Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crafted Xaril, Poisoned Mind last night, one of the better class Legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Sure, all those things are great but if all you get out of fandral is a raven idol or 4 damage wrath / card draw, then it is not going to be enough. Mark of Yshaarj is great and you can usually stick a beast early to use it but in general the beasts you play will be weaker compared to midrange and control decks. I could often get the initiative and take board control early but it was fiendishly difficult to keep it long enough to play something like Fandral + power of the wild.

When I managed it, the odds were good that I'd win but it was not very common to actually get to that point. That was my experience anyway. Mind sharing what deck you played? Maybe mine just wasn't very good.
    2 x Living Roots
    2 x Raven Idon
    2 x Mark of Y'Shaarj
    2 x Power of the Wild
    2 x Wrath
    1 x Darnassus aspirant (testing)
    2 x Druid of the Saber
    1 x Addled Grizzly (testing)
    2 x Druid of the Flame
    2 x Mounted Raptor
    2 x Swipe
    1 x Fandral Staghelm
    1 x Mire Keeper
    1 x Savage Combatant
    2 x Wildwalker
    2 x Druid of the Claw
    1 x Thaurissan (tried sylvanas, almost never got any use out of her, testing thaurissan now)
    1 x Ancient of War
    1 x Cenarius

I find grabbing early board with beasts + wildwalkers meant that if I actually did get fandral fairly early in it was practically game. Tried keeping fandral in hand for shenanigans but it's generally not worth it unless you have saber / roots to cover your early game.

Remember Fandral is going to either a) soak their removal no matter how inefficient or b) be completely ignored till it's too late as people feel it's effect isn't important. Your board presence prior particularly if you had druids of the flame or hp buffed minions likely mean most removal except possibly the hardest is gone when you want to ideally throw him down turn 5/6 with a combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Remember Fandral is going to either a) soak their removal no matter how inefficient ...
    Or just traded efficiently, with either minions, spells or weapons? Mages and rogues have a lot of cheap spells, rogues & warriors & shamans have both spells and weapons, and priests tended to simply out control me. This was always my biggest problem.

Other than that we have very similar decks; I have two mire keepers and no Thaurissan. Although I agree on Sylvanas, tends to be very useless. I also have no addled grizzly.
    Last edited by mmoc6e18b67333; 2016-05-04 at 01:24 AM.

I recently obtained enough dust to craft 2 legendaries (full f2p player here) and I didn't know what the priority legendaries were but since I got a bunch of C'thun minions from my packs (40 packs worth of gold +13 free) I crafted Emperor Vek'lash and so far everyone was saying Sylvanas is a staple card for a lot of decks.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2016-05-04 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I recently obtained enough dust to craft 2 legendaries (full f2p player here) and I didn't know what the priority legendaries were but since I got a bunch of C'thun minions from my packs (40 packs worth of gold +13 free) I crafted Emperor Vek'lash and Sylvanas.
    Good call, both are solid in C'thun decks and Sylvanas is playable in anything right now except maybe Shaman.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO Dark Arrakoa is probably the strongest C'Thun based minion for a class right now. An easy 4/10 makes me wonder if Blizzard will start tuning the requirements for these cards at some point soon. I could see some of these cards with similar Battlecries either having their bonuses reduced or their requirements increased. The Priest 6/5 that heals for 10 is pretty crazy with the same requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Or just traded efficiently, with either minions, spells or weapons? Mages and rogues have a lot of cheap spells, rogues & warriors & shamans have both spells and weapons, and priests tended to simply out control me. This was always my biggest problem.
    Mages I usually got to waste removal on y'shaarj minions. Warriors were 50/50 both on whether they had control as it's absolutely endless (and I tended to play fandral later, ideally after the first brawl) or were patron, which the deck similarly struggled with. Usually I could beat down a control warrior, though.

The point is they won't trade efficiently with minions because you're nearly always meant to have the board and have 'enticed' spells out with a semi threatening minion or few already, generally. Be aggressive to begin with and once the board is yours go value.

