Legion Shaman Overview.

With the Alpha class changes wrapping up would anyone be able to provide a short description/ how enjoyable, pros/cons, strengths/weaknesses for each shaman spec in PvE & PvP.

For anyone thinking of changing main, including myself the enh thread seems pretty stagnant, some good discussion going in the ele thread but the responses are quite lengthy and I haven't searched too far into the Resto thread but If anyone could give me a nice quick rundown of each I'd be very grateful.

Here's some videos I've found so far to help me out on my decision.

Ele - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-4GuRPd9w 3 weeks old PvE / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2nYNzx3Ro 5 days old PvP

Enh - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtTAExVIDpY PvE,

Resto - Haven't found much on resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    With the Alpha class changes wrapping up would anyone be able to provide a short description/ how enjoyable, pros/cons, strengths/weaknesses for each shaman spec in PvE & PvP.

For anyone thinking of changing main, including myself the enh thread seems pretty stagnant, some good discussion going in the ele thread but the responses are quite lengthy and I haven't searched too far into the Resto thread but If anyone could give me a nice quick rundown of each I'd be very grateful.

Here's some videos I've found so far to help me out on my decision.

Ele - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-4GuRPd9w 3 weeks old PvE / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2nYNzx3Ro 5 days old PvP

Enh - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtTAExVIDpY PvE,

Resto - Haven't found much on resto.
    Do you want to change your main to a shaman or from a shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    Do you want to change your main to a shaman or from a shaman?
    To a shaman from warrior

I won't be able to really comment much on the PVP side, but from what I have experienced personally from a PVE side, I really enjoy Elemental so far.

I main an Ele sham on live and have for years, primarily with a Restoration Offspec.

To give comparison on at least WoD to what Legion feels like now:

Elemental Wise the big downsides to ele feel to be fixed (mostly) though our aoe ramp up still feels potentially longer than other classes for it's full potential. Single target in my opinion the rotation/fantasy of it feels pretty good. I think when the artifact is maxed we'll be quite strong even. Early on I am not 100% sure, due to multiple +3% or so damage boosts on one side of the tree, which, to get arguably the most powerful artifact ability is not on the same path as the passive buffs... I worry that we might end up under-tuned early on due to this becoming stronger later. The rotational problems however, such as shocks CDs and such are not there so the quality of life feels much better. I am feeling much more optimistic for this spec this expansion than WoD in terms of performance.

As far as Enhancement goes, I do not have any real experience with it on Alpha, but, every person I've talked to that I know personally, love it and say it is incredibly fun and satisfying.

Restoration wise, at the moment I enjoy resto much more on alpha than I do on live. One of my issues with healing in general for WoD, was it didn't feel very strong without cooldowns, performing well as a healer felt more like it was more cooldown based than before (which could just be my feeling of it) however, healing felt on alpha when I've done it, even without your cds, it was more meaningful/powerful again.

I think the class will overall be enjoyable to play, but it's a bit early to tell how strong it will actually be until numbers are more finalized. At least from a PVE perspective.

The Enhancement overview misses out so, so, so many factors (both numbers and effects) it's not really worth listening to.

thanks for the input

Elemental looks fun indeed, I started maining Elemental in WoD, switched over to Warrior in Hellfire. Only thing that's holding me back from being Elemental is the solo play. I dislike solo old raids and just doing some solo content as a caster. Still debating on Warrior or Elemental

I played elemental from BC till now, after playing on the alpha I am leaning towards enhancement. Elemental feels awkward to me, while enhance feels incredibly smooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I played elemental from BC till now, after playing on the alpha I am leaning towards enhancement. Elemental feels awkward to me, while enhance feels incredibly smooth.
    Really? Ele feels almost exactly like it does in WoD just with more positive QoL changes. Interested to hear what things specifically make it feel awkward?

7+ Year Old Account
    It has always been a kind of 'awkward' spec tbh,

In BC it was spam Lightningbolt over aggro cause of Echo and Die, Ankh and keep on DPSing.

Wrath added Lavaburst to the mix along with Hex and Windshear. Granted Windshear was awesome when it came out to fully drop aggro after like 4 of them. Lavaburst hit like a truck. One grip was the need for an AOE ability as Elemental at the time did not have one.

Cataclysm came the induction of Lavasurge which was a godsend and the Channeled Earthquake which also came with a nerf of earthquake mid way through which made it hard cast and Fire and forget, the numbers where a mess. They also introuced the Casting while moving Glyph to the shaman Class.

Mists of Pandaria the Talent system allowed us to up the anti so to speak, i personally enjoyed Elemental Blast as it hit like a truck and had a bonus of a small stat boost, Granted thi was probably the best expansion thus far to be an Elemental Shaman, we had Powerful AOE our single target was amazeballs and we where very very Mobile. Castable while moving LB I will miss you.

WOD seemed to focus us on our AOE more than anything else and the change from having our mastery Echo of the Elements to Molten earth (I hate this mastery btw) and Making Multi a stat. People didnt realize how much of a damage loss we actually have with this mastery change. Our Damaged was nerfd into oblivion for unknown reasons and tbh it seems like they have broken working mechanics that worked well together.

Just my 2 cents....it is in a odd place.