Legion Fire Mage Question

Hello Mages,

Long time Paladin making the switch to Mage for Legion to join this wonderful community. I was messing around with the three Mage specializations on Alpha and I had a quick question for the Tier 6 Fire Mage talents.

The tier 6 talent, "Flame Patch", basically increases the damage of Flame Strike by 35k damage. The base damage of Flame Strike is 46k damage at iLevel 806 on the PvP Alpha Test Server. The base damage of Pyroblast at the same iLevel is 73.5k damage. With the "Flame Patch" talent, this brings Flame Strike damage to 81k damage over 8 seconds.

Now I'm not the smartest, I'll be the first to say that, but if you had a boss standing in the same spot for 8 seconds, would Flame Strike actually be better single target with "Flame Patch" talent?

As I said I could be missing something. I look forward to seeing if I'm wrong

Talint.

- - - Updated - - -

Disregard. I answered my own question. Flame Strike may do 10k more damage, but it does not proc "Hot Streak" if it Crit's, which obviously causes less damage in the long run.

Thanks,

Talint.
    Warrior Class Hall...

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Be glad you got at least a pretty place while the rogues got a sewage filled dalaran underbelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    At least its filled with rogue stuff and not golden light golems and angels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disregarded.

Closing the thread. Also, for future questions like this, use the Fire Mage Legion thread, do not open new threads for minor questions.
    My magic will tear you apart.