Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Taking things out of context and sprinkling in talking points isnt an argument. Public pensions are unsustainable and largely already insolvent.
    So you're arguing that it's completely OK to breach a contract while you have made posts in the past about wages and benefits being included in what an employee is worth? How interesting....you support theft from a worker yet bang on and on about how giving workers a higher minimum wage is theft from corporations.

Pensions are a fucking disgrace, it's not even an argument. All public unions need to die in a fire.

- - - Updated - - -

A strong national infrastructure is vital to national security, more so than anything involving Muslims. It's one of the few things worth raising taxes for.
    Want to go back to the good old days where people worked 20 hours a day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking things out of context and sprinkling in talking points isnt an argument. Public pensions are unsustainable and largely already insolvent.
    They're perfectly sustainable if you keep them out of the reach of right-wing politicians (i.e. all Republicans and most Democrats) who will raid them to fuel their endless tax cuts and don't just leave the money sitting around.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So you're arguing that it's completely OK to breach a contract while you have made posts in the past about wages and benefits being included in what an employee is worth? How interesting....you support theft from a worker yet bang on and on about how giving workers a higher minimum wage is theft from corporations.
    Signing a contract with a union is never legitimate because it's under duress. As for the second part of your bullshit, I'm lost for words as what you said doesn't make sense and is blatantly false.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot you can't have a rational discussion about pensions with economically unstudied people.

I take it all back pensions are great, we need to have more of them and make the bigger. Yea!

Signing a contract with a union is never legitimate because it's under duress. As for the second part of your bullshit, I'm lost for words as what you said doesn't make sense and is blatantly false.
    What!? Signing a union contract is under duress but signing one with a multinational business with God's Army of lawyers behind it isn't?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as you're going to start out by lying let's address your own bullshit.

1. A Collective Bargaining Agreement is between the Company and the Union -- Both sides get to make demands and they meet in the middle. Neither side gets everything they want. Breaching said contract does result in a strike.

2. You don't have rational discussions. You start out with shit-slinging and Anti-Labor rhetoric.

3. Pensions are paid into by the worker. The Company and in this case Public Sector has that written into their agreement. If you're advocating that we remove pensions you're outright claiming that's its OK to steal the money that workers have put aside via their negotiations.

4. Yes you're right pensions are wonderful until as Masark said you have Conservative law makers trying to put their hands in it. Maybe you need to consider who you call "Economically Unstudied"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Want to go back to the good old days where people worked 20 hours a day?
    you forgot to include child workers in there. good old child labor. too bad we can't get good obedient help like that anymore.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot you can't have a rational discussion about pensions with economically unstudied people.

I take it all back pensions are great, we need to have more of them and make the bigger. Yea!
    I'd hardly consider you economically studied based on the content of your posts. Pension plans are perfectly sustainable if they're reasonably structured, they worked for ages. Politicians screwing with them and the Private sector screwing retirees by forcing a switch to 401k's and other similar plans to reduce their own costs doesn't make Pensions bad. We didn't switch to the current system because it was better, we switched because it was more profitable for a few.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2016-05-04 at 04:50 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

M
    Well seeing as you're going to start out by lying let's address your own bullshit.

1. A Collective Bargaining Agreement is between the Company and the Union -- Both sides get to make demands and they meet in the middle. Neither side gets everything they want. Breaching said contract does result in a strike.

2. You don't have rational discussions. You start out with shit-slinging and Anti-Labor rhetoric.

3. Pensions are paid into by the worker. The Company and in this case Public Sector has that written into their agreement. If you're advocating that we remove pensions you're outright claiming that's its OK to steal the money that workers have put aside via their negotiations.

4. Yes you're right pensions are wonderful until as Masark said you have Conservative law makers trying to put their hands in it. Maybe you need to consider who you call "Economically Unstudied"
    Your whole post is trolling and non sense. You cannot have a faithful negotiation with a public Union because you are negotiating the tax dollars of generations that aren't even born. That's crooked as shit.

And no salon article or Reddit post is going to prove otherwise. Statistics don't care about your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I'd hardly consider you economically studied based on the content of your posts. Pension plans are perfectly sustainable if they're reasonably structured, they worked for ages. Politicians screwing with them and the Private sector screwing retirees by forcing a switch to 401k's and other similar plans to reduce their own costs doesn't make Pensions bad. We didn't switch to the current system because it was better, we switched because it was more profitable for a few.
    Pensions certainly can be sustainable, but most public pensions aren't because the government is run by corrupt fuckheads. The idea of negotiating a contract for taxpayers that aren't alive is morally disgusting and I won't stand for it.

I also could really care less about your opinion on my level of intelligence, this forum is the most intolerant cesspool of groupthink I've ever encountered.

10+ Year Old Account
    M

Your whole post is trolling and non sense. You cannot have a faithful negotiation with a public Union because you are negotiating the tax dollars of generations that aren't even born. That's crooked as shit.

And no salon article or Reddit post is going to prove otherwise. Statistics don't care about your feelings.
    So basically you have no argument and are pulling things out of your ass per usual?

Facts don't care about your feelings. Maybe you should work on getting some of that economical study you were prattling on about.

So basically you have no argument and are pulling things out of your ass per usual?

Facts don't care about your feelings. Maybe you should work on getting some of that economical study you were prattling on about.
    Nice argument

Nice argument
    It seems you edited your post, but I saw it before you did. You can't just ask people be modded for making posts inconvenient for you. I mean you are accusing someone who is stating facts as a troll. Come on dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice argument
    Same could be said for your initial post. Keep banging on there bro. You and I both know you have no argument...It's basically the same shit show you put out in every thread. How about showing some of those statistics you're claiming?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-05 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It seems you edited your post, but I saw it before you did. You can't just ask people be modded for making posts inconvenient for you. I mean you are accusing someone who is stating facts as a troll. Come on dude.
    Stating facts? Where? Oh did you mean opinions you agree with become facts?

- - - Updated - - -

Same could be said for your initial post. Keep banging on there bro. You and I both know you have no argument...It's basically the same shit show you put out in every thread. How about showing some of those statistics you're claiming?
    you having an opinion and getting circle jerked by the left wing army on this forum is not an argument, it's a circle jerk. I've already wasted to much time responding to you. There is no point is discussing anything with you, we will never be on the same side.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-05 at 12:00 AM.

Stating facts? Where? Oh did you mean opinions you agree with become facts?

- - - Updated - - -

you having an opinion and getting circle jerked by the left wing army on this forum is not an argument, it's a circle jerk. I've already wasted to much time responding to you. There is no point is discussing anything with you, we will never be on the same side.
    Yep you pretty much have nothing. Per usual.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-05 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Roads, bridges and schools are unnecessary fat? You have to be fucking kidding right? Without roads and bridges, nothing gets shipped anywhere. Without schools, people remain fucking stupid and vote against their own interests. Now I know why you vote republican.
    Don't be stupid. I should not have to spell out for you what is inferred by trim unnecessary fat. Or maybe I do, they call them Dumbocrats for a reason. Nevertheless, I shall take your deliberate overreaction and phony outrage as an indicator of your marginal intelligence. You should like Trump, he is an Internet Bully just like you.

Pensions are a fucking disgrace, it's not even an argument. All public unions need to die in a fire.

A strong national infrastructure is vital to national security, more so than anything involving Muslims. It's one of the few things worth raising taxes for.
    I can't say I disagree with that. You can cut the ACTUAL FAT in order to pay for those things. No need to raise taxes.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-05 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

M

This guys. Gets REKT and then accuses other people of trolling.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-05 at 05:17 PM.