the body is forged by Arcanes, the soul stays in the fluid.

My point is Azeroth's moon ain't nothing but a rock. No Titan's soul in there, no Keeper, just a rock reflecting a star's Light.
    I bet Night Elves heard an elder Naaru, and they associated it to what they saw reflecting in the Well of Eternity : the Moon.
    Same for the Taurens. Like nomad tribes, they had to walk during days, and they associated the Elder Naaru to the Sun.
    Both of these races are not geneticaly related to Titans (unlike humans/forsakens/worgens, Dwarves and Gnomes).
    But Night Elves were Dark Trolls living on WoE's shores they have been infused by Arcanes, a magic inheriting of Light, so Light became a part of their DNA.
    They kept it through Nature Magic, with druidism.
    Taurens' ancestors where living south of the WoE, and when the Mogu Empire started its tyranic reign, some of the tribes decided to travel to the northern lands.
    Taurens don't have direct relation to Arcane Magic, they don't master it and never tryed to. But they are strong with Nature Magic. That would explain how they're related to Light.

We know that Naaru communicated with Velenn and warned him about Sargeras.
    We know that an Elder Naaru communicated with Illidan and warned him about a greater foe.
    I bet a Naaru communicated with Night Elves in order to keep them around the WoE which is lusted by the Burning Legion, since Pantheon told Sargeras about Azeroth.