Poll: Is it rude to burn the map/banner or burst the blood someone else is makes available?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    YES! I also find myself wondering why we can't rescue slaves/prisoners of the other faction. I mean, I donate monthly to "Free the Slaves" in RL. Neither I nor any of my alts would leave anyone in slavery if I were in a position to do something about it. I'm supposed to walk right past someone in chains because politics? When I have alts on both sides who consider themselves friends? Where's the sense in that?
    It makes me feel sad when I hit the objective amount of freeing NPC's, I want to free them all but it won't let me click on them anymore I'm so sorry left behind slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    But I want to answer Not carying what people do in certain situation is a valid answer ^^
    Fair enough.
    MMO doesn't give me the option to add responses, but I'll try to do better next time.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Personally, I think it definitely is rude/poor manners. However, a lot of players don't care about that, so there is little you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Amywef View Post
    It makes me feel sad when I hit the objective amount of freeing NPC's, I want to free them all but it won't let me click on them anymore I'm so sorry left behind slaves.
    Me too. I would repeat the objective until I freed them all, except that's silly of course since they just get replaced. But it does feel strange to say "Well that's 100%, sorry about the rest of you poor sods" as I fly away...

I stopped doing the Tanaan dailies after I reached exalted with the factions, but before that I just wanted to get them done asap even if it meant "stealing" from people.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezs View Post
    I called someone a c*unt for taking away my mobs at the bleeding hollow daily.

Needless to say; I got banned for 3 hours.
    I have insulted a handful of people with this type of behaviour over the years, but never got banned.

I might have been extremely lucky.

I just pirate all the quest objectives. I can't be even bothered to see if anyone else around was going for the same thing. 99% of the time I don't hear anyone complain about it, and most of the time other people do the same thing to me, which I also don't care about. I or the other person only lose a few seconds of lifetime max. Though in the extremely rare circumstance that someone gets butthurt over it, I just throw that person some gold and he/she becomes more happier than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Me too. I would repeat the objective until I freed them all, except that's silly of course since they just get replaced. But it does feel strange to say "Well that's 100%, sorry about the rest of you poor sods" as I fly away...
    Only instanced questing can finally solve this silly immersion problem. Then we'll finally have quests, like "Kill ALL mobs in enemy fortress" and "Free ALL slaves in enemy camp".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

People who do that are assholes, and I hate them.

I normally don't steal someones nodes or area shit, I get a little annoyed if someone does it to me. If it's someone who is taking the entire area, i'll bring the rare over.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

If the game was actually difficult and took time to do shit then I'd say yes it's rude but considering those mobs die in 3 hits and respawn within seconds - fuck no, just take whatever you want from whoever you want and whenever you want.

Yup, I whisper people and /frown at them all the time. It's rude, just like when you are fighting a mob near a gathering node and they plop down and grab it. And just because you do it and the guy doesn't always whisper you doesn't mean he didn't think you were being an asshole.

I don't honk at every person who ever cut me off, took a parking spot, or wasn't following the rules of the road. But that doesn't mean what they did was somehow right.

A ton of the frustration is being fixed in legion with all mobs sharing tags to at least 5 players and interact objects being phased per player though.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Back in TBC I was doing the Isle of QD dailies with my warrior in her blue + green dps gear. After I mined a rich Adamantite deposit I got a whisper saying I should have left it for someone with more epics.

This is an example of why Blizzard's design for WoD was poor.

-No shared tags.
    -Cannot interact without clearing the mobs.
    -The mobs are not worth anything significant.
    -You can't stop other people from taking the stuff you're clearing out.

I of course think the people that steal stuff in this way are in the wrong (and made it a point never to do this to others), but at the end of the day this part of the design directly encourages players to treat each other as competition.

Legion's new multi-tag system might change this... but then, if they don't let everyone interact with things like the banners, all it will do is let the person throw a dot at your mob, steal the banner, and still take the thing you're working on clearing out. (Edit: Apparently Blizzard is fixing this? Good for them! Happy to be wrong in this case.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    A ton of the frustration is being fixed in legion with all mobs sharing tags to at least 5 players and interact objects being phased per player though.
    Oh, I didn't know that last point.

I truly didn't think Blizzard would go for that... I'm impressed.

It's rude, but it's just a quest objective. When it's loot that's just not cool.

If someone is clearing towards an objective (a named mob or quest activator), I won't skip ahead of them unless they've already done the same to me. I like to preemptively put them on ignore, as well, that way I don't have to see their terribly misspelled and rambling rebuttal.

Nothing this expansion was worse then the assholes who would put their trap over mine and get the item.

This happens to me but on rare occasions with the Tanaan Quests and its annoying considering I already am on a low server an the zones population is already empty.

Literally who cares about wod dailies?

I get that players are trying to complete their dailies asap, but isn't part of maturing the realization that other players are also trying to complete theirs and your needs don't trump theirs? In other words, empathy? The Golden Rule?

And I get that the adds die easy and respawn fast, but isn't that exactly why you should be happy to clear your own and earn your own secondary rewards? Any way you slice it, taking someone else's 3% or 5% after they've cleared the 1% that made it possible is still taking their effort for your reward.

Since when is the completion of your objectives more urgent than theirs? Other than behaving as if it's all anonymous and no community which is what so many keep complaining about?

- - - Updated - - -

My own instincts run something like this:

With guildies/friends I might play pirate and tease each other in vent and make a game of it, but with strangers or those I don't know so well I would always make an effort to show courtesy and build community. Just my two cents.

Welcome to an MMO, where players fight for certain pixels to get their whatever done faster.