Shamans I've had 0 issues with in terms of control, merely if I lost the aggro race. Played 1 'yogg' shaman and the only reason he stood a chance was yogg :P

Rogues are a struggle. Tempted to run SOMETHING just ot get rid of the damn vancleef, although 1 game they got a 10/10 vancleef out turn 3 due to hustler pulling innervate out of me, and managed to 'keep up' thanks to some RNG and a buffed catform druid of the flames. Generally a game never feels 'good' against a rogue though, even if it's post 50% winrate from my experience.

I've only faced c'thun priests who I think 9/10 times I've won the board and consequently the game. Probably the easiest of the 3 common c'thun matchups as the healing does nothing but delay a turn when your board is full of 4+ hp minions.

Other than that we have very similar decks; I have two mire keepers and no Thaurissan. Although I agree on Sylvanas, tends to be very useless. I also have no addled grizzly.
    Addled grizzly was latest addition and it will promptly be leaving the deck as it doesn't work with choose effects that change the card (so most of the good ones), other than that it may just be the opponents we see or a playstyle. If the latter I'd bet it's not being aggressive enough. f.ex. I'll throw anything I can to get presence turn 1-2 generally, even power for the kitty despite it's synergy with fandral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Lately I really been considering crafting Yogg-Saron. I don't really like that card thought because of the rng. It seems thought most of the time when it works Yogg works as removal or card draw.

Blizzard have really made it hard to craft this expansion most of the legends are deck specific.

So far I have crafted Nzoth, Malkorok, Leeroy, Lightlord, Arcane blast, Forbidden healing and thunder bluff valiant. Ended up playing dragon warrior to rank 5, which is non of my originally planned deck that I crafted all the stuff for. Well it did use Malkorok.

Stuff I plan to craft next is probably

Yogg

Fandral

Call of the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    No. You need the Battlecry to make him worth it, a single 4/6 taunt for 7 is crap.

If you have a couple of minions - say, 2 x Disciples which are also good in non-C'thun decks due to their nuke battlecry - you CAN get a 10/10 C'thun to get double Emps. Not reliable though. And I believe you also need C'thun himself in your deck to get it to work. At that point you might as well just make a C'thun deck.
    You don't need to have C'thun in the deck. As long as the bonus adds up so that he "would" be 10/10 or better it still works as the bonus is added to C'thun even if he isn't in the deck

Crafted N'Zoth since he's really bad ass and goes well in a number of decks (Priest/Pala/maybe even Hunter)

I've been wondering what the best legendaries and epics are to craft, so far I've come with these:

Legendary

1. N'Zoth
    2. Xaril
    3. Fandral
    4. Twin Emperors
    5. Ragnaros Lightlord

Epic

1. Call of the Wild
    2. Cabalist Tome
    3. Forbidden Flame
    4. Forbidden Healing
    5. Eternal Sentinel

I might've forgotten some that are important auto-includes. I haven't crafted new stuff yet but I'd like to know which ones are the most necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I've been wondering what the best legendaries and epics are to craft, so far I've come with these:

Legendary

1. N'Zoth
    2. Xaril
    3. Fandral
    4. Twin Emperors
    5. Ragnaros Lightlord

Epic

1. Call of the Wild
    2. Cabalist Tome
    3. Forbidden Flame
    4. Forbidden Healing
    5. Eternal Sentinel

I might've forgotten some that are important auto-includes. I haven't crafted new stuff yet but I'd like to know which ones are the most necessary.
    Call of the Wild is good but it's too slow right now so I don't think it's the most important epic you listed, Cabalist Tome, Forbidden Healing and Eternal Sentinel are much more useful and impactful right now.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    IMO Dark Arrakoa is probably the strongest C'Thun based minion for a class right now. An easy 4/10 makes me wonder if Blizzard will start tuning the requirements for these cards at some point soon. I could see some of these cards with similar Battlecries either having their bonuses reduced or their requirements increased. The Priest 6/5 that heals for 10 is pretty crazy with the same requirement.
    Dark Arakkoa is the 5/7 with taunt, but you're still right that they're both really strong. (You're thinking of Klaxxi Amber Weaver)

For legendaries, I'd say the top two seem to be Xaril, Poisoned Mind and N'zoth.

