Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Obama's last WHCD speech

There you go, for those that couldn't see it.
    As usual, he knocks it out of the ballpark.

For completion, Larry Wilmore too:

Imo, Obama gave the actual comedian a run for his money.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I don't know... it doesn't seem the right time to be cracking jokes for a man in his position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I don't know... it doesn't seem the right time to be cracking jokes for a man in his position.
    It's an American tradition once a year.
    The serious matters of the event, which takes several hours, are not part of these fun roast speeches.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

"CPT"? Colored people time?

Marijuana jokes, Red Wedding jokes.

Called Bernie his "comrade". lol

Why can't he run for third term. *sigh*
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-05-01 at 01:58 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

You should thank whoever wrote his speech for him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Waste of money, the thing isn't even about what it was initially intended for, just one big circle jerk now.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A funny speech is only as good as the man delivering it.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did it! He did the mic drop! I only voted for him so he could do the mic drop! Literally greatest president of all time!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    the amount of circle jerk and butt hurt within this thread already is pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    "CPT"? Colored people time?

Marijuana jokes, Red Wedding jokes.

Called Bernie his "comrade". lol

Why can't he run for third term. *sigh*
    Given what we have to choose from now I agree.

However, I must stipulate that I don't want the US to declare marshal law. That will be the first step to the states saying "Yay we're free!" And then in a month or so we get news reports about how china is killing the west coast and how russia is killing the east coast and we're like "What the fuck why won't anybody stop them oh holy shit we got sold out they fucking sold us out" And then we'll all be dead or chinese ass sex slaves on the south sea concrete gulags.

There was only 300 million of us, of course it was fucking easy.

Hehe, I saw this on my phone. It was pretty amusing.

"Earn me some serious, Tubmans." -- haha!

Deleted
    I thought it would be cringe worthy but that man sure can tell a good joke. He was far better than Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If I recall correctly, he actually has a whole team of top comedians writing his stuff for these things. Still, it was another hilarious dinner, I can't imagine either of the potentials for next year being able to deliver anything comparable.

Why can't they just stop these stupid dinners? Nothing but a bunch of elitist playing up to the easily amused.

Of course it turned into the joke it's become back in the 80's like everything else because you know they weren't doing this crap during the great depression or world wars.

Maybe he should've chosen a comedian carrier instead of politics? Less harmful anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Why can't they just stop these stupid dinners? Nothing but a bunch of elitist playing up to the easily amused.

Of course it turned into the joke it's become back in the 80's like everything else because you know they weren't doing this crap during the great depression or world wars.
    It is hosted and paid for by the White House Correspondence Association, which is a private organization that represents the press corps that covers the White House and the President... And the proceeds of the dinner go towards WHCA journalism scholarships...

How does that impact you in the slightest?

Obama is pretty much the man. I don't agree with him on everything, but dude he's a president I actually feel proud to have.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post

Man, I bet you're the life of the party. A party with a lot of really wet blankets.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what you think about his policies, you've gotta admit: this guy knows how to make a stand-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

If only he dealt with tumultuous global events with the grace he shows on stage.