Poll: Should Blizzard ban bots and botters?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Blizzard ban bots?

There was threads about discussing bots and bots bans and banwaves, but i havent seen threads with polls about bots. Would be interesting to see what % of ppl think about it.

I seen alot bots in WOTLK mostly grinding mats/quest item bots and few bg bots, but MOP and Cataclysm had probably much more bots compare to WOTLK including Random BG bots,questing bots and herbalism/mining bots.

Saying this because i seen that some ppl was defending botters saying that bots help skip bad parts of game and play best parts, i personally dislike bots because when i play random BGs i find killing players more fun than killing bots.

(Not saying that i hate them, i understand different ppl like different parts of the game, but bots was ruining Random BG experience to other players during Cata imo)

This question is not about WOD im talking about bots in WOW overall including future expansions and past expansions
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-05-01 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, obviously.

Deleted
    Depends on what the bot is doing imo.

I find it hard to believe fishing is something that should be in the game in its current form.

Deleted
    Yes of course bots/botters should be banned. Even people who use bots would probably agree that they *should* be banned.

Deleted
    Ofc, but it is very unfair to expect them to remove every bot. Just like with malware etc, the detection will always be chasing the bots, this is simply the nature of the issue.
    I will say however that Blizzard could have done more about bots in the past.

This isnt a question, ofc they should be banned. Automation isnt playing the game.
    Smile like you mean it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Yes, botters should be banned.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Depends on what the bot is doing imo.

I find it hard to believe fishing is something that should be in the game in its current form.
    I would love to see it as an active mini game with bigger rewards than it's current form. Like, 100 fish for completing this puzzle, as opposed to 1 fish for 20 sec of your time and a shift+right-click. Fishing just seems so completely inactive. Catching the fish should be the fun part, not spazzing out when you see the bobber bloop.

OT: Yes.. botting should be banned.

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

7+ Year Old Account
    how the hell is that even a question?
    ofc they should ban them!
    ban every single one of those asshats!

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Nooo !!!!!!

Deleted
    Ban bot and remove fishing from the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should ban them and burn them on the stakes!!!

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the need for the question. Blizzard already does ban bots when they find them and figure out a way to break that current iteration of the bot. Yes, it might take them some time to do so, but that way they do not tip off the bot creators as to what exactly got them caught in the first place. As to the answer to the question, yes, Blizzard should ban bots as that is cheating.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Of course they should be banned, no matter what kinda bot we're talking about.

If people can't be bothered with doing something themselves, be it fishing, PvP, PvE, or anything at all, then they shouldn't be doing it. Need fish to make food for raids but don't wanna fish? Spend your gold at the AH! Want *insert reward* that requires a large amount of *insert activity*? Then get to work or say goodbye to that *insert reward*.

"But it's so boring and/or tedious!"
    Don't care, take it or leave it.

Deleted
    Botting is against the terms of service and its cheating.

So, yes. Without a doubt. All forms of botting have to be banned. If you allow one, it become the world of bots.

"Should rapists go to prison?"

Imo bots that directly impact other people's experience like BG bots should be permabanned and not just in waves. Some other bots like questing/leveling bots and fishing bots I don't really mind.

Well....the ORIGINAL selling point of the client / server model was to ban hackers / botters. The real question is why they ever got away from doing that in the first place?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Yes, of course they should. How is that even a question?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-05-01 at 04:00 PM.

As the recipient of a 6 month ban for using a leveling bot, I'm obviously in favor of bots. (And I'm not crying about my ban, here, just full disclosure) Shit, bots that are well-designed are probably better than most of the randos I get stuck in 5 mans with, I'd welcome that. I think from Blizzard's perspective though, it's easier to just send out banwave after banwave rather than try to distinguish between people who are trying to abuse the economy, and those who are just trying to level, dungeon, etc.

But it's their game, and they can do what they want. I'll never argue their right to refuse to allow bots and ban those who use them.