Question Barrage the Balcony in Skyreach?

We all know Barrage does crazy pulls. Crazy! But I'm tanking mythic Skyreach for my guild over the weekend and hunter pulls the mobs from the balcony (the one you run through the wind to reach) just as we're clearing trash to fight Rukhran. We ended up fighting them all at once; it was unexpected and kind of fun because hey! at least it was different.

Got to wondering afterwards if this is a thing? For challenge modes maybe? I haven't tried CMs since I started playing again, but I can see how this would be a time saver. The wind goes away after this trash pack is cleared, so we didn't even have to deal with it after Rukhran was dead. Question is, could you get Barrage to pull them if you were trying? Or does it only work to pull mobs you DON'T mean to pull? lol

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even go that way in challenge modes, so no. For CMs you start at Viryx, kill him, kill yourself, pull everything to Ranjit, clear both packs before Araknath, and then by time you kill Rukhran you have mob count and you already killed Viryx earlier on so the CM just ends there.

Quote Originally Posted by Odobisean View Post
    You don't even go that way in challenge modes, so no. For CMs you start at Viryx, kill him, kill yourself, pull everything to Ranjit, clear both packs before Araknath, and then by time you kill Rukhran you have mob count and you already killed Viryx earlier on so the CM just ends there.
    Ah ok. How do you start at Viryx? Does the whole instance just work differently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Ah ok. How do you start at Viryx? Does the whole instance just work differently?
    You do a run like normal, then you suicide at the last boss, before you restart you have a player cast resurrect on three others and then they stay dead until you restart the run, when the run starts again you accept rez and you spawn at Viryx.

You do a run like normal, then you suicide at the last boss, before you restart you have a player cast resurrect on three others and then they stay dead until you restart the run, when the run starts again you accept rez and you spawn at Viryx.
    Cool! I wonder how long it took for someone to think of that one!

It might not have been barrage. A hunter taught me a trick where if you throw an explosive trap at the right place on the balcony above you it will pull all the mobs up there which comes in quite handy since it turns off the winds on the next section

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    It might not have been barrage. A hunter taught me a trick where if you throw an explosive trap at the right place on the balcony above you it will pull all the mobs up there which comes in quite handy since it turns off the winds on the next section
    Well in this case I know it was barrage; it was a guildie that did it and we were in vent at the time (all laughing about it). But if you can reliably pull them with a trap, that would be worth doing every time! Much easier than running through the wind. We may have to start doing that.

Deleted
    Well S hapens man i manage to pull Archimonde with barage and i was definetly sit on more than 40 yards away and yet one arrow just split on like 90 degree from my position and ninjapull the boss
    Atm in alpha atleast they solve that huge cone pull i think because barrage hits anything in 8 yard of the target but still can hit anything very ahead from me

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    Been doing this for ages but most of the time people in random mythics just run through the wind even if I announce the pull before the boss. I guess I gotta start pulling them when we fight the two bird packs.

Deleted
    Everyone calls us retards after pulling extra packs, now it becomes useful! Such irony...

Never knew that but I only know of skipping the first trash with pet and druid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-XS9BkIFvk

That pack can be pulled with any targeted spell with a reticule. Helps if you want to skip running against the wind.