Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I don't think so, it's still in alpha, but what that means isn't clear cut.

How many people are in there testing? - is it a beta-like level of testers? I don't think so
    What stage of development is it at? - is it at a level that is typical of a beta? I don't think so either.
    I'm in the alpha and I'd say the answer is yes to both. It's clear as day that we're far past previous expansions alphas and well into their beta segments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm in the alpha and I'd say the answer is yes to both. It's clear as day that we're far past previous expansions alphas and well into their beta segments.
    really? you think we have as many testers in the alpha now as in the stage of beta?

and whiles in terms of how much art work has been done etc, we defintely are farther along than previous alphas, but there are still a lot of things still up in the air, changing a lot, it's not fine tuning stage yet,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The tag means literally nothing any more, they are calling it alpha but it's still way ahead of earlier betas. Actually it makes sense if they want "beta" to be a phase where pretty much everything is implemented, and testing is mostly focused on tweaks and tuning.
    I am in alpha, believe me when I tell you this is more like pre-alpha where nothing works and you get stuck and have to remake your toon or hope on server reset you are no longer stuck

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    I am in alpha, believe me when I tell you this is more like pre-alpha where nothing works and you get stuck and have to remake your toon or hope on server reset you are no longer stuck
    My bullshit detector is redlining.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from the occasional series of disconnects, which in every single case can be solved by clearing the cache folder, i have found the alpha to be very stable. The vast majority of systems are in place and functioning. Yes not all of the zones are finished and not all of the world quests are in place, but compared to previous Betas, Legion is much further along than its dev tag would suggest.

By the time Beta actually launches, if ever, it will be purely for numbers tuning. There just isnt much left that hasnt already been implemented.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-03 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    really? you think we have as many testers in the alpha now as in the stage of beta?
    Other than end of betas/MoP, yeah.

and whiles in terms of how much art work has been done etc, we defintely are farther along than previous alphas, but there are still a lot of things still up in the air, changing a lot, it's not fine tuning stage yet,
    I mean, fine tuning usually happens post release as far as I've seen. We saw practically nothing of garrisons for most of WoD beta for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Instead of another thread about the name of Project X, you guys should start discussing why you think that either (a) you will get an invite once the name I changed or (b) you should have have an invite at all. Like, what do you think you could contribute that isn't already covered covered by the sample of testers currently in the belpha?

It's not in alpha, it's actually in gamma. Blizzard has just named it incorrectly and nobody has told them LOL

Alpha still missing a lot, cut sences, voice stuff and lot of more stuff. some classes dont even got followers for class hall yet, others got some.

BTW op Demon hunter only fun part of it is dubble jump and gliding ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Clear 13/13 mythic and you will get an invite.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt even subbed and i got one. Retired PVPer with no WoD mythic experience. Not a streamer either. Weird that i and so many others dont fit all these peculiar rules that people make up to justify why they didnt get randomly picked for an invite.

Dumbasses expect Betas to be 100% perfect demos now. Alpha tag is just to lower expectations.