Not that the competition is that high (Anomalus and Boogeyman lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For legendaries, I'd say the top two seem to be Xaril, Poisoned Mind and N'zoth.
    I crafted Xaril thinking it would catapult my miracle rogue into the upper echelons. Then after a few games I realized I was shit at Miracle Rogue, it's a hard deck to play for sure, like Freeze Mage in the beginning.

Bit like that Hunter legendary Princess Huhuran, hailed as close to top tier on release but nowadays many top streamers don't even include it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Yays to me for looting a golden Twin Emps. It's so scary that two people have quit so far after I summon them.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Arakkoa is the 5/7 with taunt, but you're still right that they're both really strong. (You're thinking of Klaxxi Amber Weaver)

Not that the competition is that high (Anomalus and Boogeyman lol).
    Most of the legendary class minions are terrible in this set. All the good legendary minions are neutral which is kind of sad. I mean, there aren't even that many great legendary class minions across all classes. Most of the legendary minions require that it be fairly late in the game in order for them to start being effective. Fandral for instance, a 4 cost 3/5 that is only useful if you can combo it with other cards because it is easy to remove if you have established board.

Most of the legendary class minions are terrible in this set. All the good legendary minions are neutral which is kind of sad. I mean, there aren't even that many great legendary class minions across all classes. Most of the legendary minions require that it be fairly late in the game in order for them to start being effective. Fandral for instance, a 4 cost 3/5 that is only useful if you can combo it with other cards because it is easy to remove if you have established board.
    Honestly, out of the legendary class minions, I'd only really suggest either Xaril or Ragnaros, Lightlord, but even then, it's not like they're "Must haves", like Tirion usually is for paladin.

Honestly though, if it was up to me, I'd consider sticking Xaril as a standard card for Rogues, I don't think many people would disagree the rest of the rogue legendaries really aren't...well, good at all, so maybe they should think about replacing Van Cleef with Xaril as the legendary that will always be in cycle.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-06-04 at 07:48 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, out of the legendary class minions, I'd only really suggest either Xaril or Ragnaros, Lightlord, but even then, it's not like they're "Must haves", like Tirion usually is for paladin.

Honestly though, if it was up to me, I'd consider sticking Xaril as a standard card for Rogues, I don't think many people would disagree the rest of the rogue legendaries really aren't...well, good at all, so maybe they should think about replacing Van Cleef with Xaril as the legendary that will always be in cycle.
    Warlock legendary minions are pretty bad, Malganis is mediocre and well, I don't see anyone playing Wilfred Fizzlebang or Cho'gall in this expansion either. I have seen Jaraxxus in ranked before, but Zoo decks are so much better at taking out an enemy anyways. I feel like Warlocks get the short end of the stick too because their cards and hero power sacrifice health and with so many early game face decks and aggro out the wazoo, it is so hard to use actual Warlock class cards, because they have a lot of drawbacks for less than amazing stats or abilities.

Warlock legendary minions are pretty bad, Malganis is mediocre and well, I don't see anyone playing Wilfred Fizzlebang or Cho'gall in this expansion either. I have seen Jaraxxus in ranked before, but Zoo decks are so much better at taking out an enemy anyways. I feel like Warlocks get the short end of the stick too because their cards and hero power sacrifice health and with so many early game face decks and aggro out the wazoo, it is so hard to use actual Warlock class cards, because they have a lot of drawbacks for less than amazing stats or abilities.
    I have Wilfred too, I keep forgetting to try using him, but I would agree aside from Jaraxxus, even though he's only really used in Handlock, he's really strong there at least.

I suggest N'zoth. He is going to be a big deck defining card for the next 2 years in standard.